2016-11-18 00:01:03

On the very first page when he gives the download link there is also a link for a patch. I think you just replace the exe file on the unzip folder and run it. That is what I did. so hopefully this version won't have the bugs I had. It might be an old patch, I just never used it or knew how to install it. I hope I have the most recent version now!
A

2016-12-04 14:17:08

I have been up on the server playing again and I would love others to join me. I won't rob you and I ask you don't rob me.

Now, I have been so frustrated with the mining issue, having coal or gold and not being able to mine it and not knowing why. So I asked Jeremy and he said the digging and the mining has to be aadjacent to a tunnel tile. So even if there is dirt on either side of your goald you still can't  mine it until there is a tunnel next to it. Now, I did not know this and so this is for anyone else who didn't know it and thought it was a bug.

Not a bug, just clever!
A

2016-12-04 18:47:59

is he going to develop it more?

2016-12-04 20:03:27

Hi
I have the same question. how is the development of this game?
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2016-12-04 20:33:23

Hello
I was wonder if i could get someone to log on to the server and send me one food item that i can eat. i have 0 energy and really wanta get back to the game.
Thanks and hope to hear about updates soon but still enjoying the game

Who am I? Simply me!

2016-12-05 04:10:21

I am hopeful like you all are about the updates and don't know anything, however, it is stil tons of fun to play, updates or not! I am logged in with some food, however, I'd like a cotton seed or something.
A

2016-12-12 19:52:14

I know there aren't many folks on there but a couple log in and now when I try and log in I get a connecting to server message that just does not go away. I was connected for a long while then later I was getting "wrong protocol"  message. It is now connecting but nothing happens. Anyone else getting this?
It is sort of frustrating!
My chickens need fed, what if my livestock dies? Just kidding, but seriously I would like to be able to connect again and not sure what is up.
A

2017-02-26 01:39:51

Hello
Is the server down? i can't connect at all.
Thank you

Who am I? Simply me!

2017-02-28 11:29:09

I didn't log in this month but I have a suggestion! If we could some how turn off the automatic start over each month it would be cool to just build cities and steam factories and have another plot and just build our own little worlds!
I get so far, maybe a few days into my next plot and then I have to start over so essentially doing tha same things over and over when I could have a coupld of different plots. I love this game. It is the best and my favorite of all of them, and Aprone is a brilliant creator! What a talent he shares with us.

A

2017-03-01 07:03:09

yeah that's 1 thing that puts me off playing the constant monthly resetting.

2017-03-01 13:41:13

I love the online quests, I haven't done one yet but I started to!
Very clever work,
A

2017-03-09 11:53:43

HI, finally got my gamer account back up so wanted to give this a try.
I log in ok. it says i am connected but does nothing. i press esc and only option basically is single player game. I go thru and select my perks and such then i am on a plot of land. Problem is when i do anything it does not register. I can send 2 people to be collecting grass and it does not show anyone under tasks and after 30 seconds, one minute, 2 minutes, nada. it still shows both workers not available and still nothing is listed under tasks. did I miss something?

when i press control grave is it supposed to bring an online list of available items i can buy? if so i get nothing there also.

thanks Aprone for all you do. Hope you and your family is doing well. TC

2017-03-13 21:19:20

Hello
I can't connect to the server. It just says connecting to server forever. how do i fix it. Also is the plot on which i get the sped up time supposed to only be one of them or all of them. I only got that on my second plot. This time anyway.
Thank you

Who am I? Simply me!

2017-03-14 03:58:26 (edited by SilverMoon 2017-03-14 04:03:08)

hey all, I just stumbled on this thread. Not sure if anyone's looking at it. But I thought I'd ask, a couple questions.
1. is the game still running and working?
2. How does the patch thing work? Do I replace the exe file of the zip with the patch?
3. Is there a certain day I should start playing? I've gone through several of the posts, obviously not all 260, but several and people talking about different plots and different days.
4. I noticed that castaways 1, also has multiplayer. Is anyone on that one as well?
5. I'm looking on the thread and seeing a lot of connection issues. has that been solved, or being worked on?
6. If I run in to the same problem, how should I fix it?
I'm sorry if these questions were already asked and answered. As I said, I didn't read all 260 posts. Thanks!!!
P.s Aprone, if you are reading this, I didn't see castaways2 on your main page. Just a fyi. I can download it off the first post you posted regarding the game, provided that link is still working.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-03-14 20:02:41

hey guys, it's me again.
For anyone looking at this thread, I think I figured out most of the questions I asked on my previous post.
Only now, my question is, is there like a walk through or something for this game?
I connected to the server, and it was like way way way different from castaways 1, where you're given some people and you can make them do things.
I was kind of expecting that, but I guess not?
Anyways, just curious if there are any walk throughs.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-03-15 21:04:34

@SilverMoon: I've only just started playing this too. There's two sources of information that I know of. The first I found was the readme. That's got a general getting started bit of advice in there. It doesn't go too far though. The second I've found is in the main menu, there's an About the game section, that has lots of little topics with information inside. It's a bit like a Civilopedia for Castaways 2.

Hope this helps!

2017-03-19 20:46:12

Anyone having trouble connecting to Castaways 2?
It says I am connecting but lags out.
A

2017-04-01 20:18:30

I loged in last night to check out my reset plot to see if it had water, sadly not, however, I did discover that  making twine and hammers and hoes and shovels and even processing logs went super fast. Like ultra fast! Now, alas, I can't seem to log in again. Is anyone else playing and are you having trouble logging in?
A

2017-04-01 22:25:38

I'm not quite sure what you're meant to be doing in castaways 2, the first one sure, but this one is confusing to me.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-04-01 23:28:33

Hi, in castaways 2 it's more interactive in that you can move around your map and decide where to plant things like crops and so on.  The main problems at the moment are offline mode is very slow and clunky, and crops take ages to grow.  Also the lack of players means if you get something you really don't like or need, you can't sell it unless you have a store built, so like Swamp it'd be nice if there'd be a donate feature.  I have a mushroom I don't need, when all I want is some corn to plant and get my piggy fed.  I also had an idea for mines under Swamp tiles.  I thought while digging a perk could be a chance of finding an underground stream or water tile, then getting workers to somehow channel it to the surface, so there's now a water tile there instead of swamp or waste land.  I'd also love to see trees grow again, ie if you have chopped down a tree and the tile is still empty, another could grow up in it's place.  Also the lack of gold you get at the beginning in online mode is not good, perhaps we could start with 1000 coins, unless things in the market are cheaper, like corn, apples or potatos.  It might also be handy to sometimes find an apple seed or corn seed lying around in the tall grass.  smile  From Lori.  From Lori.

2017-04-01 23:51:28

I can't even seem to log in right now though the brading twine and stuff is very fast right now, or was when I could log in.
A

2017-04-02 00:54:01

I'll try it again and see what I can come up with.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-04-02 02:37:49

You startout with two people and you have them pick long grass, collect sticks and stones, make tools and eventually build factories. It is soooo fun! You can raise like stock like chickens and sheep and cows, grow things like corn and hemp for ropes and lots of different things. I don't have water so if I want to make glass someone else will have to either sell me sand or I have to do it when I get to a new plot. Space bar tells you all the jobs in the game including quests and pressing enter on the square will give you al the jobs for that spot. It is addictive!
A

2017-04-06 22:32:33

Ok, finally got logged in last night. set my name and perks. Had to leave so i asumed that if I just exit the server saves the game as it was since I noticed nothing else there for me to select. Today I trie to log in 4 times before I could do anything. The previous 3 times it did nothing and only option waas to exit. Fourth time it asked me to start game. Thought this was unusual but did it. It didn't ask for a name but asked me to set perks. did that and was back on a empty board. didn't know any better so I just started to collect grass. Unlike last night where it was almost immediate I got nothing. Both workers were not availabel and the task list showed nada. so i exited and am now writing this story.

so wanna know:

1. does the server save your online game?

2. did I exit the game properly last night?

3. when it says your connected to the server and it does nothing, is it best to give it a few mins to do something or do you have to exit and reconnect?

thanks in advance. shermanator

2017-04-07 01:29:56

Hey guys, yes the online thing is a bit finicky at best.
You can't always connect to the server, and sometimes, as is written above, it just tells you it's connecting, then promptly does absolutely nothing.
I also had a question.
The last time I played the game, I made a house. I was told in the read me I could get more people that way. But how? I don't know how to work that entire angle. help?
I was told I didn't have to buy people if I had a house, they'd just breed. it's... not occurring. is there like a thing I have to do, or does it just occur?

Emily Dickenson