2017-02-28 07:41:26

Hello all,
Recently I've decided to pick up writing again after not doing so for a while and have begun writing a novel, for fun really.
There are times I'm not at my computer and would like to add to it, and I bring either my Macbook or my iPad.
I was interested to know what tools I can use to keep the file in sync? I'm interested in keeping it in sync with my iPad and pc.
It will probably only be me composing and editing this file, so multi user syncing per say, isn't really something I need too much.
I've tried dropbox on iOS, but there's a slight problem. It crashes on my iPad. Hard. It doesn't really seem to have a pattern to it's crashes, except when going through files and folders in my dropbox. My dropbox doesn't have much in it so it does not have much to go through.
Again, I'm really just looking for an app I can use to keep the file in sync and either provides a built in editing functionality, or allows an open in feature and can some how deal with the new data, although I forget if any app can perform that last one at all.
Thanks!

2017-02-28 09:18:08

An hour later, and I discovered a solution was on my device all along. It's an app called NoteMaster lite.
It's not perfect but it will have to do. For anyone who tries it, be aware that syncing to dropbox results in docx files, so you will need wordpad if your like me.
Hope this helps!

2017-02-28 17:00:16

could probably download google docs too.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-28 20:47:30 (edited by Chris 2017-02-28 20:49:06)

You could use Pages on both OS X and iOS. Pages will sync your file using iCloud so that you can edit it from your Mac or iOS device.

If that solution won't work for your needs, you could always use Google Docs. This works on all the major platforms.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.