2017-02-21 02:40:41

http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=15265

2017-02-21 14:37:00

As many and more of us, I feel your pain, dude. I was a Magic the Gathering addict before I got blind and I still want so bad some way to play it online again.

My small contribution is: Search the forum for pokémon showdown, I apologize for not linking the topic here, but it is pretty accessible and it gives you access to a raging competitive community, believe me, those guys are wild. I've been studying competitive pokémon battling for months now, I play a couple hours everyday, and I still feel a newbie. It's not a card game, but it is certainly the competition environment you are looking for.

2017-02-21 17:32:32

If I could learn mtg, I'd be all over it.  At least we have a few options with the ygo mud, as well as the audiogame that Nina is working on, which hopefully will be expanded on once the base is done.  I'd love for someone to make a magic audiogame though, it's something I've wanted to learn for a while.  i tried showdown, but just couldn't get into it.

2017-02-22 05:57:20

Pokémon Showdown is indeed a harsh terrain, I spent weeks just reading and studying the metagame, going through lots of team analysis, and even so it took me three months to start winning more than loosing, it's a really wild competition environment, but it's all accessible, the reason why I'm not a top player is that I am lame, not that it's difficult for the blind wink

I have and old project about Magic the Gathering, one that would require someone with real programming skills, not the poor ones I have. There is/was an application for Windows which I used when I was sighted, the name is Apprentice. Apprentice was a server-client app that would connect via IP and allowed you to play Magic the Gathering. The graphics were greatly simplified, with no card illustrations, and the rules were kept by the players rather than by the app. So, if you take 3 damage, you gotta deduce 3 life points from your total, the game won't do it automatically. All that said, it was a great way to play Magic, and it had no complex interface, just a list with your cards, a tabletop, a chat and some buttons.

It would be just wonderful if we or somebody could create it for the blind. I tried some years ago with BGT, but got stuck on it and in the end it seems that an app made in Python, with an interface that sighted players could use too, would be a nicer pick.

2017-02-22 07:12:42 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-22 07:42:53)

This is driving me crazy!!!
That's the link which was already given to me, and I still have no bloody idea what am I supposed to do with it!!!

Ok, I shall take it easy now, and try to explain it to you step-by-step:

This link leads to a renewed forum thread about the Hugelo game, and starts with the post of my fellow Hungarian called Robjoy, who has developed, and is now announcing the english version of the Yugelo-game.
In his newer post, there is only one downloadable link, it's a mere additional sound-pack for the game, which I don't care about for now.

In his original Yugelo-announcing post below, he instructs us to "download a telnet or mud client, and connect to Tardis...whatever port".
There are 2 more links of homepages in that post, but none of them contains any downloadable content.

Now using my logic, it must mean that there exists NO special Yugelo-related program I have to download, but am supposed to download ANY (for example) mud-client, and after starting it, I am merely supposed to connect to the mentioned port, whose name and number he provided in that original post.
Please tell me, is this assumption of mine correct???
And if it is, could You guys recommend me an NVDA-friendly mud-client, since the one I made a 1st try with, froze my system totally, and even made NVDA to "forget" all my settings after the forced restart!!!

(I already have the MushZ-client installed, does it count for a mud-client too?)

Edit:
Normally in case I am wrong, and there is still a separate, Yugelo-game-mud, then PLEASE give me a direct download-link to it, for I can't find any in that forum-post!!!

2017-02-22 10:19:07

The soundpack download seems to come with a mush client, and the instructions in the download suggest you should use that included client as the Yugioh soundpack has several external Lua script dependancies that may otherwise conflict with other mush clients, like MushZ. I think given this you can ignore his original post, try grabbing the soundpack and going with its  MUSHclient.exe.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-02-22 13:44:58

how pokemon showdown is accessible? throught web page or has a client?

2017-02-22 14:14:31

Pokémon Showdown is accessible on the website interface. I couldn't catch the link when I made the first post, but now here it is, this guide will put you running on the game:
https://gamemadnessinteractive.wordpres … ity-guide/

Two worthy notes: First, the user interface is responsive, so it will give you one interface on larger resolutions such as 1600x1200 and another one when you run on smaller screens, I personally don't like the compact version where you have to switch between chat and battle log. Second, if you want to learn how to play in order to eventually have some fun winning some battles, then go to Smogon University and start reading, Smogon is your friend. Although the competitive community is a harsh desert of stone, when you are not playing against those guys they tend to be nice teachers. Enough of that, though, for this is not a Showdown topic wink

2017-02-22 16:42:57

Caccio72, your assumption is indeed correct, you can connect to that mud using any mud client, that is one that is accessable. MushZ also counts as a mud client although of course customized entirely for altur.
VIP mud is one accessable client that works well with NVDA although its paid and I'd leave it on you whether to pay for it or not, although paying beyond a trial isn't necessary as long as you are willing to restart the vipmud client after 2 hours.

Hope that helps.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-22 21:17:57

Thank. i'm trying pokemon right now..

I don't know why this game has not been discussed before, if we are lack of those kind of games.

2017-02-23 01:48:15 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-23 02:42:16)

So...since I already have Altereon, and the MushZ-client set (adjusted to) run it, I wonder what will happen, when I start that another one from that soundpack-addition?
Will it be also linked to Altereon, or as another, 2nd copy of the client, it will still remain free, and let me choose its destination?

As for that Pokemon-showdown game...I was mever fond of Pokemon, nor Pokemon-type games in general, they always seemed too childish and immature to me, so...just not serious enough for my taste.
However, since you guys keep praising the PvP-concurrency in it so much, I might even consider trying it out, after all, there were quite a lot of very skilled Hearthstone players too, and I had no "blindness-disadvantage" there...
You know, "the tougher the concurrency, the more interesting the challenge, and the harder the challenge, the sweeter any achieved success", that was one of my favorite quotes back in my pool-playing era!

Btw, what's so special in those PvP-battles there, so that you guys like it this much?
Could I ask you for a brief description, before I make my decision?

2017-02-23 03:54:00 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-23 08:37:06)

Ok...I am at least one small step closer now...

Namely, as explained in the sound file's instructions, that MushZ-client is specified for Yugelo, so all I (accordingly) have to do is to start it, and connect to Yugelo server.
However, 9-10 seconds after starting the client, it always automatically disconnects me from the server.
That happens also after I try to reconnect, each single time.
The only thing I can do at this moment is, to hit "enter" at the moment when "telnet" is mentioned, then I am asked my nickname, and then get thrown iinto a kind of chat-room with currently 2 other members online.
What to do next???
Any ideas???

Edit:
Actually I did find a bunch of options, checked the one about connection, and everything seems to be alright...the server name, the IP-address, the port, etc...and still, after I give my nickname, (with or without a password), and then order to connect...I still get disconnected after a few seconds!!!

Any idea WHY???

Errr...let's say I figured out the disconnection reason and fixed it.
So I am inside the Yugeoh! mud, but still have no idea what to do?
Whatever command I type, or whichever option I select, nothing happens at all...no game-options appear, no cards, no decks, no online people...so still NO GAME is found!!!

Ok, I noticed a help file in the Yugeo directory, and also inside the MushZ client, but none of them seems to function...they just refuse to run!
So now I need a link to a working "help" file, explaining how the client and the mud actually work!

2017-02-23 13:43:37

Type -duel.  That should get you into the dueling interface.  This isn't said in the connect screen, and I'm not sure why robjoy hasn't fixed that.

2017-02-23 17:28:16 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-23 17:36:10)

Wowww...I can't even believe the answer to all my troubles is this simple...
Namely, all I want now is to connect/access to one of those so called game "worlds", and I even found the command to load all the free worlds, but still didn't get any world-list to choose from...

Ok, let's see if the "duel" command works...
If it does, I wonder why isn't this simple , but necessary step mentioned in the instructions???

2017-02-24 05:32:42

Ehhh...I just knew this would be a too easy solution...

Anyway, I had enough of this futile struggle, and posted in the Yugioh! related forum-thread, meaning the one called "it's time to duel", described there the whole problem, hoping that one of those regular Yugioh!-players visiting it, will finally provide me with detailed instructions about successfully accessing the game!

2017-02-25 05:37:39

Yugioh!-related problems solved, please ignore all my past complains regarding them!

2017-02-25 06:30:19

Glad to hear it.