2017-02-08 04:43:18

flame_elchemist,
That is strange becaus I go to the page often with Firefox and have now problem.
Maybe you have your security setting too high.
To answer your question you can play only
human characters right now, although NPC and Monsters can be other races.

2017-02-08 04:47:18

is their a way to change my firefox settings? When i clicked on the link it sent me to ian reads page with the JGT add-on and his games.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-02-08 05:59:31

Use this link:
http://OutOfSightGames.com

The other one had https at the front, which is what caused the firefox warning.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2017-02-08 06:11:04

Oops. sorry about that. I'm so used to typing https. Lol.

2017-02-11 22:42:36

Hi
What status effects ahc has other than paralysis and poison?

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-02-12 05:33:04

I feel like this kind of question should be held over until the game releases. We shouldn't have every feature and property asked abou or discussed before it even comes out.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-02-12 09:19:15

Assault you're right, but I think questions of such have been answered before so I thought I'd ask this question, if there's a possibility for it to be answered.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470

2017-02-12 11:03:10

I would imagine sleep at the very least and possibly stone.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-02-14 03:54:41

To tack onto what assault_freak said, one other thing to bear in mind is that we're still in the process of tweaking the combat system through ongoing testing. So while I could give you a list of status effects that we currently have mechanics for, there's no guarantee something won't be added to or removed from that list by the time it's all said and done. Also, even if we were to list them out, the names of those effects wouldn't have any meaning outside of an in-depth explanation of their specific effect in the game. For example, if you were to tell me a game has paralysis, sleep, and stone, I wouldn't know what makes one different from another.

So all that is to say - I'm curious why you ask, and wonder if there's a better answer I can offer, that would be more helpful than just giving a list of effects?

2017-02-14 09:27:06

Hi
Right. It would be cool to see a status effect that confuses foes or making them berserk, resulting them to hit themselves or fight each other. Eg let's say that I've incountered a raven and a wolf, then I casted a spell, effecting the raven. Now there's more likely for the raven to attack the wolf rather than attacking me. Or let's say that the raven's attack for the wolf has a 50 percent chance to happen, or let's say 40 or 35. I don't know if such spells could be possible to present in the game.

Kind regards!

2017-02-14 14:23:04

Joseph,
Will A Hero's Call have a free download demo feature?
Many games allow you to download a part of the game to make sure the game works with your computer.
Then a password unlocks the rest of the game.
Some games even produce a demo version with one adventure or level.
This could be A Hero's Call  releasing only the Talisman Quest.

2017-02-14 15:47:46

Phil, that's something we've had some debate about back and forth, and haven't made a decision yet. Only doing a demo of a certain quest really wouldn't be an option in an open-world game like this - rather we would have to do something where you were just restricted to a certain area. There are points in favor of offering a free demo, but there are also some risks and challenges associated, so we still have to weigh all of that. As far as knowing whether or not the game will work on your machine, though, that's what system requirements are for. When we publish the game, we'll be sure to provide minimum and recommended system specifications.

2017-02-15 02:57:24

In an RPG the demo might allow you to play up to a certain point in the story, in most cases up to the second boss battle or some other major event. That way you can still explore the world or as much as is accessible to you at the start.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-02-15 14:57:37

@Joseph Westhouse: I know it'll take more work unfortunately, but here's another idea. Have you possibly considered doing a demo the way that resident evil 7 and final fantasy xv did it, having, basically, a special quest for that demo only, a bit like a concept demo. NO actual content from the game, but something using the game systems and set in that world. Final Fantasy xv was set in the main character's dreams, but I can't quite remember how resident evil 7 did it.

2017-02-15 15:55:01

Joseph,
Does the game consider time of day and weather conditions?
For example at night your characters would have to hold burning torches, lanterns or have a light spell.
This would affect battles as one of your party would need to hold the torch.
Also if there were rain, fog or snow, your movements might be affected causing you to slow down or risk slipping and injuring some of your party.
In this case dexterity levels would affect the slipping and walk on water or ice spells could fix the problem.
Bad weather could also reduce visibility for you, allowing creatures to get closer without being detected.

2017-02-15 17:27:29

Aaron: That's an interesting idea, and for a triple-A developer with time and money to spare, I could see that being a good way to go, assuming that it makes sense within the way the game is played and can give an accurate sense of what playing the game will be like. I don't see it being a valid option for us, though.

One other reason we're hesitant to do a demo, apart from the technical difficulties, is the difficulty of finding the balance where you give enough content to be an effective demo, bu not so much content that people are content not buying the game. To put it simply, we don't want people downloading the free demo and saying,

2017-02-15 20:06:53

Joseph,
One alternative to Aaron's idea is to create a battle arena where you and your party that already has their weapons and magical items, can battle one or two of the creatures in the full game.

2017-02-15 21:31:55

Not a bad idea, except that in that case it would only let you experience part of the game's system. I like Aaron's idea, or just carving out a small chunk of the game to put a demo together, one question is usually the standard... the Yakuza games, one of my favourite action rpgs, usually consist of demos that are the beginings of chapters or stages. One story cutseen, and then you can explore the city or town, and whenever you like you can go to the story objective to enter the battle that advances the plot. After the battle and seen, the demo ends. So you can enter as many shops and the like as you want, bt you only get one snipet of the plot, no upgrades, etc.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-02-22 18:05:02

From a gamer's point of view, it's more than easy to suggest many different approaches to implementing a demo, one more fascinating than the other. However, from the programmer's and/or developer's POV, not having included a demo in the design process can often mean that being forced to try to come up with a viable, working solution for it later on, when the game is nearly finished and ready for release technically speaking, can be a real pain that a common gamer can probably never truly appreciate.

Many commercial games also do away with just trailers and are being purchased nevertheless, because beta testing ensured that the declared system specs the game requires will work for all potential gamers in 99% of all the possible situations, unless something unexpected goes really horribly wrong. I would say just bear with it and try to show the devs some respect by exercising patience.

Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2017-02-23 11:07:37

on a different topic. since i haven't got money to donate, I've been helping in a small way by sharing the link with every sighted gamer I know, and more often than not, people said they'd buy it when it comes out. I know I will.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-02-23 13:30:56

That's awesome to hear, and another reason why, if possible, I'd love to see it be up on steam or some other platform where sighted gamers can get at it rather than a website download.

2017-02-24 17:53:28

That is really encouraging to hear—thanks for sharing! Agreed that it would be great to publish on a major platform. Unfortunately, that's another area where planning to do something from the beginning is a lot better than trying to retroactively make it work later on. We'd definitely be in a better place to publish on a major platform if we'd been planning to do so from the start; now there are certain technical hurdles to overcome that we could probably have avoided if we'd known in the beginning we might want to publish elsewhere. They're not insurmountable...it's just still a very big question mark at the time being.

2017-02-26 15:49:25

I hope there'll still be a web site download for those who can't or don't want to use Steam. I for one don't fancy paying for the game itself and then having to pay again just to download it. Steam is a subscription service is it not?

2017-02-26 16:06:32

Steam is not a subscription service.

2017-02-26 17:45:53

@BryanP: nope, in fact Steam's a free download. If it were a subscription I think it would be very, very different, more like games on demand. But this is literally more like a kind of backend for games, where you just buy the games and rn them through Steam.