2017-02-16 19:25:00

@Caccio, I think there must have been some missed communication somewhere.
when I said a larger dungeon, more monsters etc, I mean in the game itself. Start the game and as you have seen there are more character jobs and races to choose from. This means even on the flaws you've already played you'll be encountering things like goblin shaman and the like that you weren't finding before, and of course, after you go down passed where the demo finished on the eighth floor you'll have another 17 floors to go with lots more monsters and enemies some special bosses.

As for the bazaar, as I said, it's not a major part of the game and won't give your starting characters any advantage.
Basically it's like a super version of the usual shop, where if you have found a particularly good weapon you can put it up for trade, and anyone on that level of the dungeon or higher can buy it, giving you coins in your turn.

it's hard to anything worth putting  up and I'm not sure how many people use the service. Really your best off just looking in the dungeon and enjoying the  content as a single player game as I said.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-18 12:27:41

Okay, I just remembered another game which I should mention in this topic, especially if as you said elsewhere Caccio that you are a fan of sports management.
that is path to pelantas, which is sort of a mix of fantasy tactical battles, albeit automatic ones, and sports aanagement, where you control a team of heroes and battle against other people.

I confess it wasn't my thing, but there are people on the forum who've very much enjoyed it.
Check the database entry for more info.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-19 06:36:53 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-19 09:52:57)

Wowww, aou people were eight, despite the total lack of PvP and cooperative play, Entombed is really a very cool game, so it was definitely worth the money I spent on it!

I realized that at the "funny" moment when I ran into a zombie-version of one of my ddied ex-characters for the 1st time, and also after reaching the 3rd dungeon-floor with the bazar.
However, you were wrong about the importance of the bazar, I managed to find and buy round a dozen very cool equipment, which made my further adventure significantly easier.

Now I wonder...my last character, a barbarian-healer, along with a ranger-mage compaignon, and normally her wolf-pet, still died at the 4th floor yesterday...now if I continue my saved game, (since I really feel sorry for this one), will it run into its own-zombie-self this time, and will the (also dead) compaignon appear by its side as welle??????

Oh yeah, and after a full restart with a new character, will I have the amount of my previous initial TPs, (trade points used in the bazar), or I will have only the remaining sum from my last game??? (meaning the one played with my previous character)
If so, than I guess I should try to sell the most of my looted stuff in the Bazar for TPs, instead in that pretty poorly equipped store for gold...

Edit:
Resumed my saved game, on 5th dungeon-level now...I wonder where is the next settlement with store and bazar...full of looted items to sell!
(btw I completed my 1st quest recently)

2017-02-19 14:28:34

There is only one settlement in entombed, though you will find special shops in the dungeon with good equipment to sell.
Also as a rule of thumbmixing magic and technique based jobs like barbarian healer is generally not a good idea, since you earn stat advances each level from both jobs, and so you'll find a point where your magic abilities and physical abilities are half as weak as they should be compared to the enemies.

This happened to me once, I took a monk healer right through to the 25th floor, got to the final boss, and couldn't actually do enough damage to overcome the boss's regeneration so had to abandon the game.

Btw, there are also a few unlockable jobs and races you might want to look at.
Some involve random drops, one unlockable race needs buying in the bizarre, however two unlockable jobs (including a very awesome one), involved playing specific combinations of other jobs.
Let me know if you'd like a hint as to what combinations of other jobs work for the unlockables.

Glad your liking entombed, I actually need to install it on this machine myself.

2017-02-20 17:00:27

Damn...so this means I will have to travel all the way back to the 3rd floor each time I wish to access the Bazar, or even to get new quests in the tavern???

2017-02-20 17:13:10

hmhmhm

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-20 17:24:38

@Tabutcu, what do you mean? please if you are posting a message, try to say something that makes sense since otherwise people cannot understand you and it looks as if your just typing random letters for no reason.

@Caccio, nope, you don't have to walk back to the third floor, just hit f1 to use the teleportation orb, then hit f1 again to go back to where you were in the dungeon.

I usually tend to do it on the down staircase before I descend so I can sell off all the stuff I found on one floor, check the shop for useful potions or items, and perhaps get some quests before going on.
I know

2017-02-21 01:35:04

That's cool then, I plan to do the very same way!

I just wonder why I haven't been notified by the game about that teleportation possibility, meaning once I reached the settlement with bazar for the 1st time...nor is it present in the game's context menu!

Thanx again!!!

2017-02-21 12:39:53

I'm not sure, I did think there was a notification in the game, or at least in the rather minimal online manual that has a list of keyboard keys including the teleport orb.

2017-02-21 16:15:31

There is a notification, right after you defeat the wolves. It says you find a crystal orb near one of the wolves and tells you what it is and how to use it.

2017-02-22 05:36:15 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-22 05:42:04)

One last question regarding Entombed:

How to change the ammo for rangers?

Initially there was a "select ammo" option along with the "attack" command, but after I selected the ammo for the 1st time, it just won't appear anymore...so despite finding/looting much better arrows, the ranger keeps using the initially set old ones, (even after probably running out of them long time ago?), and there exists no option to order him/her, which arrows to use instead...

Or do I have to sell or drop the old arrow stack to make the "select ammo" option appear again???

2017-02-22 12:31:48

Hi all!
I have problem with heell spel in entombed.
How doo I heell my torso? or I must use the heeling potion?
My problem is (while in batle, I am get attack by the drake, & my torso was injurt.  I kant heel him/her.
I tryed to heel 1 of my caricter but it only heel 1 point).
& my enemy kan heel 3 to 17 point.

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-02-22 14:14:07

@Caccio, if I remember rightly if you go into your inventory with I you can select the new amo stack and then you'll be asked which weapon it's for, indeed I believe one of the sort tabs in the inventory is for amo though I could be wrong (hit tab for various display options).

@Danang, the heal spell needs targeting just like attacks do. So just as you'd hold 5 to attack an enemy's torso, you can hold 5 once you've selected the target for the heal spell to heal the torso.
hth.

2017-02-22 23:06:47 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-23 00:23:57)

Damnit...this means I was playing this game on ultra-impossible difficulty level so far...WHY was this aiming/healing-system never, nowhere told and explained in the game???
Now the whole game will become several levels easier to me...and I am not wuite sure that's something I'll actually like, since I like games hard..."the harder the better!"
Hell, I wasn't even aware of the possibility to filter inventory items by categories...(probably with the "tab" key I guess)

As for the arrows in inventory, selecting them with "enter" or "space" produces only a "click" sound, (just like by all other, non-usable objects), but nothing more happens, so no additional comment or question can be heard.
(tried this out more times in the past)
So this issue still meeds a solution!
Or is it possible, that there is still an option for choosing the weapon, its just Windows SAPI who cannot read it, and there is a similar problem with the description of items as well???
(I guess I should try playing the game with NVDA for a change)

I just wonder what else more I am still missing from this game...for example, maybe even a description/commentary exists for each single item, and it's just me who doesn't know of it???

Edit:
The "changing ammo" issue is solved!
Namely, I have to press "enter" on the equipped weapon in the inventory, instead of the carried ammos.

2017-02-23 00:28:09

Number 5 is not torso, but waste

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-02-23 01:49:28

@danang, do heal on waste enough it'll cover the torso too.

@Caccio, targeted heal only counts the healer's healing spell not potions, so no you've not been playing the game on easy.

glad you solved the amo thing. Unfortunately rangers tend to be pretty cruddy since while their abilities are awesome, (especially if you combine with assassin and raise the critical hits skill) when you get further down the dungeon you'll find creatures who have such hard skins they're virtually unaffected by anything but steal weapons or magic, which means ranged weapons and thus most of the good stuff rangers do become pretty pointless.

It's actually one of the balance issues in the game, like magic never missing, and your armoured and unarmoured characters having pretty much the same chance of being attacked, and something which again was hopefully going to be fixed in entombed ii.

Imho the best comboes are necro healer, necro and one of the unlocked classes, assassin brawler, or assassin and anything if you have a bard or trickster in your party, ---- indeed assassin monk can be deadly if you go unarmed and put points into multiple attack, unarmed and iron skin.

there are actually lots of good, and not so good job combos in the game and a lot of the fun in entombed is trying to use what you get to best advantage big_smile.

2017-02-23 08:56:15 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-23 09:25:26)

My comment was primarily not meant for healing, but more for my attacks, which obviously targeted totally random body-parts by now...no wonder I kept hitting enemy's legs and arms in the most cases, LOL!
And that was often quite a waste of turns for my barbarian, who normally does enough damage to kill a somewhat weaker monster in 1 attack, (with her 2-handed large weapon), IF she hits its head or torso that is...

I just have no idea why my ranger doesALWAYS only 1 point of damage with her "true shot" ability, even after increasing that skill?

And yeah, can you please list the numbers for body-parts?
I think I already learned them by now, but just to make sure.

And I still haven't found a single piece of armor for the wolf...but since it has its equipment-slots as well, it means there must be some, probably in the later phase of the game...

2017-02-23 11:49:38

The wolf doesn't have armour unfortunately.
Trueshot does not increase damage, it increases accuracy, however since most if not all enemies in the game are harder to damage than to hit it's a bit pointless.
multishot and the base archery skill are the rangers best techniques, especially with critical hits from the assassin as I said.

As to body parts, well bare in mind you might not hit what you aim at big_smile.
this is one area where spells are better since even if you don't hit the targeted body part with a spell, you still hit the enemy, where as melee attacks can miss, then again, melee attacks can be more damaging than spells if done right.

Also bare in mind the increased cooldown for some techniques.

As to targeting 8 = head, 5 = torso or waste, 1 is left leg, 3 is right leg, 4 is left hand and 6 is right hand.

You can use either the number pad or number row.

If you want the monster of one hit death, try necromancer and iceblast to the noggin! big_smile.

I also find combining assassin brawler fun, since assassinate triggers extra damage when the target is helpless, including being grappled. sleep is also good for this.

As to the wolf, no the wolf doesn't get armour, actually the wolf becomes something of a liability after level 15 or so, though keeping it alive through the game does give you extra points on your score.

2017-02-23 17:10:16 (edited by Caccio72 2017-02-23 17:14:12)

Ehhh...then I really wonder why the wolf was given equipment-slots for each its body-part...a totally useless feature I guess...( I always wanted to be a professional game beta-tester, omissions like that would surely not pass my attention, lol!)

Thanks for all the explanations and advices!

2017-03-02 01:16:55 (edited by Caccio72 2017-03-02 01:32:35)

I was "busy" playing Tactical Battles these last few days, and as some of You can probably guess, the campaign I like the most is definitely that zombie-survival one, normally especially the 2 so called"hard" maps in it...
With the one called "Hard Road" I had no troubles, figured out the "winning strategy" very soon, and finished it without any losses in my 2nd try.
However, the "Zombie House Hard" luckily provides me amuch harder challenge, mostly due the lacking weapon-arsenal of the survivors, but I am still quite sure I will successfully finish this one soon too.

Attention!
I have an appeal regarding Tactical Battles, and I would be extremely grateful if ANYONE of you people would realize it!
So, could someone of You PRETTY PLEASE create a campaign, or at least a single map with the Aliens topic???
I mean a survival, or a "kill them all" type one, with a group of 8 or more members to lead, (like in Aliens 1-2 movies), so basically a similar to those zombie-theme maps, just adjusting the scene, environment, characters, equipment, and monsters to the "Aliens" theme...
I truely doubt this is a too demanding request, which is unlikely to require too much effort, normally meaning to those skilled in Tactical Battles map-design and editing.
If possible, I would also like the access to the next,and other following maps to be denied to players, allowing them to move on to the next map only after successfully finishing the current one...You know, the game loses much of its excitement and thrill, when all the campaign/story parts/sequels are known and reachable to players right from the very start!

Errr...and PLEASE, do try to make it as hard to (successfully) finish as possible, so much harder than that "Hard Road" named Zombie-map is!

2017-03-02 17:12:54

I am also an avid tactical battle player, and if you're looking for hard maps here are some to check out:
Den of the Slave Lords: a really complex set of maps that follows the storyline of a group of 5 adventurers as they try to fight against some evil slavers. All maps are unlocked at the start of the game, but play them in order for the best story experience.
Demon Wars Cycle is a very complex set of maps where you war against various demons. The maps range in complexity from a simple river defense to the infiltration and assault of the fortified demon stronghold. Note that this zip file is a complete installation of Tactical Battle with custom scripts.
Also try out Starship battles, available from the in-game downloader.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-03-04 21:29:52

Regarding tactical battle.. Is there a way for me to download new maps? The download map campaigns on the main menu doesn't seems to be updated.

2017-03-05 12:01:08

That is a problem, new map packs are only announced on the mailinglist, and can easily get lost between all the messages. There used to be a list on Ian Reed's website, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Someone should create a website and gather all the available map packs out there.

2017-03-06 16:39:27

Again this is the problem with a lot of community projects, something similar has happened with both swamp campaigns and adventure at C: stages.

I would suggest though that this is where the audiogames archive site can help, as indeed they have with resources for some other games such as topspeed.