2017-02-18 12:00:48 (edited by Turkce_Rap 2017-02-20 23:29:59)

Hi guys.
i m trying to improve my python skills and my next goal is to go with C# so, i got afew questions related to the way use C#

1. what ide do you use? if you use visual studio, is there a an alternative method for drag and drop? (to place objects etc) and from  projects menü i couldn't find c# (a blush smile suppose to be here)

2. if the ide you use has any accessibility problems, how do you over come? and and tools/methods you used?

3. what compiler do you use? and is c sharp could be compiled without dll output and average  how small the file size could be?

5. can you compare C# to python?

i hope this topic leads us a useful programing thread cool

Thanks in advance.

2017-02-18 22:27:13 (edited by Ethin 2017-02-18 22:29:37)

Hello there,
I can probably answer most of your questions:
1. I use Visual Studio. As for your secondary question inside this one, you do not need to have any replacement for Drag & Drop. In fact, you don't need to use that... at all. I know that JAWS and NVDA automatically read controls within the GUI designer, and the toolbox is readily accessible and usable. I'd say that everything is accessible and/or usable, accessibility-wise. The only difficulty with the GUI designer is the placement of widgets (or controls). When you place a control on the form that you are building, it is placed at the center of the form (I think?). Any other controls you add will be on top of that first control, making it impossible for sited people to use the program. I know that in the GUI designer the arrow keys move controls around, but neither JAWS or NVDA speaks the coordinates or the position it's at.
2. This question was basically answered in my first answer.
3. C# can be compiled to both a DLL and an executable. Beware, however, that unless you get a program such as Dotfiscator, your programs will be easily decompiled into MSIL. From there, it's not that hard to get back the original source code, or a reasonable imitation of it.
4. It's quite hard to compare C# to Python and vice versa. The languages are extremely different, but the most major comparison is the fact that C# is primarily meant for Windows only (as evidenced from all of the Windows.* namespaces and no Mac.* or Linux.*, etc... namespaces), although that is changing with .NET Core, and Python was meant, from the start, as a cross-platform, interpreted language.
Some other easily detectable comparisons are:
A. C# uses a standardized C/C++/Java syntax, i.e.:

for (int i = 0; i <= 100; ++i) {
// what to do with i...
}

Rather than the indention-based syntax like Python uses:

for i in range (0, 101):
  # Do something with i...

2. C# has several new concepts that Python does not: namespaces, assemblies, assembly references, and the ability to be JIT-compiled.
3. C# has different keywords than Python. Python has the False,      class,      finally,    is,         return, None,       continue,   for,        lambda,     try, True,       def,        from,       nonlocal,   while, and,        del,        global,     not,        with, as,         elif,       if,         or,         yield, assert,     else,       import,     pass, break,      except,     in,         and raise reserved keywords; while C# has the abstract, as, base, bool, break, byte, case, catch, char, checked, class, const, continue, decimal, default, delegate, do, double, else, enum, event, explicit, extern, false, finally, fixed, float, for, foreach, goto, if, implicit, in, int, interface, internal, is, lock, long, namespace, new, null, object, operator, out, override, params, private, protected, public, readonly, ref, return, sbyte, sealed, short, sizeof, stackalloc, static, string, struct, switch, this, throw, true, try, typeof, uint, ulong, unchecked, unsafe, ushort, using, virtual, void, volatile, and while reserved keywords (section 2.3.1 in Pythons language specification and section 2.4.3 in C#'s language specification).
4. Python has reserved classes of identifiers (_*, __*__, and __*); C# does not (section 2.3.2 of Pythons language specification).

I could probably come up with more, however I will not. These are probably the most trivial of comparisons, anyways. Note that when I refer to sections of either of these languages language specifications, I am referring to the latest versions of them, not, say, Python 2.7 or 3.2, or C# 3.0 or 2.0.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-02-19 02:36:14

Ethin
Firstly taking time to answer those questions.
as a second, how do you get over that matter regarding controls which you've mentioned above?also,  i've downloaded vs 2017 and although i've chose universal Windows platform c# during the installation process, when i run vs, i can't find c# from the new projects menü, where is that located?

2017-02-19 03:23:46

Hello there,
I do not know how to get around that. I know no possible workarounds other than having sited help. As for your third question, go to file->new->project.... In other words, go to the file menu, go into the new sub-menu, and select 'project...'. That is where it will be. If it is not there, then either VS is screwed up, or it's a bug in the installer.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-02-19 05:10:29

To get around the control issue, tab between the controls you added to the form. Hit f4 to edit one. Expand the location attribute and you can set its coordinates on the form manually. This can get annoying after a while, but there are controls that lay out elements on the form for you. I believe it is called flowLayoutPanel but I can't fully remember.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-02-19 07:30:29

That works, too. Never used it, though. I'll have to do so.

My Github

2017-02-19 09:53:13

Thank you for the answers guys, we can keep this thread going for all kind of programing discussion/questions related to these issues.

2017-02-19 19:16:24

sorry turkce_rap, i don't kno to your questions

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-19 19:43:07

I think this discussion should be cut and the topic changed to 'How to solve programming issues'. Keep the original posts, but change the topic, that way it's not just open to C# but to all programming languages.

My Github

2017-02-20 23:33:15

Ethin wrote:

I think this discussion should be cut and the topic changed to 'How to solve programming issues'. Keep the original posts, but change the topic, that way it's not just open to C# but to all programming languages.

good idea, i've replaced subject name as "programing issues" hope it turns to be a useful thread for everyone.

2017-02-21 19:44:40

Stupendous! (No, seriously.) Now we can turn this topic into a virtual cookbook! big_smile

My Github

2017-02-21 19:48:46

i m using a visual studio, it's a cool.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?