2017-02-19 19:32:21

Hello.
Please sorry my english.
I have a question.
I developed the games using the BGT. But I decided to use a programming language.
I want to develop a game on the similarity of GTA, the virtual world.
Please help to choose a programming language.
My options for C ++ or C #.
Cross-platform is not interested. The game will only work on Windows.
I am wondering whether the performance is important in sound games?
I read that for the development of graphical games using C ++. Because it allows you to develop high-performance applications. But graphic games, the performance needed for graphics. Whether performance audio games important?
I would like to use C ++, but it is difficult for me. I do not understand the work of memory, STL.
Help me please.
Thanks in advance!

2017-02-19 19:47:02 (edited by tabutcu 2017-02-19 19:48:31)

you want to develop a GTA, it's a impossible. because you are blind, and Gta is not accessible game, only we are playing sanandreas. it's, a, impossible.

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-19 19:49:11

but i like GTA

If that's helpfull, why don't you press Thumbs up?

2017-02-19 19:52:26

It's only impossible if you allow it to be impossible. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but I think it could be done.

2017-02-19 19:52:40

@jonikster, woe, woe, woe! Careful now! You are entering territory I have a feeling your unfamiliar with! You have an idea, but you don't know how to answer the last four questions of life; in this case:

• When will you have time to develop the game?

• Why do you want to develop the game?

• Where will you develop the game (i.e. GitHub, this forum, ...)?

• How will you develop the game?

Some other questions you may wish to ask yourself:

• Why shouldn't it be cross-platform? What advantage will you get on windows that no other platform provides?

• What tools and libraries will I use during the games development?

• What will be the cost to develop the game?

• Will I need professional voice acting, music, and sound effects? If so, what will be the cost?

• Do I have the resources to even begin developing the game?

• Do I have the resources to transform the game into an ongoing project?

• Do I have the money to pay for all of the costs to develop the game?

• How will I avoid copyright infringement?

• What other legal issues may I run into while developing this game?

If you can answer these major questions, then some of us may be able to help you. As it currently stands it seems like your jumping into this blindly. That is definitely one way to get your project to die off very fast. It will go great for a while and then you'll run into a glitch or other such issue that presents you with an impossible-to-continue situation, whereupon you won't be able to continue developing the game. Then you'll rewrite the game and run into the same issue. So I'd be very careful how you answer these questions. Talk to others about them, and don't answer them on your own, for you are sure to make mistakes!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-02-19 19:55:36

@tabutcu, nothing is impossible. If you say that something's impossible, then your only telling your mind that. Jonikster never said he wanted to develop an exact replica of GTA; only that he wanted to develop a game like it. And I am working on making mods more accessible to GTA players who have disabilities.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-02-19 21:33:16

tabutcu, I can develop scripts for GTA 4 and 5 using C#, but I whant develop new GTA for blind.

2017-02-19 21:43:36

I want to develop a new game, which will be similar to the GTA.
On the game, I want to develop singly. I have money For sound. For 3d sound, you can use the Bass or OpenAL, but I'm interested in the choice of programming language.
I want to choose between C ++ and C #.
C # allows more convenient and easier to develop applications for Windows, and C ++ allows you to create high-performance applications. But I do not know if the performance needed in a sound game.

2017-02-19 23:01:02

@jonikster, I would open yourself up to other programming languages, not just C# and C++. C++ I am quite sure you will have an extremely difficult time with, whereas with C# you will have less of a difficult time with it. Still, that still will be very difficult for you. I'd advise you to shelve this project for now and try something a lot simpler.

My Github

2017-02-19 23:10:45

Of course, I'll start with a simple. First, sound reproduction, after the creation of the player, his movement and so on. The game is similar to GTA ultimate goal.

2017-02-20 04:28:19

OP says he wants to develop a game similar to GTA, that's entirely possible, especially considering the first GTA games were an overhead game with 0 3D graphics.

It's not just languages that are important, understanding the general structure of how a game actually processes is fundemental to development. What I suggest you do is write down everything you want the game to function as, and group in similar ideas together and try to build generalized "abstract" versions of these similar ideas. Then, once you have

For example, lets say you want to make a game that simulates growing crops. How do you represent a crop? Well, a crop has a type (such as corn, tomatoes) but obviously there is no "plant type" object available for you, so you have to define it. A crop could have several properties, such as name, growth time, yield ect. Now that you have crops defined, you have to ask yourself, well, how will I simulate the growth of crops? And how will I simulate the growing of a farm? Ect.

It's important to understand that every application had different layers of abstraction - this means that on high levels you will be designing things like the game's main end goal, victory conditions, missions ect. and on low levels you'll be designing technical things like the code that actually makes things run.

Code is important, don't get me wrong, but understanding the architecture of what makes a game work is extremely valuable.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-02-20 05:07:02

C # for my task is suitable?

2017-02-20 06:30:03

Possibly. Never written a game in it so can't say.

My Github