2017-02-02 20:33:03

This is to announce the release of B G Twenty 20 Cricket version 1.0

BG Twenty 20 Cricket is a simple simulation of a game of Twenty 20 cricket made accessible especially for blind and vision impaired players.
It comes ready to play, just choose two teams and get playing.

Once you have played a few games you might want to create your own teams, or edit an existing team to change batting order, batting strength, bowling style
and strength. You can do all this with the built-in Team Builder.

It can be downloaded directly from the spoonbill software website.

======================================
For more freeware games, visit the Spoonbill Software website at:

www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au

2017-02-03 16:28:11

Awesome, been waiting for this type of game for ages now. Hope it is good, downloaded it and will check it out over the weekend. Brilliant stuff.

2017-02-04 20:55:13

I am liking the game so far. I do think it would be cool to be able to play a season from start to finish.

Audio game king

2017-02-05 21:44:30

This game feels very much like its a demo version of what could be a great game, for example having tournament modes such as the world cup and series natches.  The trouble with single match play with no goals or achievements is they get old fast which is a shame because sports sims need goals and achievements for longevity. Hopefully the developer of the game has more plans for 20 20 cricket because it has the makings of something special.

2017-02-06 07:15:12

Cricket seasons don't just have 2020 matches. In order to make it authentic, the other two types of matches would need to be implemented.

2017-02-06 16:57:35

Hi,

Orin, not necessarily
I couldn't say what constitutes a season a sports season anyway, since I am not much into sports besides cricket, of course even then I just dabble a little.
But something like this could work nicely. and honestly, the ODI's and the test matches are far too long for me anyway. big_smile

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-02-07 10:35:22

hi all in windows 10, how do i select the eloquence sapi 5 that i brought from cnde factory? i only, in game requiring sapi only, see the default microsoft voices. very annoying.

2017-02-07 13:30:18

I agree that this game can become something very nice and a season or tournament type of structure would also be nice.

I do however feel that you need to have greater control over shot selection, not just hitting A or C. Your numpad 1-9 can provide you with some different shots. Also bowling is not really fun, again if you could choose your type of delivery and maybe the length whether it be short, full, just short of a length etc would be nice.

Later on as the game grows it might be worth it to look into setting your own field.

Waited ages for a cricket game to come out and now I am glad to see that is a lot of things that can be implimented to make this an absolutely brilliant game.

Oh and online multiplayer option will be out of this world.

2017-02-07 14:38:20

as stated above its a good start, question how can I get the sappy voice that was in the audio demo? I hate the default anna one for windows7

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-02-08 14:21:31 (edited by Kautilya 2017-02-08 14:23:38)

Almost every type of audio games do exist here but no one have ever tried to built a cricket game like "BG Twenty 20 Cricket" before. Thanks and best wishes to the devs for further development.

2017-02-09 13:23:35 (edited by Lettsee 2017-02-09 13:24:13)

Really like the game but few suggestions.
- Would be nice to select what kind of ball you want to bowl, as well as line and length, rather than just having it random
- Would be great to have more control over shot selection, as well as knowing where the field is set so you can hit accordingly. Furthermore, it would be good if the bowling descriptions were more refined, for example, "just outside off stump, full." The option to leave a ball would also be cool, though almost pointless in T20 cricket.
- The option of only 5 bowlers is a bit odd, especially in T20 cricket you often have a fair few part-timers on.
If I think of a few more I will post, great job though!

2017-02-11 22:16:14

Hi all I am the consultant and 1 of the testers for BG T20 and want to say thanks for all the encouraging stuff
One suggestion is to play a series of matches, best of 3 or 5 like a real touring team would do.
Myself and the testers are very keen to help create a more interactive game but sadly Ian Humpreys of Spoonbill Games cannot code for an on line game which it would have to be.
Hey, who knows? we have got the cricket ball roling now so to speak!

Mark.

2017-02-13 04:11:47

game groze after throwing an error at me when I chose to launch it from the installer.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-02-15 14:47:27

Maybe the way the computer bats can be changed a bit, they are just slogging and don't really try and build their innings. I had Australia on 88/8 after 8 overs, the computer is trying to score too fast and then losing wickets very easily.

Shot selection and delivery selection would be great.

Looking forward to any updates, I've managed to beat all the teams, wasn't too difficult.

2017-02-15 22:10:41

I think this game has massive potential,   if a 20 20 world cup series was added and or a career season mode was introduced it would certainly give the game a more come back play feel.

I really hope the dev continues to work on it as so far its 1 of the best sports games out there.

2017-02-17 13:11:32

Would it be possible to add screen reader output support?  At the moment, playing the game isn't very enjoyable as I only have Microsoft Anna on my system and the game sounds are often louder than she is.

2017-02-19 05:16:15

I've downloaded the game today, and I like it very much.

2017-02-19 16:35:30

I have asked the dev of BGT20 for a possible world cup version but sadly, he is not interested.  However, myself and the testers are very keen to start a new improved cricket game.  I am studying a discontinued cricket board game that has inner and outer rings for the fielding positions.  This will bring in the power play and much more.
If anyone can suggest a developer that may want to take on an advanced game please do let us know.