2017-02-18 09:38:07

@nuno I'm opening my vm to get the code moved onto it as we speak, this'll take a lot longer than the windows version. And Currently the only activity you can do is debris salvaging at the moment. Some people have already asked about weapons, i'm looking at implementing galactic network terminals again for this perpice. I can't give you an idea of what I expect the full game to be like, that's never the case with any of my games as I offten don't know where the game will go. I've fixt a bug with chats giving people errors.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 11:00:30

before I'd add publically available weapons to the online mode, I'd first add a framework for either an a i police force to stop you from shooting people in soul station, or a player run police force.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 12:07:36

also, a small update has been made to the deathmatch guide, I've expanded the basics section. it now includes a short guide on how to use elevators since people were asking on the chat. also I have another feature request. Danny if you can please add a toggle for the object beeps, it gets really annoying after a while.

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 13:33:01

i can't move on it now, dam it

For me, the new coding age begins!

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 14:07:53 (edited by JaceK 2017-02-18 14:33:37)

Danny, none of us can move at all currrently 11:58am GMT), it only lets us take one step and then nothing happens, we're mentioning it in the chat right now. I've even made a new character and the same bug persists.

Darren, what can we do?

Walk one step then nothing, but at least all the other keys work now.

As for the weapons, why not have something (and I can't remember which series this is from) like a weapons inhibiting field in a 'noobie zone' of sorts, you can't use weapons around X vicinity of in/on Sol Station, or, all of Sol Station would be off limits to weapons, but once you're outside a certain range.....
I mean other games have gravity wells to stop you using jump drives and stuff in those games, and weapon inhibitors is a common trope in sci fi anyhow soooo....

EDIT: It was said by Jaon Blaze that you can't move if you make a new character, I can vouch for this happening on my third character I made to see if that was a thing.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 15:19:59

OK guys, its fixt, movement that is.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 15:29:35

Is it fixed for good now Danny? I'm just concerend it'll start lagging again

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 15:59:18

Also.....Danny, we're unable to dock since it seems all the docking bays on the Sol station are permanently full, can you check that  out please since nobody can earn credits atm

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 16:56:11

what's going on now, can't connect to the server

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 17:03:21

I can't connect to server, what's going on?

2017-02-18 17:14:12

i cannot connect to  server

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 17:26:51

Cant' connect to server

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-02-18 17:33:53

now  moveing lag started  again

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 18:03:41

Either I forgot where I put the ship, or it's not there on the V list.

Manged to dock at the station, went to help a few new guys, came back, ship's not showing up on the V list and all the previously docked ships are back but I know I docked my ship in the station.

So....Danny, can you please let me know if my ship has indeed vanished or if it's just docked in a weird spot?

It's The Velourium Camper

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 18:09:17

it was probably stolen. There's no way to lock ships or prevent others from boarding them.

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 18:21:06 (edited by JaceK 2017-02-18 18:38:59)

Ignore my last post. I remebered there were two docking levels after I posted.

On a more serious note....can the tractor beam system be balanced a little. Maybe it's not explained very well but I keep moving it to what sounds in my headphones like the middle and I get impact detected.

Also for some reason the game is now locking up completely forcing me to reset it on my desktop for some unknown reason.

EDIT: If you're dumb enough to come onto my ship when I'm not inviting you on it....you're coming along for the ride guys. Remember that one
EDIT 2: Server or my connection seems to be up and down, keep getting booted for no reason here.

Also. @Danny: Lockable ships pl0x

Also on Linux natively

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 19:14:59

Cool game!

Email: [email protected]
Discord: StormProductions
Telegram: https://stormproductions.t.me/

2017-02-18 20:39:22

Hi.
Only problem I am having now is that it seams that all the docs are full, maybe you should increase the docking places or make the doc hold unlimited ships for the time beeing.
Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 21:29:30

actually  its  unstable  do to beta limits  it  gos  perfectly but  that gos  so fast   cannot controlled by aros

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 21:44:19

It's lagging like crazy again as of right now 7:43pm GMT.

Messages seem to be the only thing working anywhere near to normal. And as said, nobody can dock so I'd like to see more stations on the map or more docks on the station.

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 21:50:56

this is great! gonna download it now, f you need a tester lem no! great to see things moving along! and I'm actually glad half the page isn't full of people asking to be testers.

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 21:59:50

it's so, dam, laggy

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 22:16:36

Yes, it's laggy as hell honestly....

Post 45 was Draco, not Carlitos by the way

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 22:38:57

players  x y  z  numbers  tiles  getting  automatic move  dont know y  plese have a look on  some times  it gos  _ and some times  it  canot go to minus  for ship yard  plese  danny have a look  on   game? also cannot dock  for cargo  it worck some times  but  some times not ...   it fine  cause  this is a beta

Thumbs up

2017-02-18 23:05:07

Draco here....regarldess of what name it puts my post under (Mind looking at that again forum admins?)

I like the game and now I've seemingly manged to somehow suddenly click with tractor beam usage I'm slowly liking it but I can totally get how a new player can get frustrated or worse, even manage to blow up their ship through not realizing their cargo hold is full. IMO an automatic protection would go a long way towards noob-proofing the game down the line, something like 'You can't lock onto debris as your cargo hold is full'

Been thinking about the weapons and this occurred to me.

IMHO, only let people attach each other if they sign up for PVP in some form, be it bounty hunters, guilds, clans, flags, whatever. That way the starting station isn't a bloodbath and those of us who don't want to be harrased by people shooting constatnly (since we know it'll all happen) can play how we like.

Or, even, later on down the line have AI controlled stuff for weapons to be used on.. Just thinking aloud here....but I can again totally see a new player getting frustrated by being ganged up on by older players. I mean earlier on in the chat there were people asking the most basic of questions that the help didn't really covver such as how to work the ship or how to collect cargo. Yes, the guide's useful but again that's not in the help documentation as it is right now.

Draco.

Thumbs up