2017-02-17 02:47:18

so i have been itching to do some programming but sort of discouraged when i found out that python idle is not accessible. I how ever have heard that python is a good beginner programming language. So my question is, for using python, is the idle required, if not, what can i use to program in python? thanks, any help is well appreciated!

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2017-02-17 03:14:08

That program is simply the default editor that comes with a lot of Python distributions, but it is by no means required. If you are just starting out, you could write simple programs in something like notepad and save them with a .py extension instead of .txt . Then, you can run the programs from the commandline. Most tutorials on Python should explain very clearly how to do this.

Good luck smile

2017-02-17 03:53:42

As Zersiax mentioned you can use the command line to run scripts, assuming your paths are setup properly you just write:

python yourscript.py

Another possible alternative would be Pythonwin, which seems to be more screen reader friendly and is appart of [pywin32], or alternatively pypiwin32 which you can install through pip.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-02-17 20:45:13

what about notepad plus plus? i guess it could be used for bigger projects too?

2017-02-17 20:55:52 (edited by daigonite 2017-02-17 20:56:00)

Writing python itself can be done in any text editor; look into command based compilers/interpreters for actually executing your code.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights