2017-02-17 00:03:51 (edited by Dakonna 2017-02-17 00:16:36)

***Notice***. Just for the sake of conclusion, I will not hold back with names. I know who did it, their name is going into this thing.
To be honest, I don't even know what this is supposed to be myself. Rant? review? terribly convoluted ravings that shouldn't go on this forum at all? Anyway, here goes:
There used to be these fine, boring, rutine nights. Where I would sit at home, and just check twitter once in a while. I remember this time, when I was just getting done with most of the games that had been newly released at the current time, and it probably was either a friday or a satturday. Either one of these days, another one of these nights, just checking twitter. Pg13 plays wasn't streaming anything that night it seamed, but then I saw this tweet from Sam Tupy, this person who created that survival game not too long ago which was a decent game, but I hadn't been fully into it at that time. So it says that there's this db folder for beta testing his games, that he's developping something, and he's sending out invites. Naturally, cause I like to help games in their final development stages with bug smashing and the like, I send in my email, and get to try a ruf outline of this new game. It was called redspot. Blood and paril, and was apparently going to be a full on fps. Since there were a few other people on at the moment, I had a good time trying out the beta and giving some feedback. Then new versions got released, and different items were added. At 0.22, we already ahad some real nice things added like the machinegun, timebombs, pipe bombs, grenades, claymores and the like, then development just... stopped for a while. So I completely forgot about the game for a bit, but occasionally logged on anyway to see if other beta members might be playing. Sometimes there were, and sometimes they weren't. And I was thinking, You know, this thing is good for being in an early beta stage, and I can see a lot of potencial with this. I think this can truely turn into a great fps. So after a while, development continues with all sorts of stuff being added like jets, shields, and whatnot to make the gameplay more interesting and strategic. Little problem here, the rocket launcher was added before the ammo system was, so you can expect what was going on back then. So a few versions later, and sam releases this thing. Huge amount of players get on, and they seam to enjoy it aside from the distant shot noises all playing at once making it way too loud. So that's fixed, and sam throws out some more versions where the game keeps getting better with things like the towers to fortify, robots, new types of bombs... you name it. And I'm thinking, cool, a nice game to hang out and unwind on. And back then, it truely was. Everything was perfectly balanced from my standpoint. Everyone lost their stuff when they died, everyone started on equal terms, unless you had a team of course, then it was a lot easier. But even then, things were still balanced because even if the team wasn't eventually killed off, they all had to log off some time, which would reset them. It was the perfect game to just pick up and play for a few minutes after work or school to release stress. oh but wait! Of course, it can't stay like that forever. While people have just been randomly murdering each other, tupy's been working on two new stw updates, then he turns his attension back to redspot, trying to get it payed, but kinda failing at it. So he goes and makes this update, and look! now it contains this feature called bases! Back when they were first introduced, bases didn't do anything really. You could go inside, turn the power off and on, and add wood and gas to it. Bomb defusers, food, those things get added. He goes off to do other things for a while, and I'm like... This is real interesting. Wonder what he's gonna do with this? But then, a few weeks later, I'm just randomly chatting away in the beta skype group. And There was this malik person, who just pissed me off. Just a little tiny bit. So I said fuck to him a few times. This resulted in a kick from the group and no more inclusion by them in any beta related activities. This included team wars, balance tests, introduction of new features, and just about everything else. For saying fuck to malik a few times. You guys getting this? Because at this point, I'd be pretty confused. So I, of course, try, and yes, really try! to talk it over with both tupy, and his testers. And I get mixed reactions. Tupy doesn't seam to have a problem, because it really didn't have anything to do with him as a whole. Oh but there's all the others. StonerFour2O, Kerry, God, Probably a few other people I'm forgetting. And these, btw, are people who weren't even involved in the whole thing, and just saw it happen. I meet them a cupple of times on the beta and main servers, and both times, I'm hated on by them. now, if this only happened on the main server, I would understand. Shiznet like that always went down there, and it was widely accepted that usually someone would insult you, your religion, or your family, and you'd either kill them till they shut up, insulted them back, or just ignored it. However, on the beta server, this usually didn't happen. And get this guys, this was for uttering swear words a few times. So meanwhile, what does sam do with the update? Well first, he adds an item storage area so people who have a base now can go about the game not having to worry about starting from square 1, because they can just store everything they need! and even better, they can now buy all their shiznet on the black market so they have a huge amount of healing items, shields, and weapon ammo waiting for them when they log in and their base is still there! So this tupy person goes and adds a whole bunch of new features, including the ones we just talked about, and releases the thing to the public. Oh, but guess what? $100 prize coming up! Ok, I'll just spoil it for the people who haven't played it yet. Just so you know, this is what I believe went down, I don't know the following for sure but its the closest theory I have from what I've been told. He's the first one online when the update comes around. Good for him! He goes on teamtalk, and of course, all the beta members, cept me of course cause that thingy I mentioned above was still happening, are online with him in a heartbeat. And they all go Hey! lez like... build dis base mahn! So the redspot tactical unit, which is what they call themselves, go build the formentioned base in a new part of the map, lets just call it the mountain. Anyway, so people start getting the update and logging on. They now face a team of... about 6 people, not quite sure myself. Those people have been playing on the update since the start, so they of course know how all of the new items, and the team bases, work. So while some of them are bizzy trashing the new arrivals with sound grenades and bomb defusers and whatever else, the others continuusly grab for bitcoins, wood and gas, then use the money they got to buy more grabbers, wood, gas and machinegun ammo! and naturally this goes up exponentially, because the more money they are able to get from one grabbing session, the more new grabbers they can buy. Thus, they get huge amounts of barricade bombs, defusers, health items, and whatever they need just from grabbing at this point I guess. Barricade bombs get placed in an ever expanding parimitar around their base, while some others keep the newbies back from interfeering. Parimitar in place, they can now all devote themselves to the task of expantion! cool. So now they have so much money that they can pretty much buy whatever on demand. 5000 wood is bought, and the base is reinforced, and reinforced, and reinforced... few hours later, its got a million health and no one can even get close to it. Because, and this is another little tidbit thrown in just for good measure, they always got at least one person on the server to ensure no one tampers with their bombs or bases. And I actually know this, because I've really been logged on and checking just about every diferent part of the day. Its morning for me? Tupy, stoner and all the other americans are getting offline, some are still here though. Through the day, I see people like sito and hamata online, with god sometimes making an appearance. And towards the night, shiznet gets crazy with a lot more r t u members logged on at one time, making it impossible to do just about anything. People begin to find out about this ultra powerful base, and you can actually take a look at it without being shot if you go to 750 750 50 on the map. But, people learn pretty quickly not to say anything that may put them on r t u's hitlist, because then they'll never be able to propperly play the game again. So by now i've also found out about, and downloaded, the new update. Guide's all updated, over the next few days made a few more modifications to it to suit the last few code changes tupy's made, and I play the game in its updated form. You see, I've never listened to commun sense. I'm just stupid that way. So when I see this monstrocity of a base that r t u has created, its natural that I might just get a little ticked off that such imbalances are allowed to happen. And guess what? R t u's expantionism hasn't stopped there! here are just some of the things I've wittnissed.
1: Almost instant kcullings of new teams. When a team, or solo player first creates a base, it is almost certain that r t u will come after you as soon as they find out its location. This is pretty easy to do, simply track the person and go to where they hang around most often. The player is ganged up on and killed and their base destroyed. Depending on how the base's defenses are set up, this may be over quickly, or it can take a little longer. R t u don't hezetate to throw themselves at barricade bombed bases in hopes of breaking the parimitar and being able to attack it or loot it from close range. Because most of the r tu members know each other outside of the game, when a base is being taken down there's usually more than two people involved in its destruction.
2: Control and purging of the mountain. A very recent development of the r t u is to claymore the entrance to the mountain, making it unable for anyone to enter without being killed, or losing a huge amount of health unless they are invisible. Even then, in a lot of cases I've seen an r t u guard hanging about waiting to tell others. Mountain entrance claymored. But that's not all! Because of this, they are pretty much the only ones who can safely come and go there. Now item grabbers transport a great many items to your location. The one thing they don't transport however is other item grabbers. Since most of the playerbase is always concentrated at the coord range north 0 to 500 and east 0 to 750, grabbers will become scarcer and scarcer as more are found and used up. Because of how the items work, more and more grabbers are going to start poppulating the mountain area, and the non r t u members will soon have to search for ages just to find one. The only way this balance is usually tipped back into the middle a bit is if someone somehow makes it through the blockade and manages to take and use enough item grabbers to replenish their numbers to the south a bit. Or r t u takes and uses them, which might give the south some more. However, do to r t u's large money reserves, they don't even need to go out looking for grabbers because they can just buy them and receive them right at their base within 15 minutes. This brings me to my next point.
3: Trade and extortion. While trading is not a bad thing at all in most cases, here's why its a bad thing in r t u's case. They have access to just about infinit resources. I have no inside info, but they probably have a lot of bitcoins converted into $, with which they are able to buy all sorts of random items that players may need. Those items are then souled at higher prices to the other players, which is profit for them, but since most players do not have a team, let alone a base, and most if not all bases are destroyed within a short time of their creation anyway, its overall a loss for the other players. I also mentioned extortion. Recently, r t u have started the trend of letting people into their "Terratory" as they call it, for generous amounts of bitcoin bribes and payoffs. The problem here is that once inside, you're just about dependant on r t u to keep their word. Because if they start to hunt you down in their, you can't really do much of anything because they run around with 15000 health, 300 shielded shots, and full gas masks just about all of the time, and getting out is impossible because of the claymores. There you have it. A situation which is impossible to escape without being killed. here's what it looks like now. Because of the new features, one team now holds a majority of the power within the game, and no other teams are able to get organized. I've literally seen teams be formed, bases be built, only to be torn down by the members of r t u minutes later. And lets just disregard the fact that even getting a base started is extremely hard with r t u in power, because most of the time they tend to kill members of other teams perfectly timed to make them lose their wood. To be fair, I don't actually know if this is in fact deliberate and an effort to stop those teams from getting established, or just random coincidences with the tracking menu. The conclusion of this whatever is that I, personally and myself, do not see myself returning to this game any time soon, or at least until the balance issues are resolved. I am fully aware that I have said this multiple times now, and I have given the game multiple second chances, but its time for me to move on. To what, I don't know, but it'll certainly be a more balanced game than this. Perhaps, I'll start playing core exiles again, and actually advance my character a bit more, because I really want a better ship :d. Or maybe just focus on finally beating manamon too, because of several save file and registering complications I couldn't yet do this. At least, I'm not leaving this game with only bad memmories, since there were a lot of days before the new update which just involved unwinding and doing a bit of vertual killing and yelling back and fourth after another stressfull day at school. Lets just say, redspot is not forgotten, its just way on the back burner and this is probably where its going to stay for a while.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-02-17 01:12:33

Wow. kind of glad I stopped playing a while ago. Sounds like it's just more of a stresser than a fun game now.

2017-02-17 02:27:40

this... This would explain many things. So I started messing with this game a few days ago, just whenever I get a bit of time to myself. My experience so far? You'll spawn, maybe get the time to pick up a couple of things, then someone invisible shows up, and murders you. You never hear them coming, and they don't show up when you check nearby. It was always the same people. It's sad to find out that it's just people that have amassed large piles of items  and who are probably macroIng the crap out of everything. There is a quite simple solution to this though, Timed matches! Instead of one map that just runs 24/7 365 days a year, The day could be split into a series of deathmatches that run for a pre-determined amount of time. At the end of the match, your kills are added up and everyone get's positioned on a leaderboard. After that, the map changes or resets, every player is reset and everyone starts with the same base amount of health and items. This solves people amassing all teh itemz and dominating the game for ever and ever.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-17 02:32:33

Easy fix, limit base health to like 100k!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-02-17 03:13:35

Hi. So conner, first, did you know the RTU home base was destroyed once with over a million health? It actually was. It's really not that hard to make a base we can't find. Hell, call it the RTU destruction base and no one could know how it was made. Just last night, someone stole a bunch of gas from us. Also, the grabber unbalance is not how you think either. The code for item spawning is completely random. Actually when the RTU purchases and uses grabbers, the more show up all over the map, because it's completely random. If you wanna stop letting high number intimidate you, then come and take us down. Make a base we are not likely to find, collect for a long while, then come at us with 200K health and fuck us up. Instead you think Oh god, a base with 2 million health, fuck this, there is no way. Someone before realized that just because someone had a base with 1 million health, that they could do something about that. And so they did. We have to struggle fending off attacks all the damn time. So if you want, get your shit together and give us a serious challenge. When new bases are created, sometimes part of the team just goes and destroys them, but I keep trying to tell some of them to let the base get stronger so that we have a challenge. The only reason it's impossible for you is because you think it so. Talk to kipper, he's not on the team, but he'll tell you that he did indeed destroy our base one time and we had to recollect. I really don't have much to say on the matter. The RTU can and will be destroyed some day. If no one wants to try, it will continue to grow and grow.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2017-02-17 03:28:26

It will continue to grow and grow.
Thumbs up Sam. You actually, all can create a base like RTU, and health does not always matter as long as you are good at killing. I, however, am proud to be a member of the R T U, and this nonsense has to stop because a nonsense never made a sense. You Conor, I think you were a beta member, and you were the one who wrote the Redspot's handbook, and now myself I'm working on a new one. So I see talking shit about Redspot just because  you are out of the beta membership is just hypocrisy. Leave it as a personal opinion but you hadn't why to post it here. Enjoy the game, and if you don't like it Escape is mostly near your left hand.

2017-02-17 04:13:52

bring back road to rage, where balanced combat was actually a thing! XDDDD assuming you didn't just idle on a server picking crap up forever, anyways

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-02-17 10:17:28

well the only thing I don't really like with RTU's members that they are so fucking!, arogan! , big_smile
I know some of those guys  from stw but, they sounds like a nice persons there... maybe the brutality of fps game change them slitely hahah. well just kidding. I still trying to set a strategy for beating rtu's base, but since I just mostly  solo type , so seams there's no way. and seeing base with millions health really put me down, maybe there's should be a limit heh. so more strategy neded to defence your lovely base.

2017-02-17 11:48:01 (edited by Amine 2017-02-17 11:51:58)

So what's the point of this topic?
As Sam said someone already managed to destroy the RTU base more than once, it had more than a million health but hey, I myself know strategies to blow up this base, but I am not telling any cause I am a member of the RTU team and I am proud of that. Second, the RTR team was the biggest one on RS when it was only me and Sam trying to take down a base of theirs wich was successful. Ask their leader if you wish, and as I remember we have a recording of that when it happened. see, it is not quantity but quality.
I am not against you or anyone, in fact, I just don't  care.
Third, At jason blaze, I myself am not arrogant and trying to never be, but redspot is an FPS. Trolling, insults, that kind of stuff is allowed so before you play it, you have to expect such things.
Sorry for editing, but I wanna ad, if you people think the goal of attacking a base is only to destroy it, congratulations for beeing wrong. You'll know what I mean once you decide to think more.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-02-17 13:03:45

I've actually not gotten around to trying this game out as of yet, and with these types of topics seemingly continually coming up, I'm not sure whether I'll have a good experience or not.  All the features make it sound really fun, but above all, the playerbase in this sort of game makes it or breaks it.  I guess I could try, assuming I don't get murdered as soon as I spawn while trying to figure stuff out.

2017-02-17 15:07:05

Guys,
I think I might have an idea of how this challenge could work.
Think of the bass a bit like the invasion battles in some mainstream games (mkx living tower comes to mind here actually). In that game, there'd be a boss monster summoned, on a very high difficulty level. The idea isn't to destroy it in one hit. It's to wittle down, very slowly, it's health. So everyone contributes to damaging it. The difference here, is you'll ahve to be careful as they'll be most likely trying to replenish the health.

2017-02-17 16:56:47 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-02-17 17:00:45)

@aaron
your comparison to MKX isn't exactly the same though, the invasion battle is not meant to be won... you're just trying to do as much damage as possible in 30 seconds while not getting comboed to hell
I don't think I've ever even heard of anyone actually beating it to be honest, but I might've just missed that, who knows
also I don't think the issue here is widdling it down... if they're smart they'd have backup resources in the item storage for that very purpose, which is I think what this thread is on about... is the fact that for the majority of the playerbase, this is pretty unfair... I'll eat my own words if said majority of said playerbase can actually get rid of the thing and stop it from happening to get back to good old FPS style balanced gameplay
granted, I haven't even played this game, so I don't know how this is gonna pan out, I'm just commenting because I have nothing better to do at 7 in the morning

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-02-17 18:09:53

Quality and not quantity, a? For this thing, it won't matter. Someone managed to destroy a base with 1 mil health? I highly doubt that, RTU just sat back at some point, so someone took an advantage of that and there you go. Sam said to get 200k health and go get them? You really can't. Getting 200k will take over 3, 4h, and while you can survive that long, the possibility that you will is small. RTU will continue to grow, I mean sure, it will. But Sam, Connor, cocoa, we all know how this will end, don't we? All RTU does is sending a message saying: don't fuck with us. And that, is there greatest mistake. At some point they would be left alone, and they will build there base up to insane amounts of health, but it will get boring at some point. Now, it will be boring to just sit there, would it. So what will  happened is RTU going after anyone they see. sam, How would you like for a stupidly strong player to own you each time you come online? How bout you, cocoa? I didn't think you would. And that's what's will happen at some point if RTU keeps this up. You will lose players 1 by 1 if you keep this up. And let me tell you, getting players back is not easy. So, all you're doing is hurting yourself. I will await you're reply. Please reply only if you have to say something constructive.

2017-02-17 20:15:46

ok, let me give my thoughts over here, just because someone has much of somethign doesn't mean that he's cheating, grow up guys. our base got destroyed, i was there like 15 minutes after it got destroyed and sam were on at that time. kipper the dog with the slipper managed to do it with a clever trick so it's possible, what i'm seeing here is just people blaming us cause we put time on working on our base and when noone can destroy it by the starting items everyone gets pissed. so, cause we're having much items doesn't mean we are cheating, we worked hard to get us where we are now and i'm proud of beeing a part of a team where everyone doesn't blame each other and where we all get along just fine.

2017-02-17 20:37:13

So I need to know how can I get passed the wallat 500 500 0. I used to be able to do it by going east upto 550 500 0 then going north, but ehh, that way seems to be blocked, can't do anything now.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2017-02-17 20:56:06

its 645 500 0. have fun getting through the claymores.

2017-02-17 20:58:37 (edited by Exodus 2017-02-17 21:00:19)

I can't help thinking that this entire thing could be fixed with deathmatches like I y'know, suggested back in post 3? Literally every first person shooter has, or is doing this spacifically to stop the I've amassed massive numbers of everything and have become the untouchable and bored endgame douchbag syndrome from setting in.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-17 21:27:36

hey, i think connor forgot to mention the other way, probably cause he wanna throw shit at us, but you can also go through 50 500. both ways works.

2017-02-17 21:32:24

Rofl, you people are too sensitive. What if I get killed? In my fucking eyes I saw Sam getting killed, and he even was a member. I saw Amine being killed, Hamada, me being killed overly, but we take a revenge after all. Why would I really take offense for being killed? It's a game and not a real life. Oh I think you misunderstood what is Redspot.
Destroying a base is just as easy as getting a team and collaborate together to take it down, but you people just didn't find strategies to destroy a base, that's all.

2017-02-17 21:42:44

its not that we didn't have stratagies. The things we didn't have which you did, was good players, all of which you coersed and recruited to your side before they could do any more damage to ensure the rest of the playerbase wouldn't find good leaders, and the infinit resources you have. Base kinda low on health? You send someone out with 200k health and have them use 5000 wood on it. Cupple of baricade bombs exploded? Go get four from storage and place them. They got through the claymore barricades? kk, just place like 9114206942211 new ones and we should be fine.

2017-02-17 21:47:20

since people like connor never will listen i say we should just ignore it, sam maid it pretty clear in his post why we were that strong etc.

2017-02-17 21:51:02

It is no one's mistake if our teammates are better than yours at killing. Over time things can be learned. If you tried to give a try. Secondly: I see all of this is just complaining and crying cause you can't get something to be destroyed. Childish really. If Connor himself, and other guys who commented, had at leest 4000 woods as he mentioned I think, wouldn't he put all of them on his base and get a million health? Wouldn't he? Wouldn't you guys? Or you only want your bases to get destroyed. Wouldn't you also buy item grabbers or stuff and put into the storage? We are not supposed to receive orders from you,  it's up to people to play the way they want. Sam added it so why not to practice it. It's the game after all.

2017-02-17 21:52:17

Come also blame me for having bunch of stuff on STW, as well as other guys, it's Sam game as well. If you would complain there, just cause I have like 14000 strings, loool you'd actually be a favourite joke of all.

2017-02-17 22:15:36

the thing about stw is that if you own a lot of items, you truely don't completely dominate the entire game, because that's not what stw is about. Even though redspot now has item storage features, the two games are still wildly uncomparable.

2017-02-17 22:28:22 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-02-17 22:29:48)

It is interesting how the only ones against connor142's post are people who claim to be members of this RTU team.

Why aren't any of these people who supposedly destroyed your base stepping up to claim that the original poster is wrong? If I'm misunderstanding and only one player has managed to destroy the base, where is his testimony?

Right now it's the RTU team against the rest of the community it seems. And the only defense RTU can make is, "Well someone managed to destroy our base once, somehow, so therefore the game isn't broken." How do we know this wasn't a bug or an alt of one of the RTU members testing base security? If the strategies exist to destroy the base, someone should publish them. Obviously they're hard to discover and utilise so it's not like the base will be going down every single day, so what is there to fear?

I think this is a case of "power feels good." It feels great to be at the top and to be a member of an elite team and noone in that upper echelon wants to be challenged or told that their dictatorial power is unfair.

As for me, between the speedhack detection problems and the mass amount of drama surrounding this project, I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.