2017-02-15 16:15:10

Weather Gods on the Apple App Store
By Meyume Ltd

Meet the Gods: Fire, Ice, Water, Air & the Moon Goddess, delivering

you the Weather as you have never experienced it before. Weather Gods

redefines the weather app with
painstakingly crafted data visualizations, procedural graphics and

audio that enable you to literally see, hear and feel the weather.

With no weather icons to decode, the Weather Gods is simply the

quickest, most engaging, most enjoyable way to get the accurate

weather information you need.

The Weather Gods skillfully integrates premium weather data into an

elegant, iOS Exclusive, easy-to-use interface that will delight casual

users and weather enthusiasts alike.

With a wealth of rich weather data from the world’s most respected

providers, the Weather Gods provide detailed site-based forecasts for

over a million locations worldwide. Our advanced, next-generation

notifications are easy to setup and bring you exactly the information

you want right when you need it.

With 24 hour charts, observed weather, built in moon phase, widget,

world clock and much, much more, the Weather Gods is a powerful

personal time machine that lets you travel the world and visit the

future. Please come join us on this exciting journey as we begin our

mission to bring you the finest, most practical, most enjoyable

weather app experience ever.
We can’t wait to hear what you think!

Features:

Day & Night summary for 7 Days with animated real-time weather

backgrounds.
7 Day HOURLY Forecast via the amazing Weather Wheel.
Advanced user-friendly weather notifications.
Weather based sounds of wind, rain, snow, UV and for sunny days, bird

songs.
Detailed 24 hour charts & hourly charting.
Moon phase, rise and fall.
Observational (past) data.
Off-line mode for explorers & professionals.
World clock & international support.
Powerful blind accessibility support.
Dashboard Widget.
3D Touch Menu.
Taptic Engine support.
Combining the best global weather data sources available.
Over 1 million weather-accurate locations.
Complimentary 32 x sticker pack.

Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically

decrease battery life.

This app is designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Offers iMessage App for iOS
list of 8 items
$2.99
Updated: Feb 14, 2017
Version: 1.0.8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/weather … 12978?mt=8

2017-02-15 17:50:34

Lol Phil, that actually sounds pretty cool in a random way.
one question, does it work with Siri? so if I were to ask siri for the forcast, would I get something from weather gods, or would it still use the bog standard Ios weather service.

I might actually give this one a try.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-15 22:23:56

I have this app, and there are a couple of things you should know before buying.

The first is just a minor annoyance that can be easily fixed. Once you install the app, it will turn location tracking on, and it stays on even if the app is closed. If you don't want this, you'll need to tell it only to use your location while the app is running, not always.

The second consideration may or may not be a dealbreaker for you. it almost was for me, but I stuck it out and haven't regretted my purchase. If you set up notifications, for example if you'd like a daily forecast to appear as a notification, or you want alerts for high winds or heavy snow, for instance, the app needs to be open in order for these notifications to appear. To be fair, at least the app warns you of this once you've set and saved your notifications the way you want them, but if you're anything like me and like to keep as few apps open in the app switcher as possible, it might seem a little odd to you at first. I almost returned the app, but I decided to wait and see how well the notification system works. Because it's such a smooth experience, I decided to keep it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2017-02-16 01:14:00

Dark,
You can't ask Siri what is the weather? and have Weather Gods tell you.
You can tell Siri to open weather gods and the app will play you the current weather sound.
I just tried it and it played a moderate wind sound.
To get more of the weather details you would have to flick down on the screen.

2017-02-16 13:24:03

@turtlepower, that is good to know, though I'm a little surprised that notifications work that way.
I do usually do as you do in terms of having as few things open as possible, though I could live with leaving weather gods open.
If I get time along side sorting out my new machine probably will give this one a go.

Is the actual gods related bit expressed in text? eg, do you get told "the rain god is angry today" or something like that, or are they only on screen icons.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-16 13:49:05

Dark,
Some features:
There is a master volume slider in settings to control the volume of the weather sounds.

voiceover will announce if the god is awake or asleep. If asleep.  you will hear the sound of the god or goddess snoring. The moon goddess is sleeping when the moon is down. The fire god takes a well earned
rest at night time.

The amount of cloud cover for 'now' or the day / night is available on the main screen with the fire god. Either with the current temperature or
the day / night temperature.

If the day is foggy, then instead of cloud cover, we announce 'Foggy'. On the 'now' view, we also provide the amount of visibility with the 'Foggy'
announcement.

Fog and visibility data has been added to the fire god hourly data, replacing the cloud cover information when it's foggy.

Voiceover will announce some help information for users searching for locations for the first time.

Under the fire god is an indication of sunrise or sunset. Voiceover will announce which and also say how many minutes until the event.

If the temperature is not changing in the next couple of hours then Voiceover will announce 'Level'.

Added wind chill to the freeze notification.

Added gusts to the wind speed notification.

Added UV index and safety information to UV notification.

Added visibility to the Fog notification.