2017-02-11 02:34:33

hi.
today, just because of bordem i decided to go and play some all in play. but instead of homepage a website deffault page appeared. can someone please tell me what's up with that? because that game center was so awesome.

2017-02-11 03:15:01

I've not heard anything from Allinplay for quite some time, and yes indeed, all their sites and links are down.
I wonder if they've gone the way of the dinosaur.

That would be sad, but at least now we have blind adrenaline and rs games instead.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-11 05:07:21

Hey, I've been thinking about this in the last days. Some devs we heard  something from them a few years ago, then suddenly and almost without you noticing, bang! they disappear. My first thaughts on all this started with 3D velosity, although now we know that Munawar decided to releace it as open source. Then, I just remember about rail razer, though now Dark mentioned blind adrenaline. So I'm assuming they are still selling stuff

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2017-02-11 05:12:34

well, before now last time when i checked it was in october and it was fine. now everything is down. and i don't have any contact of them.

2017-02-11 13:35:58

I don't think there is anything synister going on, it's just different developers having different priorities and circumstances.
About Railracer I'm not sure, but the Blind adrenaline cardroom is certainly still up and running.

If you go to http://www.blindadrenaline.com/cardroom/default.aspx and check out the site, you'll notice some messages from newly registered players just posted this week, even if Che martin hasn't posted any new news for some time, then again, when something is up and running and working fine do you need that much news? Look at Rs games.

With allinplay specifically, to be honest I suspect it's simply that they fulfil a function which isn't really needed anymore, and failed to update with the times.

When we've got so many online gaming opportunities, including free ones, and ones that don't cost much, and ones that can be played on mobiles, why would anyone pay the sort of prices allinplay charged per month? Blind adrenaline's yearly subscription was at least reasonablle.

It's always sad when a developer goes down the tubes, but in the case of allinplay, I don't really think we've lost too much that isn't available elsewhere.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-11 14:03:49

Dark,
I just checked out All In Play in the internet archive,
http://allinplay.com/games.html
the last look at the site saved in the
archive was from December 2, 2016
http://web.archive.org/web/201603140155 … om/games.h

tml

Click to return to the All inPlay Home Page.

All inPlay Games and Community

We have four of the most exciting games on the Internet, and one of

the friendliest online communities anywhere! Our multi-player games

are all fully accessible
and were designed to work with your screen reader or screen magnifier

safely and easily. Play for 5 minutes during your lunch break or play

for hours in
one of our tournaments. Try all of our games for free with no

obligations.
Start your free trial now.

Our Games

The Anagram Game: Tag! It's All inPlay's take on this classic brain

bender. Find as many words as possible from a given root phrase, but

beware, you don't
have much time, and players all over the world are banging on their

keyboards trying to leave you in the anagramical dust! Dynamic

scoreboards let you
see how well you stack up against the competition. Three difficulty

levels make this game fun for the whole family, and you'll learn a few

new words in
the process. Up to eight players at a table.

Loco Locution: Is a word game loosely based on a game show called

Lingo. You're given a mystery word to solve. All you know is the first

letter. You'll
have only your wordly knowledge and Loco sounds to guide you.

Texas Hold'em: Bet, bluff, go all in, play like a pro. Take part in

the worldwide phenomenon that is Texas Hold'em. Real opponents,

virtual tables, fake
chips, full of excitement, thrills and fun. From the comfort of your

home experience the good times with the world's first ever fully

accessible online
Texas Hold'em. Up to eight players at a table.

Crazy Eights: Crazy Eights, the most played card game in the world!

It's the perfect game for the whole family. Some might know it as UNO

®, Crates, Switch,
or Swedish Rummy, but you'll come to know it as crazy fun. It's easy

to use, simple to play and quick to learn. Up to eight players at a

table.

Draw Poker: 5 Card Draw. Nothing wild. The classic game of poker.

Played worldwide. The luck of the draw. The skills of the player. The

aggressive wager.
The well-timed bluff. Poker at its best. And now accessible to all.

It's the easiest poker game to learn. And all the chips are fake so

you can bet the
farm and still have a home when it's all over. *smile* Up to five

players at a table.

Chat With Your Friends While You Play
block quote
All of our games have live text chat, so you can tease your friends

when you win. *smile*.
block quote end

Friendly and Competitive Tournaments
block quote
Our tournaments are full of fun and the thrill of competition. Go head

to head with the best for the title, beat your personal best score, or

play just
for the fun of it. You'll win fame and great prizes. Members have won

DVD players, gift certificates, free memberships, trophies and lots

more.
block quote end

Friendly Online Community
block quote
The All inPlay community is full of blind, low vision and fully

sighted individuals of all ages. Community members have found new

friends, reconnected with
old friends, and have even found true love! We also have some mailing

lists you can join.
block quote end

Start your Free Trial Now.

block quote
Welcome.
:
All inPlay Accessible Games.
:
How It Works.
:
Gift Store.
:
News & Press.
:
FREE Trial.
block quote end

Contact Us.

2017-02-12 14:15:45

That is rather odd phil, since going to any other links to the site, and indeed the  ttp://allinplay.com/games.html
link you posted give messages saying the site is most definitely not available.

2017-02-12 15:28:14

Dark,
The way back machine at archive.org will always save the last snapshot of a web site even if it is now down.
The last time the page was updated was 2 December 2016 but it was not updated and was probably down by January 2017.
They did not post any reason for the site to be down.

2017-02-12 18:23:33

Unless I'm mistaken, the woman who ran All In Play passed away.  The company likely passed down to someone else (likely her son who had helped her with running it at times), but it is possible the new owner is not interested in maintaining it.  A long time back, before the owner died, she had held some lengthy phone calls with me to see if I could help solve their security troubles.  Back at that time they were already suffering from hacker attacks that were beyond their ability to stop.  We had gone over how their security is set up, and in length we discussed what I believed they should change in order to be better protected.  That was the last time I spoke to anyone from All In Play.

If before the owner passed away the company was already in very bad shape from hackers (which is what she claimed), then it is entirely possible that losing the owner was the final nail in the company's coffin.  It would be hard enough to have the company dropped into your lap after a family member's death, but if it was already struggling then it is probably too difficult to save.

That is my guess anyway.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-02-12 18:46:11

Aprone,
I think you are thinking of another company.
Meet the All inPlay Team
Michael Zarozinski, Paul Silva, Jeremie Spitzer, and Tim Keenan.
https://allinplay.wordpress.com/about/
This page describing the owners of the company is still up.

2017-02-12 18:55:47

aprone have you ever thought about coding any type of card games, rather it be ones that already exist, or something that your creative mind comes up with? talking about all in play made me think about card games that's why the question popped up lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-02-13 00:45:24

Hmmmm, well with no word from Allinplay it's rather difficult to say what the company are doing.
I will change the licenses to the games to "unknown"  in the database until we get more information. Actually, for a long time I've considered rewriting a the allinplay entries to be one page like  blindadrenaline, rs games and Quentin C Playroom,  that might be a good idea to do now.

As regards Aprone developing a card game, the only real issue is that there are so many traditional cardgames available  already, and more being written.
I'd love to see Aprone develop a none traditional cardgame or take triple triad a bit further with more collectable tiles, online play etc, since we really could do with some more ccg like games in the community.

Indeed I did rather like the idea of  the time battle cardsgame Aaron posted about recently which used a traditional pack of cards to play a ccg like battle game.

2017-02-13 02:33:49

that list of people that own all in play is out of date. the business was taken over in late 2011 by genefer who also ran for-the-people. she sadly passed away last year and ftp was closed down. her family took over all in play but they were having problems with the coding and last I heard they were looking for a new programmer. I haven't spoken to steven recently so I am not sure what is happening now but I assume they are still hoping to get things back up and running.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-02-13 06:31:43

I'm also wondering about this, and would love it if there was any possibility of it coming back. I loved the games there... I would particularly love to see another poker game online for blind and sighted people alike that had a great atmosphere as the one they offered.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-02-13 07:47:00

@Sirbadger, good to know hope they can sort things out.

@Assault freak, Blind adrenaline had pretty good poker as I remember, that's where I played a lot of it.

2017-02-13 12:53:56

yes dark I agree, it would be cool for aprone to come out with an untraditional card game. it can even be swamped based to where we run around finding different cards, doing quests for rare cards, once we have a deck built, then we can battle others. I don't know just anything would be a cool idea at this point lol we are pretty desprit for a audio cgs game right about now.

I remember the atmosphere on allinplay. I was addicted to poker and crazy eights. my name on there was flyguy lol

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-02-13 13:03:32

While I never actually subscribed to AIP I did participate in the tournaments they did where they would reset everyone's trials. And for the times I went there I enjoyed it. By the time I could pay for things like that I became involved with RS games beta testing so that was taking all my online card gaming time.

The 2 things all in play had going for it, and why I would be very sad to see it die were the atmosphere and sound design (the changing music in poker or crazy eights, or the gameshow vibe of those games with occasional bursts of applause, bells and what have you) as well as the fact it had actual graphics. This is how I got sighted people into crazy eights, by showing them All in Play. This is not something either RS or Quentin C is doing well (the desktop RS client displays absolutely nothing, while the web version basically boils down to everything being a large horizontal list of text, and the Playroom is slightly similar with the addition of basic color coding and formatting.) Finally, it had a few more games that afaik are not available anywhere else, those being the handful of on-line word games.

So, if the current owners think they can no longer run the service I really think they shouldn't just call it a shutdown and be done with it, we had enough of those in the audio gaming scene in the last few years. They should just publish the sourcecode up on GitHub so that if someone wants to run a server, or perhaps patch up their security, they can.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-02-13 13:54:38

SirBager,
I checked my link to
http://www.for-the-people.com
jennifer Pierce for-the-people
and it still works.
I googled her name with no hits about her dying.
Do you have proof of your comments?

2017-02-13 15:19:39

hi guys. yeah, as ddark stated cardroom is a good thing too. i was part last week of a hold em tournament. but stilll allinplay was good too.
and if she passed away, then that is sad to hear.
and people, what the heck? why would you want the source code? again to have drama started with open source projects? well, that won't be a good idea. but in adition, eventualy people like aprone or someone like that could have the source for it and maintain it.

2017-02-14 00:36:53

the for-the-people.com website is still live but it isn't being updated and the voice chat rooms don't work anymore. as for proof, all I can tell you is she was a good friend of mine and i still try to keep in touch with her family. she was ill for a while and in the end she was taken by cancer. they held a memorial service on talking communities. if you really want proof then i can see if i can dig out any of the mails from the mailing list, or you could go ask on some of the other chat communities such as blind café.
a lot of people knew her and she is very sadly missed.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-02-14 09:42:41

@15, there aren't any more active poker rooms or sessions on blind adrenaline anymore, as far as I know. I've kept an eye out there for quite a while... and the tables don't seem to be very active. So as of right now, there's nothing aside from the Quentin C playroom's rendition of Texas Holdem, which is sad. As others have said, I loved the atmosphere, sounds, and fast pace of the all in play card games. I really do hope that it will find a way to make a comeback.

2017-02-14 15:33:51

@Pitermach, your correct in terms of the sounds, music and graphics, actually when I tried my trial out those were things I liked, though I never subscribed so never got as much of the atmosphere.

One thing I do wonder is if we'll see some blindfold poker games for Ios soon. I know Marty has a video poker machine version and has been experimenting online games, though again the blindfold games are still! something I need to take in hand in terms of the database.

I'll leave the db pages of Allinplay alone for now, though if we don't hear anything by Summer I might have to change their licenses to unknown and effectively put a note saying they're not around anymore, perhaps with some words reflecting the sad passing of their founder.

2017-02-14 22:34:52

SirBadger,
I tested my For-The-People user name and password and they didn't work.
So I'll remove it from my blind web site's list.
Let us know if someone ever takes it over and brings it back.

2017-02-15 18:24:50

assault_freak wrote:

@15, there aren't any more active poker rooms or sessions on blind adrenaline anymore, as far as I know. I've kept an eye out there for quite a while... and the tables don't seem to be very active. So as of right now, there's nothing aside from the Quentin C playroom's rendition of Texas Holdem, which is sad. As others have said, I loved the atmosphere, sounds, and fast pace of the all in play card games. I really do hope that it will find a way to make a comeback.

yes, there still are games and tournaments in blind adrenaline cardroom. people seem to be active over there.

2017-02-15 19:15:01

I have never seen anything active there... but maybe that's just me. But atmospherically, those are very quiet and a little dull for my taste compared to all in Play's games. But might give them a try again...