2017-01-31 22:22:46

hi all,
first, what is flightGear?
flightgear is an open source (GPL licensed) flight similator which has many features like many aircrafts, a voip called fgcom to talk in plane, an open radar (ATC similator for it) which is under development, online flying, etc
they similated everything in airplanes, for example everything in cessna 172p has been similated, all the keys, etc
mixture lever and engine rpm also has been similated
you can fly both IFR or VFR in this game
this game has some advantages:
1. this game allows using of festival tts engine
2. this game is script based, which means we can add aircrafts, or write add-ons easily for it
its scripting language is called nasal, which is based on javascript
3. the game uses properties which are texts, for airspeed, engine control, etc
now, i want to make an add-on for it
first, what is your suggestions
second, who can help me dirring the development of this?
the add-on will be open source under GPL
and, you can get more info about this game at
here
have a nice time

2017-01-31 22:43:14

I've tried it, its not good, FSX, P3D or x-plane are better, way better trust me, not worth it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-31 22:55:10 (edited by visualstudio 2017-01-31 22:55:48)

what you mean by better?
fsx has copilot which you must pay $50 to buy it!, its 15 day trial has not those features exist in full version

2017-02-01 00:40:53

better as in you get good aircraft, flight dynamics better, sounds better, graphics better, flightgear just sucks.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-01 16:03:07

flightGear has more aircrafts, it is under active development, graphics are not required for a blind, it is free and open source, it is more detailed, and it has an extensive documentation

2017-02-01 19:46:12

ah I didn't see many details, the sounds were below average, the planes looked old and weatherbeaten, textures not good, etc. Hey, but I don't want to take the wind out of your sails, if this is something you are passionate about, then by all means, go full tilt. It's good features are its available on windows linux and I think OSX, its free, I think also I got it running from APT so I didn't have to download a tar.gz and extract and install or build it from a tarball, or git clone, etc. I remember doing this and there were a few hickups but I got it sorted. Hmm what else, well it is a full on flight sim, and I think it does work with professional errrrr... flight gear, lol. like radio sacks and stuff like that, hardware.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-01 21:26:22 (edited by visualstudio 2017-02-01 21:28:20)

the aircrafts are under active development, i listened to boeing aircraft sounds 737 and 747, and they were sufficient enough at least in my idea
for example, cessna 172p is developed and it is highly detailed
it is a cold engine, you have to hit carberator and then set your magnitos and start, also battery master is required
this game is supported on windows, mac, and linux
it has a long way to go
because of this, i decided to make it accessible

2017-02-01 22:09:34

cool. I found the 172P just starts no matter what I didn't see any engine simulation like in FSX or X-plane.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-02 14:37:11

X-Plane is available for the Mac and Windows. FlightGear doesn't hold a candle to it.
Also, the addon community for FSX is still thriving. If you want to make something accessible, make something for X-Plane so we can use it.

2017-02-02 14:37:29

you must set your magnitos, press carberator hit, and also switch on your battery master in order to be aible to start it, or just click on cessna 172p and choose auto start which is for nubies
which version do you use?

2017-02-02 15:03:05

hi,
in my opinion, if we may make a game accessible, why not!
let the people try the game themselves and choose the best they like!
we'd better to have accessible games as more as possible, and make a large number of them for the people to choose from!
as everyone's taste is different from the others, so, better to do the best we can, and let them to choose what suits their Taste.
i'm available for any help for making this game accessible.
and, if the sounds of this game are open to modify, i've real sounds from real aircrafts for this game!
with these being said, let's help to make this game, and other games are possible, accessible!

Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on GitHub: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/

2017-02-02 15:06:09

fsx and x-plane are abandand
specially fsx

2017-02-02 22:11:07

umm... no? x-plane 11 just came out in beta, it is certainly not abandoned. FSx is technically abandoned but the underlying software called ESP which the sim is based on  has been licensed to Lockheed Martin, makers of Prepar3D, so yeah there are avenues.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-03 00:36:58

OK, I am in the sim, and in the C172P but I cannot find a keyboard binding to flip on the master switch to get the battery going so I can get it started. Once I do that I can try to fly it.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-02-04 20:06:58

ok, i decided to try fsx
and possibly make an addon for it
although it is 12 gb, but i will try it and decide flightGear is better or this