2017-01-20 17:43:19

Hi!

The forum has been online for some hours, the main site will be made public later. The site already is online in a hidden place, but a lot of testing has to be done to make sure everything is in place and to improve security. We hope to be back soon.

Thanks for your patience,
The AudioGames.net Team

2017-01-21 11:26:47

Hi sanderman!
yeah ausam news!
but I want to see the user karma how can I?
Thanks
ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-01-21 12:38:38 (edited by Slender 2017-01-21 12:41:13)

OK, I'm confused. What is actually causing these outages? The details seem to be conflicting. Some have said the site was blacklisted by a spam report, while others are saying the site was hacked. What's going on here? @ThakurIshan, The karma extension, or rather, all extensions, have been disabled for the time being, including karma.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-01-21 15:51:31

@Slender What it appears to be from the exchange between @AudioGamesNet and @mijndomein on Twitter is that Mijndomein (the hosting service, I think) detected malware in one of the directories of the website and took it down temporarily. Then the admins of Audiogames.net  removed it but it took a long time to get the site put back up.

It's possible that one of the extensions was related to this, but that's just me speculating.

Prehistoric terror.
My github.

2017-01-21 17:20:17

i also can't see my pm's witch i send, or witch i reseived. I wonder how I can see those back. There is no pm link under the posts. i mean, normally it would show  up with email, qoute and so on and so forth. Am i missing something?

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-01-21 18:33:48

@Marro, Check out this topic:
http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=20929

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-02-04 07:11:14

On the subject of the forum.
Has anyone thought about implimenting logical captcha.
This is hardly used and has people answer a question either a fill in the blank or a math question.
I am unsure if it can be customised but it could be that those that knew something about audiogames could either answer a general logical question or could answer a games question this is something I am seriously thinking to use for us at sonnar.
The logical captcha stuff has hardly been used and could be a good idea for use.
I have used it on sites myself but never used it as such myself though I could see it as a good investment.

2017-02-04 15:37:21

We did actually try a system like that  at one point, people were asked something very obvious like "what planet do we live on" or "what is three times two"
However the problem is that the system got very intrusive,  popping up all of the time even when not wanted or when the member was already established, not just at account creation and when posting the first post as it should've done.

Kingdom of loathing employs that sort of system and it seemed to work well, but unless we can find a reliable PunBB extention that only works once, it probably won't be that useful.

Also however, bare in mind a lot of spambots are actually registered by human operators anyway, even though they don't actually have the human reading the messages, look at all of the world of warcraft spammers we get, so a logical capcha wouldn't discourage that sort of thing. Indeed, I'm not sure how much those idiotic, inaccessible image capchas you see everywhere do either other than be constantly inconvenient.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)