2017-01-23 11:00:57

First, glad to see the forums are back for the time being. However, they don't appear to be completely intact. Firstly, unless I'm just having an off day, the login/out llinks are gone from the web interface. I know this software like the back of my hand, so that's of no real importance to me, but John Q. Newbie might have a problem.

Secondly, the RSS feeds appear to have taken a vacation. I follow the forums through RSS because it's easier, but since the forums have come back online, that hasn't been a thing. Intentional or oversight? Or is something still busted?

2017-01-23 13:06:23

Is this just me, or is anyone else also unable to go into the new releases room? I can go anywhere else, but when I try to enter it either by the link or the combo box I always get this error:

Warning: require(/public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/extensions/pun_pm/url/Default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/include/common.php(78) : eval()'d code on line 44

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './extensions/pun_pm/url/Default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/include/common.php(78) : eval()'d code on line 44

2017-01-23 13:18:22

This is probably happening because all extensions are disabled. Apparently the earlier blank page problem had something to do with the extensions.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-01-23 16:07:24

Some of these are built directly into the forum software. If the admins need a hand with fixing things, my email is on file. Hit me up.

2017-01-23 17:36:32

Yes, as Slender said, the extentions are offline for now which is why there is no user karma or rss, also new user registration is disabled for the time being. Obviously this isn't intended to be a perminant state of affairs, but it's one we'll unfortunately all have to bare until things are sorted out and the problems that were causing the blank page loads are fixed.

Hopefully it won't be too long.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-23 19:19:04

@Dark: Not all the RSS features are disabled. There's still an RSS feed for each new thread. What there appears to no longer be is an RSS feed for each post. The RSS features are also, at least last I heard, not a user extension to the software.

2017-01-24 00:18:50

Hi guys, thanks for bringing this up. I'll look into this as soon as I have time. I'd first like to bring the main site up after a security inspection. Thanks for your patience!

2017-01-24 17:18:55

I'll restate my offer of assistance if needed in stabilizing things with either site or forums. Folks can get hold of me if they need - the important contact info's on file.

2017-01-30 11:28:55

Any ETA on when RSS feeds will return to the forum?

2017-01-30 19:57:27

Hi! The RSS feeds are back.
http://forum.audiogames.net/extern.php? … p;type=rss
Maybe we miss an extension that enhances particular functionality?

2017-01-30 20:13:10

I think I restored it (and sorry for causing some additional downtime)!

2017-01-30 20:49:41

There was an RSS feed for posts as well. That appears to be missing.

2017-01-30 20:51:04

Nevermind. I am, officially, in need of more caffeine.

2017-01-30 21:03:10

In that case, here's a tune for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6IUqrFHjw

2017-01-30 21:13:41

Love that song, i'm a coffee addict lol.

2017-02-02 15:11:39

Are we able to create poles again? I haven't started a new topic yet, since the forum has completely fixed.

2017-02-11 16:17:00

I still can't enter the New releases room, it gives an error message. It doesn't happen anywhere else, and it's never happened before, but has consistently been the case after the forum returned. Any idea what might be causing it and why I'm getting it while other people aren't? I'm using firefox on windows 7 if that helps. I've tried it with all addons disabled with the same result. The error message is:

Warning: require(/public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/extensions/pun_pm/url/Default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/include/common.php(78) : eval()'d code on line 44

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required './extensions/pun_pm/url/Default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /public/sites/forum.audiogames.net/include/common.php(78) : eval()'d code on line 44