2016-05-06 12:27:33

Hello,

well, how strange this may sound, my charactername, wich i previously used is gone. not that that is a huge problem for me. but i am now known as privorda and i joined the rangers-guild. I obtained mroe badges than i ever have done before ... well ... one more atm ... now own 4 and will continue to bite me fixed to obtain them all. but i discovered patience is a huge benefid. other players are willing to help you obtaining them all, but do it with patience, not all players have all day to help you out. that's what i discovered.

well ... privorda will try to get some extra badges.

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2016-05-06 13:25:48

I still need to go back on and choose a profession, then start on these badge things and see more about the mud.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-23 15:37:58

Well just to let people know, Avalon now has a db page, find it here
I did try logging in as Nuani but I assume the character got purged for not playing for a while, which is fare enough since it doesn't take long to go through the novice course if I want to give this one a try, but still the profession question really is a pest in this game since it seems once you finish the novice school there isn't really a way to know what you should be doing afterwards.

I might just say bugger it and try loremaster as something of a jack of all trades anyway if I decide to get into this mud. The problem is wheever I think about how good the novice school stuff is I really want to play the game, but after that point I just seemed to get lost and not sure what I should be doing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-02-01 18:06:08

Hi all. Does anyone know where the soundpack went? Its not on the provided dropbox link anymore.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-04-01 16:35:05

okay I'm now doing exactly what I said I was going to do in post 103, namely give avalon a try and say bugger it and do  just to get into the game.

i also confess that with playing lots of combat muds for a while I want to do something a bit more crafting focused. I considered lament and but avalon always intragued me so am giving it a try, and am already lined up for the loremasters when I've finished newbie school.

my new character is tryak if anyone wants to say hello.

2017-04-02 08:27:07

Okay so my questions.
1. How rp intensive is this? I mean is this a mud where everyone is just going to use say and socials, or is this the game where people use real emotes?
2. is this a hack and slash, level up sort of game, or is it more a role playing sort of game with no levels?
I'm not big on the hack and slash, just grind your skills type of game.
I'm interested in real role playing games.
Ever since I left the inquisition, they are in short order.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2017-04-02 16:26:49

Well Avalon works rather differently to any other game I've seen in terms of both roleplay and progression.

First, thing to say is the game is anything but! hack n slash, indeed rather like in clok even basic wild animals are tough to kill.

What the game is more about though is harder to say because of a concept Avalon uses called realplay which is on the one hand very rp intensive, and on the other not at all.
This is to say you don't start off by playing a character, you don't have to rwrite a profile like "my character is the daughter of a pirate captain who was bandoned at a young age, she has green eyes and brown hair" etc, neither will you get penalized or told off for asking about game mechanics, discussing quests or anything else on the channels.

However, lots of things, if not are driven by your interactions with other players. For example, when you choose your class, you are in a guild, and you progress by getting quests from that guild given you by other players. Likewise, you are part of a city, and things you do earn your city renown etc, can make your city money, claim land, go to war with other cities etc, even some of the badges and quests you need to do to progress are given you by city officials.

The rp aspect of Avalon is something I've come across anywhere else, so my best advice is give it a try, just make sure you know what guild or class you want since otherwise you'll be in the position I was in, finishing newbie school and not sure how to advance after that.

2017-04-03 22:17:28

I'm generally more of a solo player, but I met some of the friendliest players I've ever met on any Mud in Avalon. It's definitely worth a try, and from my experience, the roleplay can be extremely immersive.

2017-04-04 04:22:53

Well my problem at the moment is again, I've finished newbie school and don't know what to do next, have a bunch of lessons and no idea what skills I should train where I should go etc etc. In fairness when I was on there seemed to be some sort of intensive quest or event  going on so the chap who was helping me out with badges had to go off and do stuff, so I will try again, though i don't like the feeling that I'm basically now stuck bugging other players to progress at all, though other players do seem quite up for being bugged.

I really! wish they would write in somequests or tutorials or something just to get started on the actual game as opposed to the newbie school, then again in fairness other players did seem quite up for being bugged so it's likely this is something I need to get over, at least until I've done some badges and have some skills that actually let me explore and do! things in the game.

2017-04-07 15:03:01

Well once more I'm utterly stuck, I go on the game and am saying "hmmm, I hear about theese badge things could someone give me an idea what the smeg I should do?" and am waiting for someone to answer, which is down right depressing.

Why the hell the game doesn't have quests or activities or decent stuff like any other game I don't know, I don't even know what skills to practice or how to farm or craft because guess what, everything should be taught by other players and while people are very nice, they're also very busy, so basically whenver I'm on I feel as if I'm bugging people.

I might actually mail the admins since this is the third time I've tried with avalon and every time I got to this point and got stuck.
For gods sake! would some newbie quests be sooooo much to ask!

Edit: okay was on again today, was told nobody could help with badges since the right people were online and someone god surley and told me to go and read the help files, which I have of course done extensively.

I will give the game a try to see if I can actually do these badges but right now I'm more than a little annoyed at the lack of activities, ---- well actually it seems there are loads of activities, just no idea how to start them and the sodding help files go on so much about how great the game is and how there is farming and crafting and fighting and spells and this and that and the other they don't tell you how! to get started.

i did try emailing the admins, but my mail bounced.

2017-11-27 13:13:43

Big update on Avalon!

They have completely revamped the newbie experience.
You go through the academy, but it's more structured now. Your Avalon life is divided into chapters, and the first few are tutorials.
They show you how to select each profession and sample it, even giving you little tasks to do for each one.
They guide you through meeting the members of your city.
They have put a huge amount of effort into making it much more user friendly for the beginner, and it was pretty good to start with anyway.
There is also a graduation ceremony, where you meet more city officials or guilds, so I don't think anyone will have the problem of being lost after school is finished.
From then on, you choose the types of "chapters" you want to live, be they military, economic, exploration, or whatever you want. There are 24 kinds of chapters you can choose.
To me, it feels like they're trying to give you a big pathway, while still allowing the freedom and flexibility of that huge world.

Also, one of the gods sent me a tell, and asked if everything was working Ok with my screen reader. He found some junk text that was showing up, and fixed it immediately.

If Avalon left you lost after the academy before, you might want to try it again. It's very different, and vastly improved for the beginner!

2017-11-27 15:59:55

I think that would be appreciated Mirage, I confess Avalon has rather frustrated me each and every time I've tried it since I've always got stuck at the self same place, and while other player's weren't unfriendly, having literally no quests or goals or anything after the newbie academy  basically just feeling like a spare part has not been a good experience, even when i have chosen a profession.

2017-11-28 09:46:46

I didn't realize they literally just made changes to the newbie experience. It's only the first or second day for the new tutorial.
So if anyone does try it again, it works fine, but there may be some glitches along the way as they get the new system sorted out.
From my experience yesterday, there are a lot of super friendly players willing to help you.

2017-11-29 07:15:00

I've started playing again, and am earning badges now. Yes, the game can be so fun. I can already tell that I'll be making memories here, kinda like Clok but hopefully less dying.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-11-29 07:49:11

I'm debating if I should make another character just to go through all the newbie experience so I know what to do with the various badges in my original character. This new system has me confused.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-11-29 09:53:35

I made a new character just to get reacquainted with the Mud.
I wanted to be a loremaster anyway, so it works out for me.
But I am hoping to bring back my druid character at some point in the future, because I think she had a lot of potential.

2017-12-01 17:24:29

Greetings all, First of all, where can i get the mush file that has been already registered. secondly where did the sound pack go? Third, which profession or class is the best to play as a combatter? you see I'm not that into grinding a lot. I just like to fight, hack and slash. I can  bear grindings as long as I can do combats. lol. I'd love to try to join that battles and wars. sounds quite awesome. Although It may take long long long time to reach such stage considering I haven't even started the game yet. smile smile

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2017-12-05 01:25:52

So, I'm relatively new to connecting to new MUDS. Questions:
1. Is the soundpack for this for Mush by chance?
2. I'm connecting using Mush and in quick Contect it asks for a TCP or IP. What do I put there?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-12-05 13:33:11

Wow ...how I've missed this game smile

The game used to be pay-to-play for the longest time, I really appreciate they brought in the sponsorship option. People from Parrius might see my namesake running around near Leaf Lane, Avalon was the very first real game I ever played. I'm back now as my original name, Balliol smile
As for the sound pack, I'd like to have it if it still exists but I still remember a lot of the game from when I played over ...gee ...12-13 years ago smile

Zersiax

2018-06-28 17:37:52

Okay I am giving avalon yet another nother try.
My char this time is Strond, and he's a loremaster.

The newbie experience is a bit odd, since there was no school, no academy, indeed I wonder if I missed the school thing accidently since the first thing I had to do was choose a profession, but we'll see.

Still as I now have a profession hopefully I can get into the game propper.

2018-06-29 01:36:46

Well, my character went dormant again, and I just don't feel like going back on there and playing for a while, getting bored of not really knowing what to do, then leaving again, being told yet again that I just don't play enough so now I'll have to ask some one to sponsor me, yet again, only to just know that I won't play that much and not wanting to be sponsored for nothing.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-06-29 03:18:57

Hi all I would play but I don't know how to get funded to play from a guild if there is a sp for Avalon for mush could someone help me set it up? Thanks

2018-06-29 04:11:16

because it meed money to start,make me outside,hmm.
but this is a mud with friendly player base

2018-06-29 15:23:31

It doesn't actually have sponsorship anymore, you can have a perminent free player account.
I'm not exactly sure what differences between free accounts and  subscribed ones are, but  at least according to  in game info you should be able to play as long as you like for free see:

https://www.avalon-rpg.com/help/pages/credited

2018-06-29 15:53:32

i read that, means if you don't have credit time, it be very hard to level up,get lessons and more