2017-01-29 15:15:37 (edited by pulseman45 2017-01-29 16:12:04)

Now that I think of it, from what I saw from the unknown gift Monja in Eyelessmac's playthrough, it does quite a bit of damage with Rookie kick alone, so I can't imagine with something like Power Kick if it will ever get it at some point. Still, it would be fair compared to, let's say, Aerial vision, which would make it broken in the opposit sense of what it is now. Well, probably not to that point, but still.
It does get Shadow Claw at some point, but nothing more powerful unfortunately.

2017-01-29 18:47:30

Hi guys,
Does banyarden get earthquake at some point?

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-01-29 20:24:52

Okay, here are a few really strong manamon which, if you play them right, will pretty much wreck the game in a good way. Want an easy time? Read on.

Fiendour: Good HP, great defenses, solid attack, decent undead moves, plus Stifle, Horrify and Desoul. Need I say more?
Dussoket/Erroir: These two are actually pretty comparable. Dussoket has slightly better defenses and he's faster, but Erroir gets Power Fang and Slash and actually does hit just a little harder, plus gets a very early Sparking Tail and Lightning Bolt. Dussoket will eventually get Shadow Claw, Oblivion Slash, Sonic Missile, Charge of Fury, AquaZap (only as a Zapistan, mind you), so its coverage options are just better across the board, but Power Fang is hard to say no to.
OR
Mondevol: Magic is a very strong type in this game, as is electric. Mondevol will get Superspark and Aura Master for coverage, plus it's pretty tanky. I think I worked it out in an earlier post that an electric type can handle something like 40% of the Master Stadium all by itself, and Mondevol can handle even more. Just for reference, it takes Garganchan, Martiagle, Fowliture, Ghoperto (Ghoperto has no dangerous ghost moves), Orystar, Skirial, Turoison, Dramagon, Arctana, Squarpha, Submenno, Tarboo, Recobrah, Sacroloon, Dragomier and Jimitron. That's sixteen manamon out of a total of twenty-six. And it won't necessarily one-shot them all, but it does super-effective damage against them all. Oh yeah, and it will resist fire, so in a pinch it can be used as a wall against the first tamer because it resists a bunch of stuff. Stick a Broomstick on it, and Garganchan can't wail on it with Earthquake. Mondevol isn't the sort of manamon you put on your team if you just want to win vs. everything in one hit, but combine it with Fiendour and you've got a particularly strong core (ghost moves are sadly just not common enough to threaten it).
Sacroloon: I disparaged this guy early on, and I was wrong. Sacroloon's special defense is very good, its defense is meh, its speed is high, and it gets both screen moves so it can shield your team. It also has a lot of HP, which means I think it generally has a higher base stat total than most other manamon. This guy won't win you battles in a move or two either, but at least when he hits stuff, he'll get the first attack, and if it's weak to holy, he's got a good shot at a kill.
Blaizond: Dear god is this thing strong. The only reason he's not stronger is because flame types, while they get a lot of nice moves, don't have a ton of relevancy in this game except when the game suddenly starts chucking Guerrerrol and Thornita at you all over the place. Has good speed and excellent special defense, but a fairly lackluster defense, so watch it.
Leonatar: This one is a tiny bit frail, but it's fast, hits hard, and has all the tools it needs. It's a standard-earth type that gets Slash, Earthquake and Charge of Fury, and also gets Roar and Battlecry (to enhance attack and to sharply lower foe's defense, respectively). It's not so much that Leonatar is broken though; it's just that everything else is bad. In an ideal world, many more manamon would be as good as (or have as much coverage/support as) Leonatar, and it wouldn't be so amazing. As it stands though? Very good manamon.
Eksponge: This one has great defenses on both sides, gets Drench and oddly also gets Limb Thrust, plus Restrain. It's immune to water attacks, and its water moves get stronger when it goes below 1/4HP. HP isn't the best, but it's not bad. Turoison is supposed to be a tank, but this thing beats Turoison handily on that score.
Elvond: Very fast, good magic attack, solid defenses (not great though) and high HP, plus Inner Healing, plus Smoke and Mirrors, plus one of the only users of Magic Wave. This thing cries out for Meteor Rush, but it's still a great magic type.
Martiagle: High attack, high speed, Hone Blades for an attack boost and even Batter Branch for weird coverage. Best flying type in the game if you want pure damage. Watch for low special defense.
Deciced: Ice type with modest speed and excellent attack, plus it gets Frigid Touch and Night Stick for dual STAB. Bad special defense and doubly weak to holy, so watch out.
Mortrex: Aside from a weakness to holy attacks, this guy is hard to kill, and has very solid stats across the board.
Titomaton: Aside from a huge problem with earth (use a broomstick), this steel-electric type is a great tank, probably a better pure tank than Mondevol but hampered a bit more because it's part steel instead of part magic (magic is much better than steel).
Remullion: Very good stats across the board, probably the best fighting type in the game even if it's part steel.
Dramagon/Dragomier: These two squeak onto the list. Dramagon is a little slow and kinda average-ish and Dragomier has bad defense, but otherwise these two are pretty good. Draomier hits very hard and eventually, way down the road, gets some nice moves. Dramagon gets moves much earlier than that, plus it has a solid air attack as well.

If I just wanted an easy game, I'd pick a team of six from that list and just go crazy. There are others who aren't terrible, but those are your best, I think.

And fighting...yeah. Power Punch isn't bad, but then you get Power Kick (somewhat inaccurate) and Blind Rush (terrible). Ninjarkin is supposed to get Shadow Claw, yes, but apart from Blind Rush the only same-type attack moves it gets which it can rely on are Shadow Claw (50 power) and Rookie Kick? Seriously, Rookie Kick, on a freaking ninja master? That's an insult to all ninja masters!

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-01-30 02:18:10

Oh, and I just discovered something rather funny:

A Chiroperta can take down nearly all of Cosmo's team. Yes, a Chiroperta.

This is because Cosmo uses two Leonatar, two Terruffalo, a Lamgurk and a Pandourbit. The two Leonatar and two Terruffalo are absolutely helpless against Chiroperta, because all of their moves which do damage are either standard or earth type (well, and Uproot, but that won't do either). Lamgurk is a problem because it will use Rock and Roll, and Pandourbit will reliably one-shot a ghost with Spirit Force. But seriously, two-thirds of the team can be taken down, however slowly, with a Chiroperta. I find this hilarious.
Stumbled on it when I gave my Mortrex a broomstick, for basically the same effect. He actually almost did the entire fight solo, except Pandourbit finished him off and so Banyardan came in to give one solid hit on the very slow ghost to finish it off.

Incidentally, I did that fight first, after catching the three big mythicals, and the higher-level master stadium unlocked the next time I went back. I've since beaten Sonica, but not Seinarus. Raising a Fiendour to solo him, got lucky and bred one with remarkable HP, attack and defense, and average everything else (except terrrible special attack, but who cares?).

2017-01-30 02:53:27

hi! i've finished manamon playthrough and i was really happy with my team which looked like:
Tarboo, this guy rocks. it stood as a meat against the high level stadiums, it can fight back, only problem is that it's slow as hell.
fiendour, this guy, along with next team member of mine recked shadow kingdom in less then an hour, i'm not joking. it's tankesh, it can fight back, there's litterly no downside to him as long as you have the headstone amulet on him. i destroyed 5 out of 6 manamon on Seinaruses first team, same as with the other one, the 94's/95's one. they were practicly helpless.
mondevol. love this guy, equip a broomstick on the it and it will be almost impossible to take him down.
leonatar, it rocks in it's last form, and swept mathews mortrex in 2 earthquakes.
placebot, i  ground a peace for him that allowed me to use solar cannan and other moves, since them, he had saved my life more then once. covering as flame, water, magic, and fighting types when needed. it's werth to grind those credits!
polosses, of course, this guy was used to destroy the god beast, ugh, i really wish you could avoid that fight.
i dropped leafox for the ice legendary, just because i favor it, and because i already had plant coverage, thanks to placebot.
anyway, i think i'm done with manamon for a while.

2017-01-30 04:51:35

Placebot struck me as decidedly average at everything (read: not good at anything), and so I've never used one. I know it gets a bunch of nice moves by level-up, such as Slash, hammerhead, Laser Arm, Tri-Beamm, Iron Guard and Vulnerability Scan, but you either have to commit to having one stat (attack or special attack) very high, or you have to have them both at reasonable but not insane levels, or you have to crank defense up to reasonable but not insane levels and take like four hits to kill anything, or you can double speed (for all the good that will do when you die in two hits and four-shot stuff), or use that add-on with all the extra moves (which essms really nice in theory, except that the central tenet of this post is that Placebot is not good at anything. So even with fake STAB for those moves, they're all coming off reasonably sub-par stats. I would rather use some other manamon who actually do these moves better. Especially true since Storm Rush sucks and Solar Cannon isn't a whole lot better.

2017-01-30 17:26:05

Hi, is it possible to get the ost from this game?

pika-san, a pokemon fan! skype: luigimax127
Discord: luigimax127#5490
Pokemon show down username: pika127

2017-01-30 21:20:03

Jayde, the more you talk about stats, and particulars, the more i get depressed about the 40 dollars i dropped on this game. Not because it's a bad game, i liked the story mostly, but damn these balance issues are unforgivable. It might be ok if there were only like maybe half the available manimon, but ugh, i can't bring myself to do another playthrough, because i'm reminded about the mons that aren't so great, and how hard my first playthrough was because my manimon weren't hitting hard enough lol. It got done, but i still blame balance issues over play style.

2017-01-30 22:22:31

There are a lot of them. And once I finish the manapedia and fight the doctor, I'm well and truly finished.
This means the guide, too, unless someone tells me definitively of stuff I've missed.
I predict that this thread won't reach to page 150 unless someone artificially bloats it.

So, just a moment of your time, if you please. A very, very telling observation:
If I had a Gameboy or Gameboy Colour, I would more than happily bust out Pokemon Crystal, or Gold/Silver again. Yeah, it's 8-bit sound. Yeah, I can't see the stats. Yeah, I can't read the dialogue and I have to figure out movelists online or via trial and error. Yeah, Unown and Delibird and Noctowl and Ledian suck. But I'd still happily do it.
Teachable moves, fairly good balance, decent representation in all types, and a nice tight story that stayed cohesive even if it's a bit juvenile. Those things make me willing to play a game that was released almost twenty years ago. I flat-out guarantee you that the same will not be true of manamon. Pokemon games have more appeal than they deserve, in my opinion, but even on dated systems and with terribly outdated graphics and sound and other limitations, the games still survive. There have been thousands upon thousands of pages devoted to the metagame of pokemon, and manamon, by comparison, will be a memory this time next year, with someone very occasionally asking a question that's already been answered, or someone asking if the game is going to get any more updates.
And that, I think, above all else, is what makes me sad about this one.

2017-01-30 23:25:27

Has anyone had the time to try and use Myaneeko? It took me about 10 minutes to raise this thing up to level 2 just because it kept dying from Murkit or Squirmunk in the first area, not to mention Wormer. 2 bugbites and it's dead. This thing is busted. I don't know why tamers even bother using them, maybe it's because of the exp you get when defeating them. For anyone who's wondering, Myaneeko gets Energy Burst at level 5, Holy Light somewhere in the 20's, and Retribution at 35. That's the longest time I could deal with this thing, when it got to 35 it just couldn't survive even if it's a tank. Well, a tank with crap attacking stats and crap defenses. The current team for me is an exact copy of what Shadow Adminastrator Kumori uses in the factory. I'm not kidding, an exact copy! Maybe the next time I should try a copy of some of the Manamon on Octorosses team. And maybe I should also try a team of all Manamon with average stats, nothing with something high. Speaking of average stats, I heard earlyer in this topic that Banyardan is supposed to have very balanced stats? Some people say that it's supposed to have high speed and attack, and the ones I always, and I mean always, have very bad physical attack, high magic attack and high speed. I'm never using this one again unless this bug with stats is fixed. Oh, and it happens with all the other starters as well. That's why as soon as I catch something else, I replace my starter.

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

2017-01-31 00:21:08

It's not a bug. You're just getting unlucky. If you don't like the stats of your starter, breed it. Seriously.
Banyardan's attack is probably its highest natural stat, with speed second. Its special attack isn't bad though. Its defenses and HP are a shade on the low side. I really do feel like this thing got quietly nerfed. Either that, or I'm just not that observant, and thought he was better than he was for awhile.

Myaneko is busted. Tons of HP, good speed, awful everything else. It tries to get moves like Bizarre Illusion and Subliminal Radio Wave as well, and it does get Divine Protection to shore up its god-awful defense (no Divine Barrier though), but it just can't play annoyer with this sort of stat spread. It's doubly weak to undead, doubly weak to insect I believe, and I think it might also be doubly weak to ghost. Not only that, but it doesn't really resist a lot, and even when it does, it still dies. I've Blaze Rampaged a Myaneko with Tylovile for a 2-hit kill, and this thing is supposed to resist flame attacks. Put it that way.

Octoross's team is kind of crap actually. I want to say Orystar kills over half of it (Ratiera, Sansurgion, Skirial, Trumer with ease, without even thinking twice about it), and I always have a magic type on hand for precisely this reason.

2017-01-31 01:07:17 (edited by boy 2017-01-31 01:10:08)

What I mean is that whenever, and I mean whenever, I pick Leafox for a starter it always says 10 strength, 12 magic attack, and 13 speed. I'm guessing that maybe you have to wait until the breeder for a good version. Yes, Myaneeko is crap. Complete crap. And from what I've seen so far, Kumori's team isn't complete crap. It probably will be crap against Irodium, because he has no ice or magic types. If Octoross has crap, what about Kage or Kuro? I like coppying admin teams, it's a nice challenge. Also, is it possible to catch Viralight? I've seen tamers use them, but I've never found one. And I actually have a Ratsal that's doing pretty good with Bite at least now, and I also equipped it with a Power Bracelet. Yes I know you can't get them in the early game, I brought it with the Manamon on Kumori's team after I Skirialed the first stadium. Maybe I should try Skirial past level 17 or 18 and see how it goes. It looks good, but this thing better get Rage Bug or Fang Drain or something, Bugbite and Venum Shot are kinda crap later in the game.

2017-01-31 02:44:56

A few things:

1. Skirial will get Rage Bug, but its stats never get all that good. It's also weak to damn near everything under the sun.
2. My guide says where to find Viralite. Hint: look in places where people once lived, and are now shocked by ruin.
3. Personally I think Kuro's team is probably the best of the admins, but Kumori's isn't terrible. Octoross's teams suck though.
4. Get used to Bite. It's Ratsal's strongest attack. Not even kidding. I suppose Power Punch is stronger, but Ratsal won't get a same-type attack bonus for it. Ratiera actually has half-decent attack, but its defenses are modest at best and it lives with a terrible moveset. Two hits from most things and it's dead. If you're gonna use a poison type, at least go with Thundron/Turoison, who have some redeeming qualities to recommend them (they're still bad, but they're better than Ratiera).

2017-01-31 04:52:26

Also, I think I might have just discovered a potentially workable strategy for poor Sullorb.

Step 1: Use Eternal Vortex, pray that it hits.
Step 2: Use Sturdy Stone, and you will definitely not die
Step 3: Use a healing item
Step 4: Use an attack (Spirit Force, Rock Barrage, Stone Throw), assuming you know you won't die
Step 5: Sturdy Stone
Step 6: Healing item
Repeat till your foe croaks. Takes forever, but on the plus side, you don't die.
You do have to get lucky with Eternal Vortex, and this obviously doesn't work on undead. But you can use Spirit Force to shave off maybe 1/3 or 1/2 of their HP before you bite the dust.
Still wish this thing had Rock Avalanche and/or Aura Master/Meteor Rush. Would give the Sturdy Stone thing some more viability, and would mean it's not yet another gimick.

Craggalem also has surprising defense on both sides. Can he please, please get Earthquake/Rock Avalanche/Tunnel/something that isn't a stone or earth attack one day? When he still has Guard Up at level 49, it tells me someone got uninspired when creating his level-up moves list.

Ghoperto cries out for Spirit Force.

Frenrir wishes its ice attack was more accurate.

Manamon wish they were better.

Yadda yadda yadda. Back to the grind I go.

2017-01-31 10:32:21 (edited by pulseman45 2017-01-31 14:25:50)

@arqmeister: I feel pretty much exactly like you, I think you said it all.
On another note, Octoross's team is indeed really bad, Terrufalo took out most of it in my second playthrough, and if I gave it the gravity magnet it would have taken out even more of it.
@Pika-san: Right now the best thing you can do is to search for some tracks on youtube, by looking at the credits. I managed to find the music of Mineruf Tunnel and Mount Sindar this way. What would have been appreciated is if the credits were so that we could know what was composed for the game and what was not. I am especially curious about my 3 favorite tracks, Orianda City, SnowStar City and Manalith Factory, though the fact there are two versions of that track seems to mean it was composed for the game.
@Jayde: I still have my brother's GBC allong with a bunch of Pokemon games, but the save batteries are dead, at least in the 2G games, for some reason they still work in the 1G ones. So I would happily do as you said, but even then that's not so easy, for Pokemon Crystal for example.

2017-01-31 11:18:26

Yeah, that's the issue with the older games. The internal batteries are dead, so you can't save and the game can't tell time, which means a bunch of stuff related to time of day and day of the week is busted.
And Manamon has a clock in it, which tells both the day and the time. Putting in stuff that's based on the time of day or day of the week would not have been too terribly hard, given everything else that's here.

I think some of the tracks were definitely made for the game by people listed in the credits/in the manual. Not all of it is original but I think a fair bit is. There are some nice tracks here actually. A few of my favourites, in no particular order:
Admin boss fight
Opal Bay (don't know why, either)
Big boss fight (octoross, yavin)
Orianda City (very whimsical feel to it, which I like)
Stadium Leader fight (nicely epic, actually, without being speedy and thrashy)
Octoross/Yavin cutscene (it's in B minor, and it's very contemplative)

Now, a couple I didn't like:
Shadow Children hideout (maybe I just hated the area enough that I dislike the music by association, but I find this track really grates)
Hansha Village (this sounds almost like it wants to be Christmas or something, has a festive feel that doesn't suit the village in my opinion)
Belltower (clangy and annoying after the first loop or so)
Factory (it suits the area, but I've just never liked it; also feels a little bit like Sylph Co. from the original pokemon games, minus the annoying teleport puzzles)
Mallorene Valley/Orianda Fields (just feels uninspired and I don't care for it)

Now I hope it goes without saying that all of the above, regarding music, is nothing more or less than personal opinion. Your mileage may vary on what you like and what you don't, and sound design (including music) was something manamon largely did right. I loved the cheering in the stadiums, I liked a lot of the background ambiance, and if I was a bit less than thrilled at a few of the tracks, that can be said of virtually any video game I've ever played, so that's not a point against this particular project.

2017-01-31 14:14:57

hi,
I really liked most of the battle music as well. I wish there was a way to get the erodium and admin battle music somehow.  I asume there is, if it was not composed for this game.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-01-31 14:37:56 (edited by pulseman45 2017-01-31 14:39:32)

In some ways, the music in Orianda City reminds me of Laverre City from Pokemon X & Y. It does feel apropriate in a sens because Laverre has a fairy type gym and Orianda a magic type stadium. But I think Orianda City has the best track overall, if I really want to compare the two.
I was not that impressed by the battle music, though the track for the Mythical manamon was cool, and I may search for it. The track for the Octoross/Yavin last battle is epic, but to me it sounds to cliché in a way, I feel like I heard it a hundred times before.
Also, as said abov, congratulations for making the track for the stadium leader fights epic while not being thrashy. I have very few memories of tracks in videogames that were composed in a somewhat similar way or with the same objective, the only two I have in mind now are "Fourth Empire's Radar Site" from Star Gladiator, and "Dracula's Chamber" in Super Castlevania IV, even though they sound very different to each other.

2017-01-31 16:06:18 (edited by boy 2017-01-31 16:14:22)

I have no problem with any of the music in this game. I like to keep it turned down so I can focus more on the game, but I actually like some of the ones that one of the people didn't like. Hansha Village: I think it's supposed to be happy sounding because the first time you get their you have your Manamon back from Octoross. Bell Tower: well it has bells in it, kind of fits the place. Secret Hideout, well I kind of don't understand this one. It's strange. Also I noticed something about the Mt. Cindar BGM. It's kinda lower pitched and almost sad sounding compared to the version on Youtube. And no I'm not uploading this but if you really, want the admin boss, Master Stadium final battle or any otheo battle music, I have them recorded with no other sounds in them. Same with the others. And the factory: I think it's pretty good to fit the area like the Belltower. Notice the beeps. And the cool thing about it is that you can here people singing in it. I don't know what they're saying, but their are voices. Same with the Mythical Battle. It sounds like they're saying "way strong, way strong". And now, it's time for the Viralight line. I got from the Amica Ruins, guessing you can find them in other ruins as well. Also, the Drabao line actually isn't that rare in the first part of the Orianda Field Ruins. Viralight can't even survive, unless I do the level 60 something standard type trick. Take it to a place with a level 60 or 70 standard type, minus Domestress because of the "no destroying Domestress rule" and defeat something with a Viralight. I got to level 27.

2017-01-31 20:17:48

Viralite is terrible. It's utterly and completely busted. An annoyer with fairly low HP and bad stats? Sorry, it doesn't work. An annoyer has to have the stats to survive if its annoying moves don't hit (and let's remember how much this game loves inaccurate moves). As a ghost-air type it's weak to a bunch of stuff, neutral to a bunch of stuff, and immune to three types (standard, fighting, earth)...which all doesn't matter if Tidal Wave from a Friggle damn near kills it.

2017-02-01 00:05:10

So, I think I've stumbled across a foolproof way to find Myaneko. Note that I said "find", not "catch".

1. go to Brightwater Trail.
2. Encounter at least 40 Boibul, 40 Eagawk, 40 Squirmunk and 40 Trumer
3. Close the game, and go eat something. Seriously. The game knows if you do, and you'll never see Myaneko if you don't meet all these requirements.
4. Load Manamon up again
5. Repeat step 2
6. Myaneko will appear. It is imperative that you inflict it with a status condition immediately (sleep is good, paralysis is good, confusion is also good)
7. Lower Myaneko's health to 5% or lower. This is tricky because of Myaneko's huge HP and awful defenses, but you've got to do it. Try and keep the status constantly in play.
8. Start throwing giganets. Meganets or mananets won't do. Alternatively, if you miraculously have yourself a gammanet still, feel free to use it here. Seriously. expect that Myaneko will escape from at least 3-5 giganets with fewer than three bounces each, even if inflicted with a major status problem like sleep or paralysis, even at 5%HP or lower.
Step 9: Myaneko will teleport away.
Step 10: repeat from step 2

If you're still here I hope you recognize this for the half-assed satire/sarcasm that it is. However, I'm not kidding about those numbers. That's exactly what happened to me trying to find Myaneko. So here are the issues I have with this. Aaron, if you're still listening, this is something I forgot in my email a couple of weeks back, and it's something that really, really needs addressing.

1. This thing appears to have the lowest catch rate of any non-mythical. I could be wrong on this, but it seems to escape even at low HP and with status conditions.
2. This thing is probably more busted than Viralite, all told. It gets exactly one ability, which raises its attack (weak stat) when it kills things (which it has trouble doing, given its awful defenses and not-too-good attacking stats. It's only got speed and HP going for it, which doesn't matter much.
3. It's rare. Like rarer than Drabao. I haven't seen anything else even close to this rare.
4. it teleports? On top of freaking everything else, it freaking teleports? Are you serious?
5. This combination is really, really disappointing. Usually when something is a real pain to catch, there's a good reason for it. I don't howl too loudly when Ziognioss or Tabalus can kill themselves with confusion, because they're mythicals. I don't like theIrroadium thing, but that's what the gammanet's for. But something rare, hard to catch and utterly busted? Well, I have to catch this thing if I want to finish the manapedia, but I can safely tell you that it stopped being any kind of fun about an hour ago. It is bad enough that if I knew of some way to cheat a Myaneko into my file, I'd do it. Yes, it's that bad. As I said, if it was a really great manamon, then maybe, maybe I'd deal with it. But it's not. It's probably the worst in the game, yet it's the rarest and arguably the hardest to catch. That's not fun. That's tedium. When a player puts in a lot of effort or time, they expect some sort of worthwhile reward for it. I mean, this fight vs. the doctor is not that big a deal. Maybe I'll be able to get Peggisen without having 157 of 157 manamon, and I can just ignore myaneko altogether. Yes, it's that bad. It's that disheartening.

My suggestions, in order or most to least ideal:
1. Make Myaneko a lot better.
2. Make it a whole lot less rare, but let it remain bad and let it keep Teleport
3. Leave it rare, but just remove Teleport from its move list, that way once you find it, it won't get away

I dunno. Maybe there is some super-ultra-top-secret square to stand on, or path to run back and forth in, to get Myaneko more commonly. But I was freaking everywhere on that trail, and my 161st encounter was a Myaneko which I confused andaparalyzed, whittled down to 4%HP, wasted three giganets on, then lost because it broke out of confusion, avoided full paralysis and teleported.
Enough is enough already.

2017-02-01 01:03:25 (edited by boy 2017-02-01 01:07:48)

Another way is to get to that part in Tangeria tower when you have the stadium leader with you. Escape from the tower, go to Brightwater trail, and look. I found and caught a Myaneeko with one gigganet in 5 minutes. The first one I found, got killed by the Terruffalo that the stadium leader was using. The second time it tunneled and killed something else. So I caught a Myaneeko at 1 percent with a gigganet. And then I bread it. And then I leveled it up to 35. And from there, I couldn't take it. Myaneeko is crap. C R A P crap.

2017-02-01 01:13:17

hi boy,
Could you send those music files to me if possible?  I'd pm you, but the feature is disabled.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-02-01 01:32:24

Oh, hmm, that sounds buggy. I didn't think Dustin would actually accompany you outside of the tower. I mean, with Yavin you have no other way out, but with Dustin, I've just never tried leaving. It's interesting though, since the encounter rate outside the tower is quite good, and this might be a neat way to level up. That said, I get pretty good exp by just staying inside the tower and whomping whatever I see, so it might be a moot point.

2017-02-01 04:30:42

And, talk about random luck going the other way.

Was trying to go to Dimbranch Jungle to catch a Torto. First thing I found was a Myaneko. Used Knockout Venom to put it to sleep, took it to about 55% health. Hit it again, brought it to about 7% health, still asleep. Used a giganet, bang!
Also, it's pretty sad when something using Knockout Venom almost two-shots that cat. It had a huge level advantage, but still. It doesn't come near doing that to anything else at a comparable level.

Took the doctor down, and got a whole ton of exp and gold. Peggisen appears to be another gimick, though having moves of that many types is nice. Found a random level-up herb in the jungle that I missed, which brings my total to 19 (18 because I used one, but yeah). Also took Seinarus down.
So now all I have to do is a personal challenge of mine. Take down the upgraded master stadium with a team of nonlegendaries. I'm not restricting myself beyond that though, and I've already partially prepared half the team (Fiendour, Mondevol, Sacroloon). Thinking to round it out with Grandlan, Eksponge/Dramagon and Martiagle.