2017-01-23 21:52:26

I think it could be on your end, worked perfectly over here, even finished the game

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-01-23 22:12:33

jack wrote:

No, autoelevate doesn't autoland your plane, that alines you vertically with enemies. Landing is all manual. No, racer 1 is not the fighter, it's a battleship at first, unless you're in the simulators at which point you would've heard Captain Chase tell you you're in race 1, or something.

Well I do mission mode, start game and hear Race 1  so I'm not sure what's going on after the cutscene, I just wail on Racer 1.

If it's a battleship then what's it doing up at 15,000ft? Also, I hit E in the landing bit of the training when it locked onto the radio beacon for landing and it started descending so I'm not entirely sure what was going on with that really, I have a feeling something was slightly broken in tha that training run mind...also yes I seriously hate that battleship, I keep diving to avoid missiles and smacking into the ground...or not being able to get a lock on it.. I launch two or three cruise missiles at it yet nothing seems to happen. Hm....

Time to go try another strategy and see what goes on with this opening mission.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-01-23 22:19:06 (edited by jack 2017-02-12 06:21:30)

Well if you're in race 1, take off, then follow the turns. Buzzing sounds indicate where the turns are. As for landing, hitting the e key isn't gonna work. Start gently descending by tapping pageup a few times to decrease your angle of attack. To check your altitude, go into hud mode with the tab key, and hit a. You want the landing beacon to be at 12:00. You need to be with 5 miles or less of the beacon. Once you get close enough, it you don't hear that solid lock tone because it quickly disappears, don't worry too much about that, because as long as you're within 5 miles or less, you're fine. You can check by hitting tab for hud mode, and pressing t to get your active target. When you're below 1000 feet, take out your landing gear with the g key. Keep in mind that to land, your angle of attack should be at around -20, the hud command for that is n. And your speed needs to be down to the point where you're hearing a stall warning and the we're too loose! warning. If all this goes well, you'll land smoothly.

2017-01-23 22:48:59 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-01-23 22:49:57)

also FYI, most of this is in the manual... it's a very well written one too
one bug I did find though is the cutscene with turner explaining about the simulations doesn't actually play even though it exists, or at least it didn't over here

2017-01-24 00:46:55

Could someone please make a version of this game that will run easily like any other windows program. Something that will check and tell you what files to install. I could not get the game to run I will keep trying though. Thank you for putting this out there I remember many hours of playing it.

2017-01-24 03:24:34

hi, Diegogaribay. The game does run like any other windows program, there's a compiled binary in /bin/release x86/tdv. Keep in mind that you will need directx and .net framework 3.5, look back to an earlier post where I have a link to the installer for directx, since the link mentioned earlier on Microsoft's site appears to be broken or changed. As for the simulators scene, yeah, I noticed that. With the sounds folder open, you can technically now play it, it's ri.ogg. @dd: Yeah, it might be. I know I destroyed a bunch of choppers after that scene, and all that's left on the radar are tanks, guardtowers and sam-batteries, no blaze, even though he should've appeared. I know I took a trip to the carrier since being in the u sectors I was close enough to be able to avoid calling another refuel tanker. Maybe that had something to do with it. Just in case, I have the slots filled with saves at different points in the game, so if I need to go back and redo something I can, but once I destroyed the choppers I should be able to find Brutus, unless I lost him and he's out of the radar's view.

2017-01-24 04:18:29

you can't lose him, he teleports next to you if you get too far like how james did if you ran away in the original TH
on your game though did it actually play the scene where he comes out? if not you might still have either the towers, the bridge or both to blow up

2017-01-24 04:22:56

While I only played the demo, I loved the menu music from TDV 1. Is that available somewhere?

2017-01-24 05:15:29

I blew up the bridge. The cut scene that played was the conversation with Brutus after he intercepted the channel. I destroyed some choppers, and now I have like 10 or so guardtowers in the radar. I'm assuming take them all down? I took quite a few down before landing on the carrier.

2017-01-24 06:03:37

that would be why, you still have the radar stations to go I do believe, find those and take em out, though I can't remember where they are now

2017-01-24 06:23:28 (edited by jack 2017-01-24 06:23:50)

Oh, I got those. Bot h of them, that's why I got the scene with Brutus in it. I'm talking about the choppers that appear after that scene, not the first round of choppers that came before the radar stations. I already took care of those.

2017-01-24 06:56:34 (edited by jack 2017-01-24 06:57:17)

Kev, unless Munawar plans to release the sounds from tdv1, that old menu track isn't available directly. It was also custom made so you won't find it anywhere else. Now the main menu music has been replaced with, can't help noticing, a slightly modified and slowed down version of the victory theme. lol

2017-01-24 22:19:04

jack wrote:

hi, Diegogaribay. The game does run like any other windows program, there's a compiled binary in /bin/release x86/tdv. Keep in mind that you will need directx and .net framework 3.5, look back to an earlier post where I have a link to the installer for directx, since the link mentioned earlier on Microsoft's site appears to be broken or changed. As for the simulators scene, yeah, I noticed that. With the sounds folder open, you can technically now play it, it's ri.ogg. @dd: Yeah, it might be. I know I destroyed a bunch of choppers after that scene, and all that's left on the radar are tanks, guardtowers and sam-batteries, no blaze, even though he should've appeared. I know I took a trip to the carrier since being in the u sectors I was close enough to be able to avoid calling another refuel tanker. Maybe that had something to do with it. Just in case, I have the slots filled with saves at different points in the game, so if I need to go back and redo something I can, but once I destroyed the choppers I should be able to find Brutus, unless I lost him and he's out of the radar's view.

Hi,
Are you playing from a saved game? If so, can you send me your game file? Thanks! I've made an issue for the other problem you pointed out that ri.ogg isn't playing: https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity/issues/3

Thanks for letting me know.

2017-01-24 23:01:43 (edited by Niklas 2017-01-24 23:03:06)

@munawar, it would be fantastic if it could made possible to get and play treasure hunt again as welll. From what I understand, three-d velocity is a kind of sequel to TH, is that correct? I would even pay for TH if it would be possible to get it. So, the full story could be experienced. BTW: How long does it take to play through TH and three-d velocity?

2017-01-25 00:30:11 (edited by jack 2017-01-28 20:30:38)

Niklas, you're correct in that tdv2 is the sequel to treasure hunt. It started out as cloning malice2: The Reconstruction, with a trailer somewhere that showed some treasure hunt mechanics since the game was at first based off of Treasure Hunt, but it later evolved into tdv1 and now tdv2. Treasure Hunt was the fps. Unfortunately Th can't be purchased or registered with an official patch as Munawar doesn't have visual basic6 anymore. AS for how long it takes to beat them, well that depends. Having played Treasure Hunt a lot I can safely say it's beatable in under an hour once you get familiar with all the locations. Munawar himself wrote a guide on how to get to the various essential locations in the game if you're stuck, but bare in mind you'll have to find the patrol guard with the master key before going further. Tdv can take a few hours, and I wouldn't use your afterburners unless you really need to, around 684 knots is a good speed, or one press of the down arrow to disengage the burners.

2017-01-25 05:07:55

Well, is as I regards like it's the cloning malice series?

73 Wj3u

2017-01-25 10:37:04

Hi Everyone

I have a problem. After the simulation scene has played at the beginning, an error pops up and when I check the log the error description is unknown. Can someone please tell me how to fix this.

2017-01-25 15:18:13 (edited by jack 2017-01-25 15:19:39)

Could you send the error log our way, Rpgtank? Also it would be helpful to know what os you're running. I for example a running on a windows xp vm and I haven't gotten that error.

2017-01-26 00:38:28

I wish I could script NSIS installer for this thing but I'm stupid like that, lol. Either way its easy enough to create a shortcut from //tdv/bin/releasex86, all you gotta do is context key on tdv.exe and send to desktop.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-26 01:08:09

I've noticed a really strange bug. Your airspeed seems to increase, reach about 1100 then immediately reset to like 200.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-01-26 03:17:47 (edited by nyanchan 2017-01-26 03:19:14)

Firstly, I'm glad to see that my most favorite flight simulator is still alive and fully accessible. I bought it when it was v1 and enjoyed it very much.
The version 2 of the game looks nearly completed. All cut seenes are rerecorded and some controls seem to have been completely rewritten. What were things remaining for this actually? If memory serves, V2 was sold at bpcprograms when it was still a active project.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-01-26 03:25:17 (edited by rpgtank 2017-01-26 03:36:35)

This is the log I get.

Error log, created with build version 2.23.0.14388:
Error base exception: SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x887D0003], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown
   at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.DirectSound.DirectSoundBase.CreateSoundBuffer(SoundBufferDescription cDSBufferDescRef, IntPtr& dSBufferOut, ComObject unkOuterRef)
   at SharpDX.DirectSound.SecondarySoundBuffer..ctor(DirectSound dSound, SoundBufferDescription bufferDescription)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.LoadSound3d(String FileName, Double MDistance, Double MaxDistance, Boolean useFull3DEmulation) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 262
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.LoadSound3d(String FileName, Boolean useFull3DEmulation) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 292
   at TDV.Aircraft.loadSounds() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:line 1403
   at TDV.Aircraft..ctor(Int16 direction, Int16 maxSpeed, String name, Boolean isAI, Track currentTrack) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:line 599
   at TDV.Common.startGame() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 761
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 365
Error Description: HRESULT: [0x887D0003], Module: [Unknown], ApiCode: [Unknown/Unknown], Message: Unknown
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.DirectSound.DirectSoundBase.CreateSoundBuffer(SoundBufferDescription cDSBufferDescRef, IntPtr& dSBufferOut, ComObject unkOuterRef)
   at SharpDX.DirectSound.SecondarySoundBuffer..ctor(DirectSound dSound, SoundBufferDescription bufferDescription)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.LoadSound3d(String FileName, Double MDistance, Double MaxDistance, Boolean useFull3DEmulation) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 262
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.LoadSound3d(String FileName, Boolean useFull3DEmulation) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 292
   at TDV.Aircraft.loadSounds() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:line 1403
   at TDV.Aircraft..ctor(Int16 direction, Int16 maxSpeed, String name, Boolean isAI, Track currentTrack) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:line 599
   at TDV.Common.startGame() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 761
   at TDV.GUI.startGame() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 365

I am using the 64 bit version of windows 10 home addition with an intel i7 processor.

2017-01-26 03:27:06

probably missiprobably missing directx

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-26 03:38:06

I installed the version of direct x found earlier in this topic.

2017-01-26 06:20:28

Perhaps try a different directx installer? Also make sure you have .net framework 3.5 installed, and remove any traces of previously stored tdv appdata by deleting the bpcprograms directory from your appdata folder.