2017-01-23 00:27:44

Crashmaster, it doesn't look like Treasure Hunt will be able to be open sourced. Munawar doesn't have a copy of vb6 anymore, so it doesn't look like treasure hunt can be modified. So no original reg patch can be made. I even had a license key for it that is no longer functional due to being on a different machine.

2017-01-23 00:50:21

so I'm trying to run this now, my problem is though it says there was an error and that a log was generated... I just can't find said error log, lol
could anybody help please? I'm running win 10 64 bit, comp automatically installed .net for me which was cool

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-01-23 01:26:46

Hi DD,
Please have a look at post 22 in this thread. I  address the issue there.

2017-01-23 01:56:51 (edited by jack 2017-01-23 02:38:55)

And make sure you delete your old config. %appdata% just go ahead and delete the bpc programs folder under appdata and rerun. You should be good to go from there provided you've got all the dependencies.

2017-01-23 02:20:25 (edited by Sean-Terry01 2017-01-23 02:30:44)

Hi, could someone please post a link or links to all the needed dependencies to properly run TDV on windows 10. I pressed enter on the EXE file, and In error log was generated but, I can't seem to find it. The same happened when trying to run TDV in Admin mode. Thanks so much for all your help in advance.
Edit
I clicked on the link in post 22, and It says "We're sorry, But the page you are looking for could not be found." I'm not sure what to do as far as getting DirectX or any of the other needed items to have TDV run on windows 10. Thanks again.

2017-01-23 02:43:56

Yet another case of Microsoft's download pages changing. *sigh* Thanks, Ms. Fortunately, I have a copy of the directx web installer, and I'll upload it. Alright, done. download it here That should install the x-audio2 dependencies the error mentioned. You'll also need a copy of the .net framework v3.5. That download page hasn't broken, so you should be able to search that one up on google. If you've installed that and you're still encountering an error, remember that you'll want to delete any previous data from any existing copy of tdv2 you were using before before you use this new build. %appdata% and delete the bpc directory.

2017-01-23 03:32:28

Ok, so, I apparently have directX and the latest version of the .NetFrameWork installed. and I'm still getting an error. It follows below.

Error log, created with build version 2.23.0.3664:
Error base exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238
Error Description: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack trace:    at SharpDX.XAudio2.MasteringVoice..ctor(XAudio2 device, Int32 inputChannels, Int32 inputSampleRate, Int32 deviceIndex)
   at BPCSharedComponent.ExtendedAudio.DSound.initializeOgg() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\shared\BPCSharedComponent\DSound.cs:line 132
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 81
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238

I'm not sure what's happening here. after installing these this, I made sure to delete the BPCPrograms folder from app data, but, it's still giving me the above error.

2017-01-23 04:39:09

Well munawar, really thanks for turn free this great project.
I complete tdv1, but never (until now) y can complete tdv2.

Thanks for all. waiting to the aperture of the free servers

2017-01-23 04:46:41

Hi all. Update. I had to find the offline installer for DirectX. But, it is now installed and TDV runs with no problem. I don't even have to run it in admin mode.

2017-01-23 06:53:48

I actually wrote a response to your message munawar but apparently never actually hit the submit button, lol
thanks, it was the DX, although originally I'd figured it wasn't since win 10 comes with 12, although apparently the web installer has some stuff 12 does not

2017-01-23 07:24:39

Hi Guys,
I'm back to clear up confusion and to follow up smile

TDV is not abandonware, it's open source. There's a difference. There seems to be a rumor going around that the project is dead. It was dead, until I open sourced it. My hope is that now that it's open source, it's removed the pressures of maintaining a commercial product when there's no time to actually maintain it. So, the bugs and features you post on the issues page of TDV's github will be tended to. I do plan to actively develop TDV.

sanslash332 wrote:

Well munawar, really thanks for turn free this great project.
I complete tdv1, but never (until now) y can complete tdv2.

Thanks for all. waiting to the aperture of the free servers

Hi Sanslash332,
You're welcome. I am glad you are enjoying it and thanks for the appreciation smile The server will be released eventually. I am not sure when, but rest assured I will release it.

Dd, I'm glad you got your TDV working. Apparently there are a few different versions of the DX Web Installer floating around (?). Can you post the link to the one you downloaded that installed XAudio2? When BPC was around, I'd link people to the SharpDX installer, but you don't need to have SharpDX installed globally to run TDV so it's a little overkill.

2017-01-23 07:53:52

hi munawar,
the one I used was this one, DX end user runtime is all it says
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … mp;nowin10

2017-01-23 08:03:05 (edited by SkyLord 2017-01-23 08:09:08)

Hi, munawar! i have just got my tdv fully working, and wow, really? it will remain free, opensourced, and you will be developing it? just wow... I really like this game, but can't avoid crashing with another fighter jet... sad
Edit: @39, agreed. Also, is only me having that bug? in training mode, after i destroy fighter 2 with guns, nothing happens and i'm just stuck?

2017-01-23 08:05:34

Hi,

@Munawar, welcome back!
Its nice to see you doing well and I am sure many would love to give tdv a go the ones who couldn't previously.
I have played around with tdv 1,but never had a chance to try 2,before your website went down,so it is certainly good to see it up on github.
So, 1 question. What's different or new in 2 as compared to tdv 1?
excited for the server to come out. dogfights with people should be epic fun!

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-23 08:55:43

then what happened to tdv1?

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2017-01-23 09:10:10

Hi Munawar.
It's so great to see you back. I was starting to fear that you had disappeared forever... smile I hope you are okay as well.
It's awesome to see TDV as open source, and it's even better to hear that you'll still work on it.
I look very much forward to the server. I'll host a stable server when it's released. Keep up the fantastic job. No stress, just work on it when you feel like doing it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-23 10:10:48

Hi all. I completed this game once yesterday, and i felt i'll complete it once more, but. Something's stupid with the Dark Blaze aircraft. When i try to lock on it, it just turns around, i cant seem to get a clear lock on it whatever i try. Any help would be appreciated!

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-01-23 14:34:02

Hi
thanks you for this news.
tdv is a great audiogame.
greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2017-01-23 16:37:19 (edited by jack 2017-02-12 06:16:27)

Just thought I'd throw this out there so that you'll be ready when it comes. For those who are used to tdv1's scene layout, the Trask scene, o5.ogg, is not just a cutscene anymore. When the Colonel says, figured it out eh Captain Chase, well I'm afraid you're a little too late for that, get ready to control Captain Chase in some fighting with Trask. You'll be walking around the room by holding down any of the 4 arrows, and he'll be running around till he finds you, and when he does, he'll be ready to attack, so watch out for that. This is difficult as you have to get on the same row as he is, as well as center him. When you got a hold on him you can get some good punches in, or grab him by holding down to alt key to pick him up, then you can walk to a wall or anywhere else, then releasing alt will gently, I mean forcefully, throw him down, or up against a wall if you're there. The streetfighter like design of the stuns should be familiar if you've played streetfighter, i e, when you hear birds, someone is stunned. The louder birds in the center most likely mean you are stunned, and boy does he have some fun with you if you are, and he is as well, and you two are very close. You don't want that. Because if he recovers before you, he'll try and finish the job while you're still down by punching you yet again then running off. However, if you get up before he does, as long as he's close to you, you now have the upper hand, and can punch him repeatedly or throw him again to keep the stunning pattern going. Keep doing it till the scene changes and Larson comes in.

2017-01-23 17:06:33

I'm not even going near the story missions yet, I'm just confused by the racing bits, I wasn't expecting it, I honestly thought TDV's story mode was sort of Ace Combat-esque, get a briefing text read to me, hit enter, be thrown into the mission with exposition dialog and kept up on the story in the missions.

Nope, I just watch the opening cutscene about anyone can be a clone, even my RIO and then go from there...

Still, liking the game a lo, it's frenetic on keys but worth it, I'm, getting a huge Top Gun type vibe from this.

Not found this anywhere but....what's the LTS for and interceptors? I guessed the interceptors shoot down missiles right but the LTS? I can get a solid lock tone but hitting space, no dice.

Also, if I land do I get my weapons rearmed and plane refuelled?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-01-23 18:29:33 (edited by jack 2017-02-12 06:19:24)

The lts is the laser tagging system. Cruise missiles depend on it. Cruise missiles are fully radar-guided autopilot missiles that lock on to a target through the lts. So what you do is when you hear that solid lock tone, which I take it you are hearing it, then hit space or your trigger if you're using a controller. If done right you should hear your rio say something like, we've got the fucker! Time to kick some ass! You should only have to hit space once. Now switch to the cruise missile and let'em have it! You're correct in that the interceptors essentially deflect oncoming missiles. It's not a permanent/temporary shield, it just shoots at missiles to intercept them. If you're stuck at the beginning, essentially what you have to do is vector north-northeast to reach the island, around a 60degree course, and keep that course until the next scene. You'll encounter a fighter along the way, so when you hear him start firing missiles, you should take him down. Chase did say that you should fire sparingly at the beginning, but this guy's eventually gonna take you down if you don't, so might as well. It's only one so you won't attract too much attention. And when you land on the aircraft carrier, you'll get a full refueling and rearming of your aircraft every time you successfully do so. If you dispatch a refuel tanker, you'll get refueled, but only partially rearmed, and you only get 5 of those so I'd be mindful of when you use those. If you're under attack and are low on integrity/weapons, that would be the right time to call one to get enough partial integrity to kill off the fighter, then once you're safe I'd land if I were you. Just make sure you're a distance away from the fighter when you call the refuel tanker.

2017-01-23 18:54:08

one minor correction though, lol that's not a fighter, that's a battleship and SAM batteries
I've come to the conclusion though that I really really do not like missiles, heh either they don't fly straight enough to actually hit ground targets for decent damage, or I just suck at aiming them, which would apply to fighter battles too

2017-01-23 19:03:41

jack wrote:

The lts is the laser tagging system. Cruise missiles depend on it. Cruise missiles are fully radar-guided autopilot missiles that lock on to a target through the lts. So what you do is when you hear that solid lock tone, which I take it you are hearing it, then hit space or your trigger if you're using a controller. If don right you should hear your rio say something like, we've got the fucker! Time to kick some ass! You should only have to hit space once. Now switch to the cruise missile and let'em have it! You're correct in that the interceptors essentially deflect oncoming missiles. It's not a permanent/temporary shield, it just shoots at missiles to intercept them. If you're stuck at the beginning, essentially what you have to do is vector north-northeast to reach the island, around a 60degree course, and keep that course until the next scene. You'll encounter a fighter along the way, so when you hear him start firing missiles, you should take him don. Chase did say that you should fire sparingly at the beginning, but this guy's eventually gonna take you down if you don't, so might as well. It's only one so you won't attract too much attention. And when you land on the aircraft carrier, you'll get a full refueling and rearming of your aircraft every time you successfully do so. If you dispatch a refuel tanker, you'll get refueled, but only partially rearmed, and you only get 5 of those so I'd be mindful of when you use those. If you're under attack and are low on integrity/weapons, that would be the right time to call one to get enough partial integrity to kill off the fighter, then once you're safe I'd land if I were you. Just make sure you're a distance away from the fighter when you call the refuel tanker.

Ahh that explains it, thank you smile I was wondering if it was like a laser blast or something tongue

So does  the LTS apply to the numral missiles (the 2 key) or just the cruise missiles? Also, is that fighter Racer 1 in the opening mission? I decided to wipe him out with a cruise missile. I just tend to do a nice line in diving away from missiles and somehow forget keep an ear out on my altitude.

Minor thing I dislike is when I'm below 10,000 ft the low altitude alarm, I sometimes can't hear the RIO well enough.

Also, am I right in thinking if I slow down enough I can hit E to auto altitude  and effectively land the plane by itself? I just don't like the constant alarms going off on landing, in the training I had to redo it 3 or 4 times simply because I didn't hear instructor telling me what to do next.
Also, guns seem way, way more terrifying then they have any right to be...just throwing that out there...instructoinstructtor

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2017-01-23 20:21:18

No, autoelevate doesn't autoland your plane, that alines you vertically with enemies. Landing is all manual. No, racer 1 is not the fighter, it's a battleship at first, unless you're in the simulators at which point you would've heard Captain Chase tell you you're in race 1, or something.

2017-01-23 21:51:12

I have actually encountered a problem, not sure if it's a bug or I'm actually missing something, but Dark Blaze aka Brutus isn't showing up after I destroy all the choppers. I"m at around u21, even destroyed a few guardtowers, and a few fighters.