2017-01-17 18:51:30

Hi all,
So, after years of staying with FS2004 and FSNAV(dated, I know), I decided to go with the flow and buy the FSX Steam edition, and am probably going to buy IYP as well in the near future.
A question for those of you who use this program: I'm able to launch the FSX, but seem to be stuck on what looks to be an fs insider webpage at startup with a tun of unlabeled links. anyone know how to get out of this?
Thanks much,

Daniel

2017-01-17 20:49:33

Hi.
Yeah. You have to close the program again and relaunch it, it's just a one timer.
When you are back in it, you will have to use your mouse to scroll around the arria to find a row of buttons on top of each other,
I think they are from top to bottom free flight, missions, multy player, options, lessons, credit, but I am not sure on this one though.
greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-17 21:00:52

Its tricky, needs your screen reader's cursor commands like jaws cursor or NVDA object nav, you have to out of the containing object and look around for the sidebar buttons, home, contacts, free flight, missions, settings, etc. no tab support in that thing

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-17 21:41:30

Hi,
Thanks both for the replys...
Anoyingly, I can't seem to find a way of getting out of that bluddy webpage, as it doesn't seem to be a one-time thing...
Any further suggestions?

Thanks much,

Daniel

2017-01-18 21:03:09

Go to object nav, and do nvda+up unti you hear home dialogue. Go up one more time, and go left.  You'll see the buttons if you keep going left.  It's tricky, but doable.  Funny thing is most of this stuff could possibly be made accessible with an addon.  I'd love to see one for fsx, and maybe fspassengers.  Maybe asn, but maybe not.  Only other addon I'm thinking of getting is my traffic x for more ai traffic as I like hearing all the things around me and that would add to it.

2017-01-18 21:58:42

From memory the free flight mode is  either the second or third one down, I believe  if you launch it, it'll automatically go back to that menu next time but don't quote me on that, I haven't used FSX in a while honestly, I got frustrated with the things it doesn't do outside of highly scripted missions and its issues. I'm not even going to look at P3D, I  get  alot of people telling me oh yeah go get P3D.

I would...but....eh....the licensing issue is the issue.

I can't afford $500 or whatever it is now for a student license....and legally LM can't sell it for entertainment purposes or home users due to an agreement iwth MS back int he day.

So yeah, it's either FSX and its showrtcomings or older flight sims.

Or X Plane but that has its own issues....

That being said, FSX is a pain in the tail to set up right, I used to use MCE and more often than not Multi Crew Experience would just bug out on me on flights on a clean install,  or require me to restart FSX and MCE to picvk up a changed plane.

I've looked at IYP but the $60 price is a red flag to me. Is it really worth it if I grab FSX from Steam downloads again, is it actually worth it if I'm just going to base myself out of one airport and go from there? THe issue I have with FSX is this:

No matter what settings I use, I always get horrible frame rate drops in/around congested areas even on the lowest settings yet my machine blows the recommended specs out of the water. I've been told by a lot of people and sources it's a 32 bit program issue but eh....not buying that

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-01-20 18:33:32

Weird, having none of those issues.  The steam edition has been working fine, but it does not remember your choices, it stays on the home screen when you first launch it.  P3d a lot of people seem to like, however it's mainly graphics upgrades as far as I'm aware, and xplane will not work with iyp.  I did end up picking up asn, mytraffic 6, accu-feel and signed up for fs economy.

2017-01-20 19:33:45

All worth getting really.

I'll redownload my Steam copy to see if a fresh install fixes things, I did have a lot of addons installed so maybe that was it, I'm not sure mind.

Yeah I wish something like IYP worked for X Plane, but eh, it'll probaly happen in time right?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-01-21 21:02:44

I doubt it.  We're barely getting updates as is, I don't see him working on xplane.  I posted this to the bvi list, but I'll also post it here.  Does anyone have a pre-configured pf3.ini file for use with pf3?  You need to change the hotkeys for it so it doesn't conflict with iyp, but I can't do that with nvda.  All that needs to be done is add control+shihft to them, but I can't change anything in the hotkeys screen.

2017-01-21 22:09:22

Hi.
If you still have problems with the steam edition and you use nvda, you can contact me and we maybe can sort it out via NVDA remote if you want me too.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-01-24 01:15:34 (edited by Orin 2017-01-24 01:17:47)

I'm enjoying FSX steam edition and have been putting up YouTube videos... which are in audio even though OBS is supposed to be capturing video. Ugg.
So, Multicrew Experience has rudimentary blind support, we just need landing support. If they continued with their accessibility support, it could replace IYP.

Edit: I'm in communication with the PF3 developer about why I'm not getting the dinging upon connecting, etc. Not sure what's up but I'm determined to get to the bottom of this.

2017-01-25 01:08:48

What about support for mce?  Has anyone tried them?  If we have a replacement for iyp, that'd be something that we might want to look into.

2017-01-25 03:44:06 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-01-25 03:46:05)

I've been in full contact with MCE developers. landing support will probably never happen, Because we would not need it at all.
It's kinda a two way thing. If we manage to  do  all FMC operations,  almost all the professional  add on aircrafts have auto landing capabilities themselves, so once you're locked on the localizer and  follow the procedures correctly, The aircraft will does the work for you.
In regards to visual approach. It will  not happen with MCE because it's very nonstandard. The current way that itsyourplane does, If you do it in an online environment almost  everybody will freak out because IYP will choose an entryway by itself. It helps us damn right, and  Robert designed it for us specifically, but I do not think  MCE will support that sort of thing.

In regards to  MCE and   flight management and computers and such, I made a very lengthy post on bvi pilots mailing list a while ago.   It's close, but not enough.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-01-25 06:23:03

Close indeed. I've been having some problems with the PF3 demo and landing. When I get to a certain point, PF3 will automatically tune to the weather frequency provided by activeSky. I'm not sure if the tower frequency at BLG conflicted with the active Sky 122.00 one, but not sure how to resolve it.

2017-01-25 07:23:04

Hi.
I wanted to try out pf3 and active sky in the future, even though I still need to get behind what Active Sky actually is. Currently I am having a darn IYP problem and I dont know how to resolve it.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-01-25 12:32:13

ActiveSky is a weather addon that will update the weather at your current location in real time. The "Real Weather" option in FSX is pretty fake.