2017-01-21 12:12:02

Hello all, recently I've played starcraft2 starter edition. While most of the game is playable without sight, the menu is completely inaccessible, so I came with little idea, but I don't know whether it will work or not. Is it possible to read the menu with Ocr? I can't test this because I don't have an Ocr product and I don't have any accessible Ocr apps.
Please let me know the result.
Thanks

2017-01-21 13:14:33

Whoa?
Should I install windows once again?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-01-21 13:26:52

Why?

2017-01-21 15:08:22

How is that game playable?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-01-21 15:44:59

Yes, that is what I wanted to know. Can I play tthis game fully without sight?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-01-21 17:52:01

it is playable?
how?

2017-01-21 18:10:15

I've got to jump in with the same question everyone else has... how exactly is it playable?  I'm sure units can be commanded and maybe buildings placed without sight, but I can't imagine someone actually being able to know what is going on in the game, or having a prayer of winning.  Everything in the game is a separate freely moving object on a large landscape, not locked to a grid.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-01-23 04:50:54

Though you can't use some detailed locational strategies, however, you can still play the game, at least for me I could play it.
The first thing to do is choose a map you want to play and memorize the map. You can ask sighted people to help you, or you can navigate the map by yourself. But navigating the entire map is really a time consuming process. Another way to achieve this is creating your own map, with your style.
2. memorize all hotkeys for your favorite race. For me, my favorite race is protoss so I know all hotkeys for that race, like build hotkeys, unit commands etc.
3. Use ctrl 1 to ctrl 0 and shift 1 to shift 0. These are used for making unit groups and building groups.
Also see
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Hotkeys

This link contains useful informations on hotkeys.
And finally you need to make your own strategies for gaming. You may not be able to do everything in the game, but you can build, attack, use some strategies if you get used to it, etc.
Hope this helps.

2017-01-23 05:34:40

I understand that with keyboard hotkeys you could probably tell your buildings to produce units, but how are you able to tell workers where to mine materials, tell workers where to construct your buildings, move troops to locations to defend, or send troops to attack?  There wouldn't even be a way to know where enemies are at until they literally attack you and you press spacebar to jump to the location you are being attacked.  Once at that location, how do you tell units who to attack, where to retreat to, or when and how to use any of their special abilities?  To me it sounds like there may be 1% of the game that's playable, and if you ignore the other 99% it can feel like you're playing it.  Unless I'm totally wrong, I just can't see how this works.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-01-24 11:47:16

I am also struggling to see how it could be playable, perhaps it is just early tutorial levels you're playing? The game becomes rapidly more complex - size and complexity of environments and unpredictability and make-up of enemy attacks. You need to be able to, for example, scout out what is happening around the map and adjust your manufacturing to be able to counter the types of troops they have been manufacturing.