2017-01-17 20:42:48

Hi all. Any news on how to create missions? I found an usertasks folder in the newest version but no instructions.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-01-18 01:39:54

I feel a bit sheepish.  The reason why I wasn't getting past task 3 was I was landing at the wrong airport.  Apparently the airport I had been landing on and the correct one had very similar-sounding names with the Sapi speech engine.  All's well that ends well.

2017-01-18 21:38:10

FOr some reason on the latest version I also have problems finding the parking spot. I've tried stopping exactly at 0 and 0/X and neither work.

I even made a new profile and tested it, and so far I can't seem to get the knack of parking the plane properly.

Also, one minor tweak if I may suggest from a gameplay point of view, when climbing, engine power should logically be decreasing as in an actual aircraft, you have to apply more power to keep on climbing, as it is right now you don't have to touch the throttles all flight in some planes, and having flown in a C172 (though not at the controls), I distinctly heard the engine spool up and wind down during the flight and climbs and other moves.

And on that note, when descending the speed should, IMHO, pick up due to gravity, so you should be throttling back.

Also, can the devs please look at something I ran into?

I was trying to get the coords for an airport I know exists in real life in the USA that isn't in the sim, I coverted the coords properly, put them into Eurofly, got an error about not a valid floating point number and the game kept giving me an error.

I've been going through the aircraft with references to which have autopilots an d adjusting the categories to match and making versions that have autopilots.

For instance on my install I copied the MD-83 and renamed it to a Bombardier CRJ, kept that Category 2, moved the MD-83 up to Category 3.

Same with the 737 and Airbus planes, which in Airbus's case, are practically flying computers so I tweaked the categories for my own use a little bit to better accurately reflect reality and the systems on an aircraft. I reverted the 737 back to an older model for example a 200 series which didn't have an advanced autopilot system but did have auto navigation so that mostly lines up with the sim categories, though that being said, I have added a few cat 1 planes and tweaked a few others for my own use.

Added a Metroliner III, changed up the Galaxy to a Globemaster after copying that (though why a military transport aircraft is in a European airline baffles me, so I turned it into a C-130 which I have heard tales of private ownership of, and then turned THAT into a L-188 Electra, .

Added a DC-3 and was completely baffled why that didn't get a look in the sim. And also on that note, I added a Connie to my install too.

I'm willing to share the DC-3 file and the Connie file too, though given the engine keys you're just gonna have to accept two engines are on one key. I'll also look into possibly throwing togther a pack of lesser shared aircraft. I mean, everyone knows about the famous planes, but how many sims have had...well...a Metro III r a Shorts 360 (apart from that ooooold ATP sim),or a CRJ since FSX?

Lastly....

I'm struggling with the third task, I can take off fine, get there fine, but four out of five times the airport's closed for technical issues, is that something I am just running into bad luck on or what?

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2017-01-20 15:21:42

Hi.
My friend can't complete the mission.
My friend must bypass a Germany, this man must land in Karlow vary czech republic.
How can bypass German?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-01-20 16:30:49

You must turn on various sides in Karlovi Vari to avoid Germany. Try use Your sight, if You fly.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2017-01-20 18:29:30

Hi,

DracoSelene89, look at post 8 on this topic.
And also, for the parking problem that you are having.
Make sure to stop between 0 to 100, that is press k and as long as your screenreader says any digit between these 2 you should be good to go.
Just apply the breaks (B), retract them (b again), press the home key a few times followed by the end key to get your speed to 0. and you should be parked, and you'll know because you will heare people clapping and whistling for you.

grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-20 19:07:36

So, Critique, opinion and thoughts time from me....

1. I don't like the idea that if the plane is too quick taking off, it'll go bang instantly, Personally I can't get the 747/767 off the ground before they blow up due to 'high airspeed' due to the fact they hit sime arbitary, invisible limit and the sim decides they are gonna blow up now, even if I'm throttling back to decrease the speed. So...yeah, I don't agree with the idea that certain planes have such a tiny tolerance between takeoff and kaboom, could that be looked at and either the takeoff speeds lowered for those planes in an update or the explosion threshold raised in an update, I'm running the latest version here.

2. I'm not sure about the categories honestly....I would like to see the categories reworked honestly, to something like this and it's just my opinion:

A)

Category 0

Private aircraft, i.e. Cessena/Beech Baron 58/Piper Arrow/etc (you can tell I played FLight Unlimited 2 and 3 a lot huh?) and a few private jets, Learjet, Beechjet and so forth.

b)

Cat I:

The current Cat I but  with minimum automation, merely a course hold and that's all you get, you still have to do everything else yourself.

C)

Cat II

The step between the existing Cat I and II aircraft. Think regional jet typ type things and prop planes, i.e. Dash 8, Bombardier CRJ type planes and so on, they have the same assists as the current Cat II aircraft, and can land at the current Cat I airports. and up

Cat III:

TThe current Cat II aircraft minus the long haul, wide body ones like the 767 and so forth, so the 737 would stay, but the 747 and 767 would be kicked up to Cat IV, they'd have the same automation as they currently do, the current cat II ones, but it'd be the smaller of the big jets

Cat IV:

The wide body, long haul and biggest jets. Full automation, full assists, and so forth. You get the idea.

Far as airports would go for my idea?

Cat 0/1 can land at current cat 1 airports and up

Cat 2 can land at existing cat 2 and up airports

Cat 3/4 can land at existing cat III  airports

Next on my opinions/critique list is the simple idea that you can't take off or land in bad weather. This honestly needs changing. I'd like to suggest an alternative.

Planes usually take off in bad weather BUT they suffer performance wise.

IMO, I'd rather be able to take off in bad weather but simply not get as much lift or climb as quickly, or have to keep a higher landing speed on approach if I'm flying through snow for instance. Or freezing rain, if at all possible I would like to see a de-icing feature added.

That is to say, if you're parked up at the parking poisition, engines off, as well as refuelling you could also have that same key de ice the aircraft, over time...say if you don't move for 5 minutes real time, the aircraft would ice up. Icing would thus affect your ability to fly, slower turns, climbs, engine response and so forth.

Additionally, I would, honestly, love like to see the Cat II/3 aircraft fly into airports in bad weather and be able to land. Airports rarely close for bad weather, and it's kind of silly that it's raining and you can't land when it's a thing that happens all the time, so as a suggestion, I'd like the planes to be able to land in everything bar severe .

As an example....let's say I'm taking my MD-83 into a snow shower going into...say....Denver. It snows there a lot, it's in the Rockies, so I go there and find a snow shower. No big deal, I de-iced before taking off. So I go in and suddenly the aircraft starts losing speed, and altitude, now I got the auto elevator on so it's fighting to get back up to...say....300, and meantime I'm having to add in engine power and now balance my approach speed, flaps, distance and monitor my altitude too and see what the aircraft is doing.

In short....landing in poor weather would give people more to do on an approach than merely set up th the plane and sit back and listen.

Additionally....Cat III could autopilot land in any weather. Just a thought, as they do that all th the time in reality, rain, shine, storms, hurricanes...okay, maybe not the last one but you get my point, yeah? The big jets land in whatever they face.

Lastly...I would honestly like the feature to...and this isn'/t really a flight sim feature, but let's say you have your aircraft in Bucharest for instance and you want to go to...say....London. Rather than instantly teleporting, the sim would put you on an AI controlled flight that essentially autopilots itself from takeoff to landing so you have to effectively be a passenger to get to your aircraft location if you suddenly change the location. I dunno, I just think it's a nice way to go from location to location without suddenly appearing there and  breaking the immersion you get flying around because, let's face it, this is awesome for just firing it up and going exploring. I know where the Columbia River is in Oregon for instance so I can go follow it from the mouth to the dam in a Cessena and I know where I am and the coords match up almost identically. I can follow the Thames in London with a GPS app on my phone, I can go from LA down to Mexico and then across to Japan then down to AUstralia if I please....

I love this sim, despite my critiques above, those are minor nitpicks.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-21 11:15:44

Hi
I only see the slovak  version of this game where is the english version?
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2017-01-21 13:17:36

Didn't you see the previous posts? It's on http://eurofly.stefankiss.sk/

2017-01-21 14:27:41

To be fair, the download center is in Slovak and NVDA struggles to read it easily.

Okay go to the download center page, go to the program bit where it says fix for eurofly, go down a tiny bit and it should give you a link to the full setup. Grab that.

Then go down to language packs. Grab the one you want. Install the base sim. Install the language packs. And you're more than likely good to go.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-22 06:05:31

hi there, i am going to try to do something very hard, i am going to try to recreate all the tasks in flight sim from microsoft.  but what i need to know what is a good place to look at the airports to know about none towered and towered info. and also, if the airport is i l s or none i l s equipped?  that is so i can make the plans for the airplanes.  i won't be able to do the avoiding of countries but the flying i will be able to do.  thanks all again i am not taking anything from euro fly or nothing it is a good game and i have played it.  i just want to do these flights for real in a simulator like m s x flight sim.  thanks and happy flying.

2017-01-22 10:26:45

Hi all. There's a very strange thing in the newest version. I cant accelerate. I mean, i'm trying to take off, and did all of the steps which were good in the later versions, and trying to accelerate, and my plane doesn't move a centimeter. Any tips on how to solve that?

2017-01-22 13:25:36

@Arnold18:

May sound like a really, really stupid question but are both engines on and the brakes off?

Hit control and enter together and scroll down until you get to the section about landing gear, flaps and so on, see if the brakes are on, if they are tap B  to remove the brakes and see if that helps. If not then try hitting ctrl+E to refuel the plane and see if it tells you to shut off the engines.

If that's not the case then no idea honestly. Just thought the brakes may be the reason why you couldn't move.

Also, I ran into a weird bug where it said either runway 0 at helena, Montana and Boise, Idaho, as well as London, it said Runway and didn't give it, so I restarted the free flight, runway 0.

Even uitting and reloading the prgram didn't fix it, it actually showed up in a task I was doing so I couldn't get the task started too, just fyi.iot

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-22 13:45:25

For some reason, you were right, my brakes was on although i switched them off smile

2017-01-22 14:28:34

There you go smile Yeah I find it helps to go down the list far as the aircraft properties far as gear/flaps/brakes etc and check everything is set up for flying.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-23 18:24:51

Hi

I've just recently begun to play this game, but i've ran into a weird and frustrating problem. I try to follow the instructions in the documentation as best i can, but usually, even though all is as it should be (flaps, breaks, belt etc) i always land off the runway in the free flying. There's probably something i'm missing here, since the direction and all is good, but i allmost allways crash... rofl

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->
My folding at home statistics

2017-01-23 22:06:31

@116:

Landing's fairly simple. Here's how I do it.

1. Descend to 100 feet and stay there when  you get within 10km of your destination airport.

2. Slow down to your target landing airspeed in the aircraft properties (ctrl+ enter and not what it is)

3. When you get within 5km you should be at or around the landing airspeed, I tend .

At the same time hit CTRL+F and CTRL+G to take 2 off the landing speed, so if it's  for flaps and gear respectively. That'll get you set up for landing.125 I approach at 123 or 124.#

4. Once you get inside 2km, hit F1 and if you get clear to land, it the up arrow till you have a reading of -12 when you hit T

5. Wait until you hear a thud and the phrase landing successful. Now, don't touch left or right, instead keep pressing K and slowing don until you get between 0/X and 100X where X is the total length of the airport. Once you get there, either hit B and then B again, hit home and then end immediately to stop the aircraft and park it up, or just slow down and crawl along till you get to 0/X and then hold down end till the plane screeches to a halt.

Now for taking off.

1. Set the frequency. Hit F, then alt+f and type in the frequency it says

2. Hit alt+T and type int he code it says after squawk, so if it says squawk one five nine nine you hit alt+T and type 1599 in the box.

3. Hit F1 once that's all set up and you should be given a runway to take off on. At this point, hit Ctrl CTRL+B, CTLR+R and CTRL+F, that fastens your belt, your flaps down and door closed and locked respectively. Lastly, hit the down arrow a few times tilll you get between 10 and 16 on the T reading and then don't touch it there. You're all good to go...

3.1 If it's a small airport you can just take off without doing anything else, . Hit B, then hold down home and the aircraft should take off by itself if you set it all up right.

3.2 If it's a larger airport and you're given a runway number or letter and number combo, pay attention to it.

Let's say you're given runway A2. Take the brakes off with the B key,, then accelerate up t say 60 speed and listen for beeping and a number or letter. If it's A2, go past runway A1 then once you hear A2, hit B to stop the plane. Note which side it's coming from. Hold down control, and hit left or right depending on which way it's coming from, e.g. if it's in your left ear, hold ctrl+left arrow to turn. Wait for the ding, you can hit S to check your course.

Once it's all set and you hear the ding and you're facing either straight west for a left departure or straight east forr a fight departure, take the brakes off, double check the nose angle with T, and accelerate. Once you hear a message about climb and contiue heading either east or west, hit ctrl+F and Ctrl+G in quick succession to raise your flaps and gear, and wait till you pass 40 feet. You should hear takeoff successful.

Hope that helps

Also, for some unknown reason, planes blow up really, REALLY easy in this sim. No idea why, if you go over a certain speed below 40 feet or on the climb out, kaboom.deaprture,

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-23 22:36:17

Well, landing is something i didn't do yet, and the take off is exactly done how you describe. however, as soon as the direction is propperly set, and i speed up i go boomb. Is there a difference between pressing end until the plain halts, or just pressing b? maybe it is there that the problem lies.

2017-01-23 22:51:58

Karlitos wrote:

Well, landing is something i didn't do yet, and the take off is exactly done how you describe. however, as soon as the direction is propperly set, and i speed up i go boomb. Is there a difference between pressing end until the plain halts, or just pressing b? maybe it is there that the problem lies.

seems the forum had a hickup, that was actually me who wrote that poast, weird why it showed me as someone else...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->

2017-01-24 11:43:27

Try this.

Take off like you are doing, but don't speed up until you hear the climb to 500m and set heading to your destination message.#

That way you shouldn't, hopefully, go boom. I've had the same issue with the B767 with the tolerances being so tight on taking off or blowing up on the climbout.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-24 11:55:42

One more thing.

For landing, don't touch left or right once you've touched down ont he runway, heard the thump and heard landing successful. In fact don't touch the arrow keys at all. The only controls you need ar are:

Home/end for engine power and thus speed and K for distance

Here's what I do after touching down:

1. Slow from my landing airspeed to 50 speed.

2. Every few seconds keep tapping K to find my distance.

3. Once it hits 0 or 0/X I immediately press and hold End to stop the aircraft. If done right you'll hear parking position and probably if you got assengers on board, clapping and cheering (Come on now my landing wasn't that awesome was it...?)_

So, question to everyone. Where's your favorite places to fly out of?

Mine are Seattle (I wish the Tri Cities airport was in the sim...I need to get the data for that and send it over actually), Providence, Rhode Island, London and Lima.

Then again I hate flying in and out of Switzerland honestly....and Roma. Especially Rome!

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-24 12:03:47

@117, that was an excellent description of how to take off and land.
I think the ingame documentation needs a bit of work, as it's a bit unclear to follow I've found.

2017-01-24 14:20:58

I'll write up a bettter guide at some point today, that one in post 117 was just a quick and dirty guide done off memory and I know I missed a few things like weather and a few other details.

Also on Linux natively

2017-01-24 15:35:33

I for one would really appreciate that, as I found the one in the english documentation very difficult to accurately get an idea of what to do.  Maybe I should try again when more awake, but still.  Can't wait to give this game a real good spin tonight.

2017-01-24 17:01:52

air transport is dangerous...

1/24/2017 3:57:53 PM

situation: in flight
left engine: true
right engine: true
Brakes: false
Flaps: false
Landing gear: false
Door: false
Belt: true
Fuel: 6835
Reverse: false
Air speed: 418
course: 270
Nose angle: 33
Altitude: 4956
Latitude: 48,200
LONGITUDE: 16,931

Cause of the accident:: shot down

just because i didn't hear the code, and forgot how to recheck that...

<- criticview
   aka
   akilor ->