2017-01-20 17:22:40

hello guys
today when i was playing miriani, i thought to my sellf, i didn't like the sounds and i have sound effects, but i don't know how to emplement them in this game
i tried but instead of emplementing them, i messed up the hole thing
i want to create my own soundpack so bad
anyone is able to help me? any help will be appreciated

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2017-01-20 17:50:51

yep a guide for makeing a soundpack on mush/vip  could be nice
currently I am kindda stuck on how to make an ambiance sounds and a foot steps

2017-01-20 17:56:21 (edited by grryfindore 2017-01-20 17:59:08)

Hi,
Creating a soundpack isn't really eazy, I do not mean to discourage but specially with Vips scripting language its a bit of a pain in the arse
I presume you are using vipmud, of course.

I suggest you give vips scripting manual a read, its included in the documentation.

You get a sound to play or anything else to happen really as long as you are relying upon certain events by using triggers.
A trigger is a sort of a trigger event say when xyz happens,do this. so when the mud client receives certain text and you have that text set as a trigger, you could set things to happen, such as play a sound,like so.

#trigger {* punches you in the face.} {#play {path\filename.mp3} volume}
Unless you have punctuation set to all in your screenreader, I'd suggest you read that line by characters.
that star symble is a wildcard that is used to indicate the text that changes every time but the other parts remain the same. the #play is a command that plays soundfiles for you, and the rest is self explanatory.
Note: Vip mud supports mp3s,wavs as far as I know, no clue about .ogg files or other formats,alas.
Oh and the volume will have to be replaced by a number the volume level you want the file played at.
I.E
60}
So creating a soundpack that currently exists for VIPMud is far from eazy I couldn't even do 1% of stuff in that pack, but I hope this helps you somewhat.

Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, β€˜It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-20 18:13:30

sadly i am using mush client
i can't pay for vip mud actualy
so thanks for the information anyways i appreciate it

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2017-01-20 20:45:27

I realy think we need a better client for Muds with better ways for creating soundpacks.

2017-01-20 21:07:31

i really dout that we're going to have that in the soon future big_smile

2017-01-21 05:43:29

Abdulla, I can give you my script file and starting functions if you want. But beware that if you use my script then the script credit goes to Sneak. It's not originally mine. I don't know these kind of things. I just learnt from it.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-01-21 07:23:27

I agree with post 5.

Sadly the mud client that can do stuff like that the easiest is no longer being developed.

I'm refering to an old mud client called Gmud.

That was a nice, easy to use client, which doesn't work with NVDA, because NVDA doesn't have a screen echo option like Jaws.

Gmud is also really basic so you can't do the advanced stuff, like Mush client and its scripting.

You can only do triggers and replace text with sounds.

I'm no expert so someone else would have to confirm all of this.

Sadly Gmud hasn't been worked on for over 20 years.

2017-01-22 15:08:32

thanks mata, may be you can message me on skype and we'll see how it will go
about GMud, i think it wasn't free, i am not sure though

2017-01-23 10:14:18

Gmud as far as I know was free.
It was free when I discovered it, but sadly, by that time development stopped.

I discovered it in 2000 and development stopped in 95, which is a shame, because it was good for its time.

Mush client wasn't free until it became open source.

Mudding isn't really my thing mainly because there isn't a good, free, easy to configure mud client that lets you make soundpacks without learning some sort of scripting language.

Gmud ticked all of those boxes for me, and it's no longer available.

I have a mud client here called reality mud, made by a user on here, but he lost the source code and wasn't motivated enough to re-write it.

Pity, that little client had potential.

2017-01-25 12:48:22

i treid to use reality mud client, but the soundpack doesn't work, it is cool though

2017-01-25 14:01:11

Yeah that feature was being worked on before he lost the source.

There were only two versions released before it disappeared.

It still works, just no sounds.