2017-01-16 01:17:39

Hello, I just logged on to the killer and version 0.4 is out.
It works too.
Just thought you would like to know

2017-01-16 18:03:50

What is the killer? Is it a game? I'm a bit confused here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-16 19:39:23

it's the one ivan posted about, when he created a new account so he could get past the bann

For me, the new coding age begins!

2017-01-16 22:28:25

for everyone who likes this the killer game, check out this recording
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/846 … -20-19.wav

ivan is basicly telling everyone in an audio message that if he doesn't get money he will not get the game to running again, which means that he will let the server stay offlineuntil he get money, a good way of forcing people to pay him. there's also that fact that he'll keep the server offline until money is coming,which means that noone will be able to try it out and if noone trys it out you won't get donations ivan.
for you guys who still didn't try out the game, the killer is basicly a clone of redspot, with sounds taken from both redspot and stw, it's still in an early beta, turning doesn't work, there are no volume controlls or something. the game is just a ruff beta which is not ready to be payed for.
i would like you guys to stop posting things about this game since it's a clone of redspot, stw and even swamp in some ways, some weapon names, sounds for it etc are taken from swamp. there  are time bombs and anty biotics which is already in redspot.

2017-01-17 02:33:36

I still wonder what libraries some of those sounds came from. I recognize some used in Graphic Audio books.

2017-01-17 08:54:30

Most of them are from the sfx kit, some I think from freesound.org, not sure.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-01-17 17:38:39

Seriously, just tell me. Who will pay for a red spot's clone ? Believe me, I will not do it and No one should.
Sorry for my criticism to this game who has some ideas that I would have liked to have in red spot like sound tracking and remote gun, but apart from that it has no originality compared to its predecessor.
I think it's sad to get to that point, nothing more to say.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2017-01-17 17:45:55

just redspot, nothing more to say really.:D

2017-01-17 19:35:59

then where are the horns in redspot? and the remote guns? this isn't a redspot clone.

For me, the new coding age begins!

2017-01-17 22:17:53

Lol, horns were present in RedSpot but I'm not seeing them anymore. Remote guns are claymore remotes, no more, no less. This game is a clone for UP, not the new one, but the older one which was version 0.8 and before, dating from 2014. The sounds are all the same, plus some additions from RedSpot's older version's code, which Ivan has got/stolen from God knows where, the one he used for the RS cheat engine he did a while ago if anyone remembers. So basically if you're not allowed to steal the latest code of Ultra Power then you're not allowed neither to steal an older version, nor to mix two projects into one which you claim to be your own! Correct me if I'm wrong!

2017-01-17 22:41:33

yeah, jumping sound is taken from the same sound library as stw, some of the item consept are taken from rs such as the invisibility shields. the chat sound is from the same sound as stw too. some of the maps sounds are from stw, redspot, and sammy center. ivan is just taking the sounds sam is using for his game instead of finding own sounds lol, i mean it's ok to take some of it but ivan basicly maid his game with sounds from sam.

2017-01-17 23:19:30

You don't seem to have tried Ultra Power, all of the sound you said are coming from STW are basically the same in the old UP version. I hope someone still has recordings of the very old UP versions that were before September/October 2014 because I can't access my external hard drive right now. I still have the abandonware 0.22.54 in which you can create your own server and play the Ultra Power version Ivan used to create his code. I even put it on my Dropbox a while ago and posted it here, but Mason, for unknown reasons, flagged me for copyright infringement for uploading and publishing a version which was already flagged by him, its developer, as abandonware although the latest version at that time was paid, something Mason did several times after switching back to the freeware license. Just something that should be added, however, is that my DB links are, I mean from December 2014 until the current day, prohibited, even after I removed the files from my Dropbox, and the reason wasn't even right and Mason still hasn't done anything to give me back the right to have my DB links active. The problem is that that version is on my external hard drive, which I cannot run at the moment due to a driver problem in my PC, depriving me of plugging/using any USB device. If there is no rule infringing in that, I promise I will do my best to find a way for uploading it to show you how the game was completely similar, to what Ivan is doing right now, except for some items he got from RedSpot.

2017-01-18 02:30:47

@post 4 that's understandable though. See, unlike Sam Ivan doesn't have STW with the STW store and upgraded accounts and other paid services. I only agree with this personally because the alternative would be for him to charge everyone and make us all pay to have access. While that wouldn't be a bad thing, he has chosen not to. That's just why I feel that way.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-01-18 08:18:22

No, The killer is not a red spot game.
The killer have other sounds, other commands and other map.
It IS similar, but not not the Same

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-01-18 08:39:40

I can start hosting this game on my server located in poland, i contact to Ivan witch this information big_smile.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2017-01-18 10:33:20

hi,
It is a clone, because of the sounds, and the items. Horns were in the first stages of redspot, sam removed them because they are annoying. nothing new!

kind regards and have a nice day,
marro

2017-02-04 07:50:19

Ok, so lets start with the ultra power thingy. No, I wasn't making anything off ultra power's laggy spamming filled packet source code. I am trying to make my own game, with out using anyone's code. The idea, just sending packets and the server receiving them, its not that hard guys. Ok, well I used a little bit of ultra power's code, but actually, I had permission to do that. Sam Tupy himself sent me the code once. That's a deal I won't go in, but that's my thing on the ultra power thing. For a while I wanted to make TK similar to the old version of ultrapower 0.x. But I didn't after a while, I said screw that. The reason why I'm "stealing" sounds from redspot or swamp, which by the way I wasn't but ok, because I didn't have many sounds. Look at Sam, he makes so much money so he can by the sound libraries he needs, I can't. I don't sleep in beds of money, so for now we're stuck with what we have. Anyway, hope that clears things up for you.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com