2017-01-09 02:39:39 (edited by nyanchan 2017-01-09 02:41:23)

I'm working so that I can release the new update in January. Actually your list helped me a loooooot because even I! was unable to pin point untranslated locations and estimate the overall percentage! You always keep me motivated! Big thanks!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-01-09 14:24:04 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-01-09 14:25:47)

Hay Yukio, thanks for the complement!
Just in case you didn't see an earlier post, I've sent you an updated translation for briefing 10 as well as edited translations for briefings 5 and 6.
The link is in a Pm I sent you a few days ago.
Regarding translations:
Their are a few things that I didn't put in my list for the sake of simplicity.
the version of stage 6 where you get the sky shoes is not translated yet as well as the hidden version of stage 5.3.
Their are a few lines in briefing 10 that don't translate, either because the line is written wrong, or because the line is not their in the first place.
Their is also one line in briefing 5 that doesn't translate either.
All death lines are not translated yet either.
The bug with shields not being translated in the top menu still exists, as well as one where the extras menu is not being translated after exiting the sinaireo select menu.
Their's also a bug in one of the levels in stage 2 where entering the objects menu disables translation of story text; for some reason.
Also the mode select menu is still not being translated even though the file for it exists.
Their are a few other odds and ends such as some items and weapons not being translated when viewed in the object viewer, but we can work on those once the translation is mostly complete.
I'm also wondering what mojibake is.
You said something about it in a previous post, and I figured it might be able to help me give you better feedback on what's not translated; even if I can't provide actual translations for the missing lines; provided; of course; that I can even use it in the first place...
I'm looking forward to the next update, and I'll let you know what's still not working; if anything; once the update is in my hands.
Later!

2017-01-09 16:40:07

Oh, I'm not sure if I downloaded the file. Will check it now.
I'm seriously thinking that I'd better do a whole playthrough with the translation enabled, but haven't been able to do that yet.
The sunny version of 5-3 is already translated here. It will be abailable in the next update.
I really need to release a new software update since some serious bugs are reported and the translation bugs you mentioned need small changes in the code.

2017-01-09 21:07:33

@threeblacknoises mojibake as far as I'm aware is a term used to describe when characters/words get messed up, which usually happens when characters are encoded wrong
yukio, please correct me if I'm wrong? haha
also I found a minor error that'd probably take just a couple seconds to fix, although I'm not sure if it's been patched yet
noticed it in the game first because I switch from playing in english and japanese from time to time, in these 2 lines in the objects file
銀色のセキュリティカート    Gold security cart
金色のセキュリティカート    Silver security cart
shouldn't the two english lines be reversed? haha
my knowledge of japanese only goes as far as 3 years of high school classes though, lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-01-09 22:22:36 (edited by assault_freak 2017-01-09 22:23:13)

Threeblacknoises,

Mojibake, as DD said, is when Asian or other non unicode characters are turned into nonsense symbols because of bad encoding or getting scrambled. If text files are saved wrong, for example, as anything other than utf8, you will most likely end up with an entire file of mojibake.

And regarding the ttranslations, there are others of us who are also supposed to be working on this project as well... so please, ask Yukio to invite you to where the required files are to be shared between team members... this is one of the reasons I haven't been able to work on this project, because I don't know what is up to date and what isn't. There should also be a skype group with active people involved... as I believe right now yukio and I are the only two people who are bilingual on this team that is, who speak English as well as Japanese.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-01-10 02:23:11

Oh, I forgot to mention Mojibake. Thanks!
dd: You're right! What a! Why haven't I noticed by now! Fixed it!

2017-01-11 17:03:20

Woohoo!
As of now, I'm officially a member of the translation team!
As such, you all won't be seing as many posts from me regarding translation fixes and what not from now on.
I'm making this post to say a few things.
first, I'm extremely honored to be a member, and will do what I can to insure a qualitty translation of this game going forward.
second, I found a way to save in shift-jis, I think.
I plaied the game with the newly added translations last night, and will be testing my abilitty to save in shift-jis tonight.
If all goes well, I should have the edited version of the newly aded files; as well as the lines that aren't being translated but are in the old files; briefing10, briefing5 and briefing 17; added to the database vary soon.
Yukio, what's the target date for releasing the new update?
As the newest member, I wish to be sure my work is done in a timely fashion so it can be included in said update.
And, thanks once again for making me a member!
Later!

2017-01-11 17:23:05

Hi,
I am quite interested in this project. I've recently been watching Liam Erven's lets plays of this game, and it seems like Yukio's best work thus far. I'm imporessed.
I would like to know when the target release date is as well, because I'm interested in purchasing the translation.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2017-01-11 17:42:00

I mean you already can, link's on the first page I believe

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-01-11 18:58:17

Anyone who buys the translation will receive all updates as they are released.
Anytime you launch the game, it will check for updates to the translation; provided you're online.
Later!

2017-01-12 01:40:58 (edited by nyanchan 2017-01-12 01:41:29)

Thanks Threeblacknoises! The release date will be January 31st or Feburary 1st in Japanese time zone. I hope I will be able to complete the stages and briefings in the next update. Since my second semester of university is about to end, I'm going to complete the entire project by April.

2017-01-12 04:23:35

Hay Yukio, I'm trying the attempt to save in shift-jis like I said earlier.
This line appears in briefing5.

俺は、ビルの地下に閉じ込められてしまったんだ。        I was trapped in the basement of the building.

But it's not being translated by the game at all.
I'm trying to figure out if this is because of a problem on your end; EG, the line is not in the game's translation program; or if I can't coppy the line into my clipboard correctly.
As far as I'm understanding it as of now, I can press C on my keyboard to coppy the last line spoken to the clipboard.
This should give me something to paste into a text editer so I can correct the line in the file.
I tried doing just that and pasting the result in to notepad plus plus after selecting shif-jis as my character set and ancy as my encoding.
All other lines work correctly, so I must be doing something right.
However, the line in question still appears as gibberish, even if I run the game using app locale.
Do I need to install a Japanese faunt or something?
I still wish to do this correctly to provide a good translation for all, but I'm afraid I'm currently stuck.
In other news, I did manage to correct the translations for 5-1 to 5-3 as well as 6-2 and briefings 7 and 17, so I can still upload those after I run them through the game to make sure they sound okay in the proper context.
Later!

2017-01-12 07:13:21 (edited by assault_freak 2017-01-12 07:51:01)

If the release will be then, I will try and fine tune the translations... as from what I've seen so far, they are pretty good, but should still be improved on by someone who knows the nuances of both languages. Will sit down this weekend and try and do a little bit. Also, @threeblacknoises, when you make updates in the folder, can you update the changelog and questions file please? Thanks. Just so we all know what's been updated without having to look through every single file. lol Also, the line you pasted isn't translated because the tab symbol isn't there.

2017-01-12 14:25:00 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-01-12 14:39:01)

I just updated the folder, I think.
My dropbox icon says it's up-to-date, so everything should be in their.
I did update the changelog so If it's not updated, I need to know just in case my dropbox program acted up.
Also, regarding the line I said wasn't translated:
What I pasted was from notepad plus plus.
On looking at the line in wordpad, I just noticed two tab simbles.
Testing now...
Okay, that fixed the problem.
File has been updated.
I checked the untranslated lines in briefing10, just in case a double tab was keeping those lines from being translated, but the one tab character was present so I'm not sure what the problem is their...
Later!

2017-01-12 17:09:33

Thanks! you should see if you can add Yukio and skype and join us in a skype group for translation purposes so we can keep these conversations off the forum. smile I'm assuming you are just editing the translations that Yukio has already written... I'll start looking tomorrow and see what I can edit to see how well I can make the Japanese and English match up.

2017-01-12 17:43:06 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-01-12 18:53:07)

Thanks, I am just editing the translations Yukio has written.
Speaking of, I just edited stage 3-4, but I also just got a notification from dropbox that Yukio changed the detailed collection item descriptions, so if my edited changelog has overwritten his change to that file, I just wanted someone to know that.
Edit; Never mind, I understand what happens now...
I've added my update to changelog.
Regarding skipe, I don't have a working mike, so joining skipe is imposible for me right now.
Also, I've, never, used skipe before.
Edit2; I found out that the bug I brought up previously about the extras menu not being translated after exiting the sinaireo select menu only happens if and english translation is accessed.
if no English translation is found; say, after viewing briefing 1, the extras menu is still translated in english.
Later!

2017-01-12 19:45:09

The skype group would most likely be text only, for simplicities sake given the time difference. And if I'm not mistaken ,what you're saying if someone doesn't view a translated dialog, the extras menu translates properly. Interesting...

2017-01-16 21:34:52

Hay all. I'd like to direct you all to post 349.
It has the translation status of the game, and it will be updated as time goes on.
Later!

2017-01-28 18:56:57

Hay, Yukio, it's getting close to the release date of the translation update.
I understand that you have school and such eating up your time, but; if I'm to be able to edit the last few translation files before release, I'm going to need them pretty soon.
I'm free for the next two days, so if I could have the files within the next thirty hours or so, I would have plenty of time to get them fixed up in time for the jan 31 public update.
That's all I wanted to say...
Later!

2017-01-29 13:51:25

I was extremely busy with my exams and coding assignments for this semester, so I couldn't touch anything this week. I'll upload briefing 2, hopefully 1 as well tomorrow. Most of my university stuff have finished.

2017-01-29 16:18:19 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-01-29 18:02:54)

Hay Yukio, I just got briefing2, and will begin work on it right now, starting with how it sounds in game.
Edit; all done!
Also, 8-1 and 14-4 are vary short. If your hurting for time some day, perhaps you could consider doing one of those?
Later!

2017-01-31 02:05:58

Will the update be coming out tomorrow I guess?...

2017-01-31 02:42:40 (edited by threeblacknoises 2017-01-31 04:09:22)

It should, Yukio said January 31 US time, feb 1 Japanese time.
It's 'gunna be a big one...
Edit; It's live, but Yukio's not done working on it, as files in my dropbox are still being changed.
Also, Yukio, stage 8-1 isn't being translated, and I just caught a mistake on my part in briefing1, and have uploaded the change to dropbox.
I was trying to get the file done this morning, and have just now been able to run it through the game and find errors.
Sorry for the late upload...
Later!

2017-02-17 23:07:11

Yes, after restoring BK3 and getting the updates, 8-1 isn't being translated.
Also, there are random stages that aren't translated that probably should be, like 6-4.
Also, Community Center 2-2 isn't translated.

Keep up the great work, can't wait until fully complete!

2017-02-21 06:03:46

Orin, some stages are translated, but; due to bugs in the translation code, the text won't appear ingame yet.
Yukio is working on it.
Check post 349 for a list of what's not yet translated.
It's been freshly updated!
Later!