2017-01-11 00:32:38

So as all of you know I got a droid. I want to record 3d audio. The only input port I have is a headphone jack/ microphone jack all in one. So I'm wondering do I have to get 3d headphones that plugin or that are bluetooth. If so what kind would you all rec amend.

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2017-01-11 18:24:11

Headphones wouldn't do the trick... nor would a phone. You would need the proper microphones to do it, plus software that could actually encode 3d files...

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-01-11 22:22:53

We can only hear 3D audio because we have 2 ears. So, you can only record 3D audio with 2 inputs, and even then, you'd need something to simulate all the littler things about ears and heads that make it possible to distinguish behind, vertical, etc.
I once tried this by taking some wrap-around headphones that could flip inside-out and plugging them into my microphone jack. The result was really quiet, but it was halfway 3D-ish. Not pro quality by any stretch.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-01-12 02:41:06

I did a little digging on the subject and it seems there are a few projects recently for recording 3D binural audio with androids and similar phones. The first one is [Binauric's OpenEars] earbuds that use built in microphones when you put them in to record 3D audio. Second is the [Hooke Audio Verse by Hooke Audio], which is similar to Binauric's method of using a pair of earbuds and an [app].

I can't really say how good any of these are, and Binauric's website at the moment seems to be having connection issues.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-01-16 12:42:19

Get a pair of Andrea SB205's, 20 bucks or so, they come with a USB dongle. Get an OTG cable for plugging normal USB into your phone. Done. For the price the quality is absolutely excellent. And you can plug anything standard into a droid and it'll work. At least everything I've tried, including mice, keyboards, hard drives, sound cards, midi compatible devices, joysticks, etc.

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.