2017-01-15 23:40:30

We got reports that our precious AudioGamers could not post to the forum. This had to do with a fatal error in the Personal Messaging service (an extension of the forum software). The extension has been disabled and posting to the forum seems to be possible like we're used to. We hope this solves the issue and please stay tuned until we find a solution for the PM service!

2017-01-15 23:41:14

If you get an error when posting a message (confirm security token) please log out and back in before posting the message.

2017-01-15 23:53:45

Glad to be back!

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-01-16 00:29:34

Glad to be back!

2017-01-16 03:57:26

On that note with pms.
I really do wish you guys solve the issues with privatte messages, ie the notification when you get mail.
Its almost useless without it, I don't use it, yes I do if I know something is coming and email does work to but seriously, if we are fixing issues I'd really like and I am sure others would to that if we send a message the reciever knows they got mail maybe when they log in on the top of their dashboard or each page maybe in a link saying that we have x many new messages to read.
I don't even care if its really intrusive, I just want a simple notification if there is mail.
The private message system is while working almost totally useless without the notification.
Who is going to check for messages if they don't know.

2017-01-16 05:15:00

Why are you relying on a forum's private messaging system for things that you actually want people to see anyway? Half the time I turn mine off on forums for the sole reason that 99% of the PMs I get are spambots and trolls. and the other 1% just email me to ask if I've received their PM anyway, which... kind of defeats the purpose of them sending me a PM.

2017-01-16 09:57:34

If it helps, I was getting this error.

Warning: session_start(): open(/public/tmp/sess_gsn6mc4g2mhfgfo660h6rlblu3, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device

2017-01-16 13:23:50

Thanks Sander, glad you solved the issue, I've been missing this forum over the past few days and it's great it's back.
As for Pms, well I recall a topic a while ago in which people protested bitterly when pms were disabled, so hopefully they'll be back as people do seem to use them, though if the extention is causing problems we can always get by via forum mail instead. either way, It's great to have the forum itself back online.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-16 14:52:46

I missed the forum so much. And now, glad to be hear again!

2017-01-16 16:03:54

Jeez, I never knew you guys considered this forum your family. tongue

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-01-16 20:58:55

Part of the beauty of this forum is that it's something to everyone. :d

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-01-16 22:49:53

Oh hey forum! It's nice to have you back! It'sgood to see you alive and working, as you should be! We missed you!

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2017-01-17 00:59:54

Hi.
I agree with this, its my resource.
For the poster that talks about pm, for me, it would add a little to know that if I wanted to, people could pm me in the forum and it would be just in the forum.
Right now, if a troll emails me while I get his email address he or she will also get my email address, so whatever.
I don't need pm system as such but it could be a way for me to keep what goes on forum, on forum.

2017-01-17 01:46:51

I use the PM system a bit; most of the time I tend to forget it exists though.

2017-01-17 13:58:40

Hay guise? I thought this problem is just for me not anyone else! Anyways! glad to be back here hehehe.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2017-01-17 18:40:50

Sorry, I accidentally reinstalled the PM system. And I deleted it again!

2017-01-18 11:28:37

@Crashmaster, actually if a troll emails you using the forum email your address is still hidden sinse it's an email form not a direct mail  link.

As for the pm system, I used it when I remembered it was there. If it comes back that would be nice, but if not, I'm quite happy using the forum email form instead.

If the pm system does return it would be nice to fix the notification of new private messages. That one actually confused me, since I've seen other PunBB systems like the boards over at project.aon which do! have notification of pms, but there was absolutely nothing in the admin settings about it.
Either way, something to look into for the future as and when Richard and Sander have time, but for the time being I'm just glad the site and forum is back up and running.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-20 14:02:02

Dark,
Who ever put the topic as a header before each comment, congratulations!
Now I can quickly go through each topic with the h key then read the comments quickly.

2017-01-20 14:44:46

The user Karma has completely gone. Is it just me, or the forum itself?

2017-01-20 15:10:39

I'm not sure where the extra headings come from or what has happened here.
I do notice user karma is gone, we'll see what's happened.

2017-01-20 15:24:25 (edited by grryfindore 2017-01-20 15:25:15)

Ahoy there.
Nice to see that the forum is back at least,and hope that the rest of the sight makes its way back to us soon!
Oh and... my god. these headers are really really annoying...
Before I could check the post and the name of the person in 1 go,I.E 1 press of the h key,now I have to see the name,pause press h again to see the post...
I hope this is one of those things that changes back to as it was,rather than how it is now.

Either way, nice to have you guys back!
grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-20 15:39:26

You can use heading level 3 to check the post heading directly

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-20 15:46:08

No, No, I want my Karmas back! I'm having hard time earning it! give me back! big_smile .
I'm kidding....

BTW, good to see that the forum is backed up and running again.

2017-01-20 16:25:31

User Karma is disabled (all extensions are disabled) because once activated, the forum does only show blank pages.
The extra headings have yet to be removed from the reïnstalled style.

2017-01-20 18:30:27

Any idea on what's making the extensions cause the site to break?