First of all thanks to those people who have made these games available for download. I was beginning to think that they were lost forever, and it is fantastic news that Justin and dan gave us the go ahead to host them.
I am also having problems running these games under windows 8. I am able to do it through command prompt, but that is a long and tedious process. I have the winkit installed with all of jim's games, but the games still don't work.
I ran ClassicPipeSetup.exe from the Paid Games folder through virustotal.com, and every one of the 54 anti virus programs they use reported that the file was clean.
One of the anti virus programs they use is MSE, or is it Defender, they just call it Microsoft. Theirs says it's clean, mine says it has a Trojan.
My advice would be to ignore any advice that the antivirus program could be giving you regarding the games. This has been a long-standing issue, with the games.
Ah, OK! I didn't know that. In the case of MSE, there doesn't seem to be any way to tell Microsoft about false positives.
Man, I wish Avast were more accessible, I'd switch in a heartbeat!
At first, I have to say that this is really, really good news! In fact one of my first serious and great games I plaid with a friend, was troopanum in spanish back in 2007.
I have all of the BSC games and software, but here's my horrible problem. All of my registration stuff is corrupted, since I don't play any of the BSC titles a very very long time ago. However when I try to get the unpatchers from pitermach's site, it gives me a forbidden thinggy, like 404 or something like that.
If anybody can give me some indications on how to do it myself manually, or if you guys can fix that problem, that'll be very apreciated.
I have just fixed the permissions on the unregistration files (the files on my local hard drive had the system and hidden attributes set so I'm surprised they even uploaded in the first place the first time. When you go into the unregistration patches folder, you want to just click the links pointing to the exe files, not the directories as those are broken and will have to be removed by ghorth later.
thank you so much! it looks like I'm gonna be a chamber blaster again
I don't mean to bump the topic, but I am yet another person having issues getting these games to run on win 10 64 bit, and was wondering if there is a definitive solution, or an equally definitive lack of one. I have installed Blast Chamber, Hunter and Troopanum2 on this machine. When I launch Blast Chamber and Troopanum, I get
Error 432: File name or class name not found during Automation operation while loading file gameIntro. On the other hand, Hunter refuses to do anything at all though the process still hangs out in Task Manager. I even tried launching the games without running the configuration and got the same error, the only difference being that the file it got stuck on was sayConfigFirst. This leads me to believe that this is an execution issue and not a sound decryption issue as I initially expected after having read a few other people's takes on it.
Here is what I've tried:
Installing DX8 even though newer versions that come with Windows *should* work.
Installing the VB Runtimes package that Jack linked to earlier in this topic.
Running the games as adman in compatibility mode for XP.
Installed some other old games like Super Deekout and Judgment Day, which do work, though with somewhat odd behavior at times. I had a similar issue on my Win 7 machine and installing Super Deekout on that fixed many problematic games on that, but sadly that didn't help in this case.
Disabled both UAC and Defender because I don't need either of them.
I'm about to restart one last time, and if all else fails I will just have to put up with playing them on an XP VM, of which I have one at the ready. I suppose it's not a huge deal but I don't like using VMs for more than I have to. They lag and are more clunky. But if that's what I will have to do, I won't complain much.