2014-08-24 17:49:18

@Arqmeister,  I use Visual Studio 2010 every day for doing C#.
I've been using it for a very long time so have the benefit of knowing many shortcut keys and knowing when VS is likely doing something even though my screen reader might not be reporting it.
I use auto complete a lot, as well as go to definition and the refactorings like rename symbol and extract method.
I also like the hot keys for commenting / uncommenting and auto formatting code.

I can still use the debug watch window, but it's a pain, so instead I've focused on a good logging API.
It turns out that a good logging API can actually be more helpful than the debugger in many cases, such as applications where you're running a loop many times a second, AKA games.

If you decide to use C# and Visual Studio feel free to email me and we can setup a call to discuss it.

~ Ian Reed
Visit BlindGamers.com to rate blind accessible games and see how others have rated them.
Try my free JGT addon, the easy way to play Japanese games in English.
Or try the free games I've created.

2014-08-24 18:19:48

Thanks ian.

2017-01-13 08:25:02

Just moved from MS Visual Basic to PureBasic.

From reading these posts it has moved on quite a bit since they were posted.

Found the language easy to understand and recieved a lot of help from their forum.

In just over a year with no programming training I am now capable of writing my own custom gadgets etc and am mow delving into MIDI stuff.

VB does, I believe have a role to play in getting hobbyist programmers started, but for me PureBasic really is the thing each programme I write I move cross platform with very few problems and even localising my efforts is getting easier.

Since starting with PurBasic I have not touched VB at all!

Regards

cd