2017-01-12 15:34:27

We've always lacked for players to be honest, because Flux is so different, out of a hundred, maybe 1 would stick with it for a while. So we never really had the problem of players spilling the beans to other players. If you try it and I am online, I will answer general questions if you have them, however, if you want answers that cross the spoiler line, I am going to have to take some of the booty from ya. Oh, about half. Those quests in the caves are the easiest ones, but each one does give you hints in what to look for, how we do things, subtle hints though they are. You actually don't have to do them, they are just a good idea because they give you a nice chunk of cash to get started with. We do have game of the day, which is a small challenge to find some sort of ledge, crevice or sort and traverse it to get to the cash inside. It changes once a day, but you need higher stats in order to perform actions like climbing and stuff like that, so there you would probably need money first from quests in order to train up in the Academy.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-12 16:34:11

well, I have wondering around the game but don't know what to do for starting out

2017-01-13 01:27:29

Just saying, but if I ever get into this game, and I'm thinking about it, and I'm good at questing...

If the developer doesn't want quest info shared amongst players and would rather players discover secrets on their own, it'd probably be best to make an actual policy regarding that. I do not like elitism in any way, shape or form, and when I figure things out, would be more than happy to share the information with other players who are having trouble figuring it out, for 100% free.

Not really a fan of the type of manipulative playstyle where players are either locked into solving quests on their own with no help at all, especially if they're required to progress, or players want some kind of reward from the one they assist for their help. Yes, I've pulled myself up by my bootstraps and figured out a lot of quests on games that others have not, but I figure other players want to enjoy the quests and storylines too, not to mention the potentially great rewards. Apparently there are other muds that agree with me as well, since games like discworld and 3Kingdoms have relaxed their qinfo policy in favor of a more social and fun atmosphere that doesn't smack of elitists and special privaleges for the few who can discover them.

2017-01-13 03:45:47

Talking of in game currency here not real currency. And yeah if it becomes a problem, there will be a policy I can almost guarantee it. The reason is that the money you get is a lot and really helps you get established, also we want to test your metal in a way, see if you are going to be able to do bigger things down the road, if you can't get past quest 1 without help, then that's most likely not the case. Reiterating from earlier posts, Flux is not a game, it is a sandbox where we simulate many things, curious about what that truly means, then feel free to connect and check it out. I will also repeat that Flux will not be a fit for all.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-13 04:22:44

hello, do the connection info has been change or something, lol, I got the connected mesege then nothing.

2017-01-13 07:05:29

Its been working fine, as people have been coming and going all day. Just tested it and it works fine. centauri.servegame.com port 7777 and this hasnt changed in years.