2017-01-12 07:17:48 (edited by Liam 2017-12-08 09:46:44)

Version 1.3 is here with some new features. Please check it out.
If you enjoy slide puzzles, then you're in luck. I've just released Slide 1.3.
Unscramble puzzles with numbers, words, and ascending tones.
It's free to play, but paying $5.00 will allow you to unlock extra modes.
http://l-works.net/slide.php

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-01-12 08:43:36

Hi Liam.

Great to see a new release.
Just out of interest, do you have a changelog of what's been added since the first version, especially as regards these extra modes.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-12 08:44:27

Interesting. I'll take a look at this for sure. I'm glad you're still developing games.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-12 09:04:57

Major change is that I've added a 15 letter word mode, and 3 mode where the square are ascending tones and you have to put them in proper order

2017-01-12 09:55:27

Thanks Liam, I'll update the database entry with the correct info.

presumably those are also the modes that take the five usd donation to unlock?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-12 15:32:15

Yup, those are the modes you get with the $5 upgrade. And you never know, it used to possibly secretly give a copy of super egg hunt plus to you as well...Lol! Reason being that there was a typo in the thank you for registering dialogue, so it instead thanked you for registering super egg hunt plus. Whoops.

2017-01-12 19:43:07

this game is cool.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-12 20:46:10

hi liam
I do not think that these additional things are worth more dollars
However, I think a good game
In any case, I can not buy them because I do not own account paypell
good luck

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2017-01-12 22:51:17

I bought the game because of the support it gives not necessarily the extra modes. The fact is I suck at it and doubt I'll ever get to the 5X5 grid, I have enough trouble with the 3X3 one and its mentally exhausting but still fun.

End racism
End division
Become united

2017-01-12 22:56:14

In my opinion, five dollars is very reasonable. He could have charged more, but he didn't. All he is asking is for our support to continue to develop games.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2017-01-12 23:16:25

I agree with BryanT. I am personally not into puzzle games, so I will likely not be buying the additional content, but if I know liam, he's not shortchanging anybody with the new paid features. He's said on Twitter that everything that was available in the old version of Slide is still here, and thus you aren't losing anything. The extra content is like an in-app purchase, and $5 is iirc the lowest price we've seen in the world of PC audio games. An important thing to remember when making a purchase is to not be selfish. Don't purchase something as though you're parting with your money just for your own personal satisfaction. While you are definitely paying for that, you are donating to a worthy cause to support audio game development. You are showing support to someone who's dedicated a fair amount of time and energy to producing something that will entertain a large amount of people, and if he can receive funds from his efforts, even a small amount... That speaks a thousand praises.  $5 is a humble asking price which remember is optional. I know what it feels like to not want to go through the hassle of paying for something, or knowing I don't have the means to pay for it. But, these are common struggles, and the sooner you are able to accept that, the less stress you will be under when you see something that looks tempting. In any case you still have a fun game to play, with or without the additional content.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2017-01-12 23:54:50

Also keep in mind that I try to be fair when it comes to games. I haven't really been announcing it, but I left my job a couple of months ago, so LWorks is now my soul income provider until I find gainful employment somewhere else. Super egg Hunt 2.0 is on the horizon, but I opted not to charge for that. That's a decision I'm regretting, but I want to try to make it fair for everyone. I opted to do an upgrade to slide as I know there are people who enjoy slide puzzles, and I wanted to make a game they'd enjoy. And yes. I also want to make some money to help pay the bills and continue game development. If puzzles aren't your thing, then stay tuned. Hopefully I'll have some other fun things on the horizon.

2017-01-13 10:55:25

It seems that I am too hard you in my words a little bit, I'm really sorry
In any case, keep your toys and games vgstorum are Alovdildaima
I Oredmsaadh in bgt because I am developing a new game
Can you help me on it
Frankly, since more than two weeks and I'm looking for who can help me from the developers, I hope you get some help
Bgt in as soon as possible, and greetings to you and to others

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2017-12-08 11:46:23

Okay. I've updated this post with the latest version of Slide. 1.3 has a fair amount of fixes which are inth emanual. I can put them in the first post if people really want them.

2017-12-10 18:01:50

@liam:
can you record a podcast of the game?
because I have played many time this game, but cant understand that how can solve the puzzul?
please?

2017-12-11 04:01:53

Hey this is actually tons of fun. I suck so much at these that it's not even funny, but still fun big_smile

2017-12-11 12:02:49

I think, I never understand this game.

2017-12-11 12:56:16

hi there.
the rules is simple, you just have to rearange the number tile , so if you play 3 by 3 you have to do:
1, 2, 3
4, 5, 6
7, 8, empty
and let's just honest, I  completed the puzzle  only 2 times, and after that... ieeeergh tongue
there are   some  patern on this game somehow.

2017-12-11 18:10:30

@JasonBlaze:
very thank you, but tell me a last thing thaat how to rearrange the numbers?
I mean from top to bottom or left to right?
mean:
or
1 2 3?
please must reply me,
thanks again!

2017-12-12 05:09:01

Farhad Ali Bhatti wrote:

@JasonBlaze:
very thank you, but tell me a last thing thaat how to rearrange the numbers?
I mean from top to bottom or left to right?
mean:
or
1 2 3?
please must reply me,
thanks again!

He already explained.
It goes like this:
1, 2, 3
4, 5, 6
7, 8, empty.
You rearrange the numbers starting from top left lowest to the botum middle highest, and the square to the right of the lower middle, the one below the six, should be empty.
Think of it like a phone dialing pad.

2017-12-12 06:04:30

hi
exactly what MasterChief said big_smile
thanks for helping me explain!

2017-12-12 09:46:59

Yes thats fair!I completely understand now!Thanks both of you.

2018-07-05 07:13:36 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-07-05 07:15:15)

Oh! I have finally beat the puzzle. The sad and bad part is that I have just no idea how I did it.. I think it was too exhausting . I would really appreciate some tips or patterns you can use I have seen stuff all over the net but of course they all do have pictures. I think once you solve the top row, meaning number 1,2, 3 from left to right you do not have to touch it anymore? or am just plain wrong... I have tried everything I can think of when solving the bottom two rows.. but to no avail. It appears I can really solve the first middle one, 4,5, 6. but then The 7,  8 and empty always end up flipped over like 8, 7, empty, or empty, 8, 7, or 8, empty, 7. Its a bit frustrating at times.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-07-05 23:24:40

This game... yeah, I don't even know why I torture myself.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-07-06 10:32:22 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-07-06 21:58:34)

alright... so I found this easier this time and, counting my time it took me about 15 minutes to solve. Very concentrated and with good music on (not saying that game music is bad its just that hearing a wide variety of music helps me concentrated and open up more)

So in a nutshell, you want to get 7,8 and 6 from left to right, into that order in the bottom, the last row. Once you do that, (can be done intuitively so you move everything around) do not! touch it.

Then, fiddle around with the top two rows. I think there is a specific sequence of moves, like pan the numbers of any row to the left and right first so that the empty is in the middle, then sliding the middle number up or down. Then sort of rotate that. I think its stuff like move the empty to the right, then up, then left then down, then separate number again and so on, The idea is of course to get 1,2, 3, then 4 5. and the empty space to the right of 5. Once that is done, slide the 6 up and you are totally done. I think the trickier part is that one, but its definitely doable. I will detail and edit this post if I find more details or strategies, but essentially everything seems to revolve around that middle row, 4, 5, and 6.

Edit: 15 hours later and a few more tries when I am more awake.
seems like when you get 7, 8 and 6  all set there is a rather interesting series of moves that require you to actually rotate the numbers of the two tops rows but only part way, then switch them until you get a specific, desired order. SO you might rotate the entire figure or the entire series, say, clockwise until you get the empty space in between two (hopefully) consecutive numbers (in the middle is honestly easier to grasp and manipulate, so its like you leave the empty space to one side) and then once you get the empty space in the middle comes your opportunity to do just one change. It will affect the order of your numbers so you can then make the number switch sides. You must decide whether the space ends up on the left or to the right of the row since that influences it all. Once you do that, you must rotate the figure again, clockwise or counter clockwise, until the space is in the middle again, and so on. If you go into a clockwise direction your numbers must read like so: 1, 2, 3, empty, 5, 4. If the number one is on the exact middle of the entire 9 by 9 grid, then you go to the left and then up and right, and you get that order, you are on your best and most correct path to solving so its pretty easy from there. You just rotate the whole thing
So 3 which is in the top left corner moves right, then two moves up, then you backtrack to the middle because number one has not moved and move it left, and so you end up with:
empty in the whole middle of the grid, move left and find one, then up and find two, then 3 is directly above the empty space. then five should be to the right of the number 3 (top right corner), and then 4 should be right to the empty space, below 5. SO its like you put the ones below sort of where you would want them to go.
So at this point you just backtrack again! and move things from the other side of the grid. do not touch your 1, 2 or 3 yet... they are fine where they are for now. and instead move 4 to the left and 5, who is still in the upper right corner moves down. That should leave you with the space in the upper right corner so you slide 3 into it, then 2, and then one moves up. You then make the horizontal move.. since you are left with empty, 4 and 5 (from left to right) in the middle row. You move both 4, then 5 to the left then you can just slide six (who is on bottom right corner) up, and that's it. you are done.

I promise to mold this into a much better explanation hopefully soon. I am fun beating the game now! it takes me a bit less each time.

Let me know how you do with this partial strategy!

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…