2017-01-07 17:39:37

Hi.
At garret, we think that he is a spammer due to the fact that he literally posted about 20 topics with the same cocontence all over the general discussion room.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-07 19:58:10

Hey guys, I'm going to paw28.net! Weeeeeeeeee who cares if my computer gets viruses? I'm going there anyway! big_smile From what I got through a translator, I think it was saying the same thing over and over and over again several times.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-01-07 20:02:07

LOL, every time another comments goes into this thread, and it bumps up to the top of the "new posts" section, I think it's a new spam-bot plastering junk on the forum.  big_smile

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-01-07 20:04:43

Sorry, buddy.  I should have thought about that before I made this thread poppular. lol
And here we go again...

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-01-07 20:31:38

We are proud to present you the new Works Ultimate Lawnmower! With the ability to trim as well as cut grass, all in one tool, your neighbors will soon be wondering how you have such a beautiful lawn! Buy it now, for the hilariously low price of $82.23! No purchase necessary some restrictions apply see store for details. tongue big_smile

2017-01-08 09:38:33

With un adumbrated exactitude, might we the body hither to here delivering messages in a communicatory fashion of unmitigated importance, proceed to informatise all persons hither to upon the electronically computerated nostrum to attempt, effect and otherwise ttry the products for which we are here to for making all those individuals aware of the pulcritudinous usage there to of for the use with there by.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering what I'm talking about, This linkage will explain, being the most awesome spambot we ever had ever on this forum which I preserved for posterity, and hay if we're talking spambots here we might as well remember the classics big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-08 10:34:41

We need more of these spambots. And, er, wow? A spambot with karma? This is a new one big_smile.

2017-01-08 13:41:18

Yep slender, the yoda like spambot I think gets the title for best spambot we've ever had, hence the karma.
There was also This earlier one which tells a really fascinating story, and what's more even though the story was the plot of a game it didn't seem to be cadged from anywhere and seemed like an original retelling.

Well their links may be gone, and their viruses cured, and all traces of them otherwise purged from the internet, but here the most fascinating of spambots might recieve immortspamity big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-08 15:43:29

Just banned another one that posted 20 topics of more or less the same thing.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2017-01-08 19:34:03

this also seamed to have flooded the new releases room.

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2017-01-08 21:06:01

If these spambots start talking to each other, I'm ready to give them the title of first automated user to be accepted in to the community. big_smile

2017-01-08 21:28:43

Didn't we kind of do that with the political ones?  the ones that were posting about Clinton and Trump?

2017-01-08 22:40:21

Oh, those? I remember them, I think they're still around. I'm surprised they never noticed that they weren't banned, actually.

2017-01-08 23:11:16

Hi.
Yeah, I still remember those.
At slender, I think these were just bots which would just post ones and stay silent after that.
What I am wondering about is that they apparently could see what was the general games discussion room and the offtopic room, I dont know how they posted in the right category, maybe someone with a bit more knolledge about those things can explain that to me.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-09 12:16:59

I would guess the bot used a search engine to find places vaguely close to the discussion, and as people had mentioned the clinton/trump thing in the offtopic room that was where they wound up, the same way random advertisement bots end up in general game discussion.

2017-01-11 06:11:58

Clinton and Trump. I imagine those bots might have been made by political advertisers that were paid to do this by Trump or Clinton, right?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-01-11 12:58:33

Ahem, considering the dubious tactics in this campaign, I (somehow) think that might be true. Though if the candidates used spambots to spread their views, that would be rather questionable.

2017-01-11 13:26:14

Questionable, but not surprising.

2017-01-12 12:38:42

On another note,  with all these spambots advertising fake passport services, you'd think the audiogames.net forum is filled with people that are in war torn countries or hiding from oppressive dictators. big_smile

2017-01-12 12:44:35

One more dealt with and deleted.

2017-01-12 13:15:01

I've been curious about this for a while. Where are the locations of the IP addresses these spambots post from? Also, what do they choose for their passwords or email addresses?

2017-01-12 13:37:22

This one in particular says it's from South Korea, the word Kornet is attached to it which is probably the company it is provided service by or some such, as googling Kornet has given me everything from IP address lookups to Russian warmissles.

2017-01-12 23:49:05

Good thing it's not North Korea. We've dodged the Communist takeover. For now... big_smile

2017-01-13 10:23:32

A lot of spambots also seem to have hotmail addresses as well.
oh, and I can so see the us  political campaign now:

"Well I must vote for trump, some random person on a forum who I had never met before said that hillary clinton once stole a puppy, and ate it for breakfast while discussing how to revive hitler over a pint of Us citizen's blood with Sadam Husein! and it also said she was nasty to a child at one point and that she doesn't always ware clean underware! Oh yes, this has totally convinced me trump is the man to vote for, since this person on the forum clearly knows what he she it or they are talking about and you should always trust random stuff you read on the internet!"

2017-01-13 11:35:35

Which is why you should vote for Hilary!  She doesn't spend all of her time on twitter demeaning and degrading everyone, doesn't rely on the russians to win an election, doesn't and has never had a reality TV show and make her life look like one, and she doesn't have a tower manufactured with Chinese Steel where she eats Chinese food made by the Chinese while talking about the Chinese and all the threats they pose to Chinese Americans in the process of rebuilding the great wall of China in a place that is not China!