2017-01-09 21:52:44

So I'm trying to breach the accessibility market, but it's extremely difficult without any certifications. Does anyone know any certs besides JAWS/Magic certifications that would be a good idea to get under my belt? And regarding JAWS certification, are there any resources that people have available, because lets face it I really don't want to be nickel and dimed from FS lol

Yeah, I know most accessibility standards are pretty meh in comparison to the work we do here but in order to break that ice I'm going to need to look into it. Thanks in advance. smile

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-01-10 01:57:16

Well there's some guides on JAWS certification [here], theres also the Inernational Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP) Certification [here]. You could also try checking out the Assistive Technology Industry Association [ATIA].

I can't really say how useful any of those may be, but the networking potential might be worth something.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2017-01-10 06:02:52

I heard that NV Access will soon be offering a certification for proficiency in NVDA. While it may fall as flat as any of the other existing AT certifications that are already available, I'd be lying if I said the prospect didn't excite me.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.