2017-01-08 00:05:11

Ok not a game but it can be used for those short messages in game creation.  Just letting folks know it's there and has a number of uses.
This short utility enables you to capture any text to speech voice and save the output to a wave file for later use. It can be used for saving short messages for games, saving notes to hand out to your students, saving wave files for presentations, or listening to your lecture notes on your daily commute into college. It can convert text from the clipboard, from the keyboard or from a whole text file. If you wish to change the voice simply select whatever SAPI5 voices you have installed in the control panel.
available now as the 8th software release on www.rockywaters.co.uk

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2017-01-08 00:57:27

I have already had one request for a command line version of this utility, particularly with developers in mind.  Thinking a no frills version to run in the background, any input on this most welcome.

2017-01-08 06:34:43

at Rocky Waters:
Do you know Balabolka?Balabolka can do everything which can do your tts recorder and many too.

2017-01-08 15:03:32

Was not aware of Balabolka.  Looks impressive, but seems it does not support windows7.  Strangely the same with password keeper.  I suggest you view my offering as a simplified utility that may well suit your needs.  On the upside, my command line version is now available and I'm free to get back on the all important job of creating games.

2017-01-08 17:41:00

Rocky Waters, what?Balabolka does not supports windows 7?
No, you're not true man right now.

2017-01-08 19:22:00

balabolka runs on I think 2000/xp or later, I'm running it on 10, and it supports sapi4, sapi5, and mssp.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-01-08 20:16:40

Balabolka is working perfectly on my windows 7 laptop, but I've deleted it since the audio editors do really meet such purposes.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-01-08 20:33:45

balabolka runs without any problem from xp to win 10, i absolutely sure because i checked all this windows.

2017-01-08 22:59:52

Yep apols my bad. balabolka supports xp/vista/7/8/10, missed the 7, perhaps I should slow down my screen reader.  Blindgamer please could you comment on how easy you found my software to use?  Was it quick to learn?

2017-01-09 15:39:26

Rocky Waters, it's really easy to use, but sorry, balabolka is best for me, than this tts recorder, but you keep the great job bro, maybe others will choose this soft as default.

2017-01-31 20:06:02

There is now a QuickRecorder version up on www.rockywaters.co.uk - this is a command line version specifically for developers to use during a game.  Possible use is to record some tts for directional playback in game, so a player would hear the direction and distance of another player rather than just mono "over the radio", guessing developers may well find other uses.

2017-02-01 12:39:33

hi there
I've not tried this piece of software yet, but it could be an interesting experience.
I'll have to check it out.
I tried balabolka for a while, but experienced crashes on certain machines, not to mention an over complicated features list for something that was suppose to be so perfect.
I look forward to trying out this tts software.
I think though, as a suggestion, perhaps to make your sofware that little bit unique, why not give it the ability to export to not just wav, but mp3, and ogg as well. Oggs are often a lot smaller, and more often used by developers.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!