2017-01-08 00:32:41

Hi all.
I am very new to goldwave and I am still learning.
I was using adobe audition 3 for many years but recently we upgraded to a windows 10 machine at work and I decided to start using goldwave because it is up to date and more accessible.

I am using goldwave with the on board sound card and with a blue yeti usb microphone for recording.
The machine is 64 bit.

If I open a mono file, goldwave doesn't play it but it plays fine all stereo files.
The file seams to open fine, but if I press space to start playback, I don't hear anything.

Also I didn't find an easy way to convert a stereo file in to mono.
I tried save us and I changed the different parameters to make the file mono but the size of the file doesn't reduce in half like it used to be in adobe audition.
So what is the most effective way to make an mp3 file from stereo to mono?
Even changing the bit rate doesn't seam to change the size of the file and I don't understand why.

At the moment I am using the old fassion way and I convert wav files in to mp3 using cdex. I find it very effective because I can choose the bitrate I want and it seams to convert the files with no problems.
But I didn't find a way to convert stereo files in to mono that way.
I am happy with the program free audio converter from www.dvdvideosoft.com, but I will never use their software again because they install other things that I don't need such as avast antivirus toolbars and other things without asking, or mayby the way to avoid them is not accessible with screen readers.
I am using nvda by the way.
Over all I am very happy with goldwave and I think I increased my working speed when editing something because I can speed up playback etc.
Thanks for reading
Nikos

Visit www.freesound.org/people/NikosDemetriou/sounds/ to hear some of my recordings.

2017-01-08 00:51:55

That's really weird. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help with this issue as my goldwave has never done that before.

2017-01-08 07:15:29

As for mono files not playing in GW, I couldn't tell ya, as for how to convert, once you go into the save dialog, type in a file name and choose a format, go into set attributes, and shift tab into the box, and you will see a list, from that list, select one that says mono on it

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united