2017-01-05 00:41:19

It's here! The Kickstarter project to raise funds for voice actors to provide the dialogue in the premiere title from Out of Sight Games! The link is below. If everyone here shares this with all their social circles and encourages their friends to do the same, we should be able to blow the lid off our funding goal. Feel free to ask any questions about the project here. Alright, without further ado...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 … =discovery

We thank you all for your patient. We wanted to do this right, and I hope you will not be disappointed! From the whole Out of Sight Games team, I thank you all in advance for everything you are able to do to help make this campaign a success!

2017-01-05 01:23:04

can we have more info on the game please?

2017-01-05 01:24:52

What more would you like to know? I think that, between the detailed description on the Kickstarter page and the various demos posted and questions answered over on the Introducing: Out of Sight Games thread, I've pretty much covered it - but if there's anything specific you want to know, let me know.

2017-01-05 01:44:41

Hi.
Cool that you have your campaign kicked off.
I don't want to critizise you, but I think the time span is much to short for enough backers.
I will try contacting a few people and post the project link in some groops, maybe my plan will work out.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-05 02:08:33 (edited by Joseph Westhouse 2017-01-05 02:09:00)

Actually statistically speaking Kickstarter campaigns tend to do much better if the backing period is 30 days or less. The longer you go after that, the less likely your campaign is to be backed. That's one of the things we learned as we were researching in preparation for our campaign. Definitely appreciate you passing it along to other people!

2017-01-05 02:11:20

I've backed you, and I've passed it out on twitter.  I saw a let's player I follow also take it and pass it out on his twitter as well.  I know one other lper is going to spread it further, once he gets a chance.

2017-01-05 02:33:06

You guys are all amazing. Already so humbled by the number of shares, retweets, etc. It really means the world.

2017-01-05 02:45:25

Wow, Just. Wow!!!!! I am so impressed. I've never heard anything so well put together. I'll do what I can to help this game come to life. I can't wait to get n to this game!!!

2017-01-05 02:49:34

Thank you so much for the kind words. I assume you're talking about the trailer? I about lost my mind the first time I listened to the finished cut. Our sound designer is amazing, and I'm head over heels for our main voice cast. I know some of you were getting impatient with how long it was taking us to launch the campaign but hopefully now you understand why. I hope the trailer and quest demo were worth the wait...

2017-01-05 02:49:40

Hi
I only have one doubt.   The game for the People with vision will be published in steam?
Or it will be as a download link for everyone on your page.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2017-01-05 02:52:49

We would love to get the game published through Steam but there are no guarantees, and either way it will remain available to purchase from our website. We'll also have physical copies of the game available, which you can currently get as a donation reward if you're so inclined.

2017-01-05 03:28:52

This is beyond amazing... and I can't wait to play it! I will share as much as I can and see this gets as much notice as I can give it! I'm a bigger fan of action rpgs generally, but I enjoy turn-based ones as well... hope to see more after this one... would definitely love to see a fully featured action rpg if that ever becomes a possibility. Best of luck!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-01-05 04:22:33

If I was to donate to KickStarter for a perk, when will my payment be charged?

2017-01-05 04:34:08

Sean-terry01: Your donation would be withdrawn at the end of the campaign, which is February 3, but only if we meet our funding goal. If we don't meet our goal, nothing is charged.

Assault: Our goal at this point is for the next game to feature real-time combat. We went with turn-based for this first project simply because it simplifies things considerably in terms of programming and design, and since it was our first project we didn't want to bite off more than we could chew. But I'm right with you in hoping that we can move on to something a little more action-packed and skill-based.

2017-01-05 08:26:27

I really wish Kickstarter would get on the ball and support my credit card. I would back this.

2017-01-05 08:45:27

You're up to $761 already. Another lper took it and retweeted it.  The ones I follow are smaller lpers, but every bit helps I guess.  Let's hope it keeps up.  Orin, kickstarter should support amazon.  It won't let you use that to pay?

2017-01-05 08:49:24

Hi.
It's so great to finally see the Kickstarter project alive. I have never been so excited to back and share a Kickstarter campaign before.
I think you've missed a very important feature on the descriptions page: The translation of the game. Being able to play the game in your own language might be one of the biggest reason for many people wanna back the project. So if possible, I'll highly recommend you to add this information to the descriptions page as well. A donation is comming at you. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-05 10:14:15

hi joseph great work will take a look at the trailer, and side quest later. what please are the system requirements for this to run? thanks

2017-01-05 10:18:16

joseph, what is your e-mail address please? i would like to potentially offer my services for this title although am not a professional ghoice actor my voice i feel would lend itself to the title.

2017-01-05 10:46:30

sounds like the kind of game we've been craving for years. and the fact sighted gamers are going to be included makes it even better. You've got my backing that's for sure.

2017-01-05 12:05:28

Sorry for a quite inappriopriate question but: Is there a way to get the demo of the game for donating or something like that?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-01-05 13:13:44

An I have some question about detailed mechanics. For example: When getting things from this grave,can I preview item's stats to decite about taking it or not?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2017-01-05 14:58:48

Hi.
Urmm, am I reading something wrong here, or do you guys already have passed the half of your funding goal?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-01-05 15:10:19

No, you understand it correctly. I see it too!
Congrats guys!

2017-01-05 15:10:59

Ahoy there!

I have just heard the playthrough/ trailer of the hero's calling and my god its amazing! its the one game I'll be looking forward to with the most excitement I have felt for anything in, forever.

with the basic game just costing $15, I can't just believe its that price. at least for the kickstarter campaign.

Just the example on youtube was enough for me to realise that this game offers hours and hours of playability, not to speak of the additional sidequests to be done,and things to be discover. at least going by the description, for what it offers the price is beyond a steal, its so fantastic that I'll be backing as soon as I can scrounge someone with a creditcard up to pay. big_smile

I do have 2 miner and I mean slight miner things that I noticed,though.
1. certain inpact sounds could be a little meatier. they felt too ahh slight? didn't have that oomph to it?
I guess is what I am trying to say. as you can see, its quite miner and hardly something that detracts from the game but still.
2. and I guess this is just me,but the footsteps right now remind me of zombies walking on swamp smile
Sure they are fine as they are, and there are games charging $35 without footstep sounds, but would it be possible if the game exceeds its kickstarter goal (which I am hoping it does and looks like it might), would it be possible to add footstep sounds that are a bit better? I.E we be it us or our party is wearing all sorts of armor and lugging equipment around, so it would be rather cool to see those clunking or some sort of a jingleing? as we walk as someone wearing armor would sound as. I am really terrible at describing anything at all,so I know it sucks but I hope you get what I am trying to get at.

I hope people back this project and that it meets and exceeds its funding goal.
Because if a game as good as this doesn't achieve its mear goal of $2865 then It would  not only be sad but, then the audiogames community and market deserves nothing but games that cost $40/$60 and offer much less the this.

My congratulations and best wishes to the OutOfSight team and all the very best luck with your kick starter campaign!

To the rest of us, Lets make it happen!
grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter