2009-08-22 23:45:32

Hi,

when I close the lid on my laptop and open it again, JAWS after a while does not read anything with the JAWS cursor, and just says "blank." Restarting JAWS fixes the problem for some time but eventually it comes back, and ultimately you have to reboot the system. I went into power options and found the option for when the lid of the computer is closed, and it is set to "Do nothing." Any idea why this problem is still occurring?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2009-08-23 02:39:11

I had this problem in a desktop computer after ussing a full screen program.
Respect to this problem on a laptop, I think that you must check that the Do Nothin configuration is set to when the computer is plugged in, wit batery or the two variants. If there is a diferent configuration, you must do that the configuration is Do Nothin bot for batery and for plugged in.
Has my signature exclaim, sorry for my bad English.
Ope I have helped you.
Greetings!

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-08-23 13:14:49

I also found something similar with my netbook. Make sure the screen saver is disabled, and that turn off monitor is disabled. This can make a mess of the graphics intercept, without which the Jaws cursor won't work.

Hope that helps.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-26 14:13:39

I have the same problem on my laptop but now it says blank after a little while. My display sometimes still work though.

I live to crochet!

2009-09-03 17:24:35

i had the same problem on laptop. but now with jaws 10.0 works fine.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King