Hello, a veteran gamer here, who has lost his eyesight, and is trying to play Your games with the help of his mom.
Whenever we click on the "GO" command, the following error message appears: Cant' find this game.
This happens to whichever game we try to start.

Hello and welcome to the site.

We actually don't sell games here, we're an informational website providing many game pages which explain all about a lot of different accessible games available (close to six hundred).

The "go" command is linked to a dropdown box (also sometimes called a combo box), an internet control where you need to select an item from a menu before hitting the "go" button.
When you select a game and hit go, you'll be taken to a page with information about that game, including links to the developer's website, a description of what the game is about, and a link to download it if it can be downloaded.

usually the reason you get the "could not find this game" message is because you've not selected an entry in the dropdown box prior to pressing go and have hit the "please select a game" entry instead.
if you have selected a game entry I'm not exactly sure what is happening since it does work okay, however there are several other ways to find the pages with information about games, you can go to the "gamelist" link at the top of the page and get a list of streight off links to all of the game pages, or you can use the "search games" llink to select games by genre or license type.

Also of course, if you let us know what sort of thing your interested in, people on this forum are always willing to help.

While the number of accessible games is tiny compared to graphical ones, and while all are from independent developers there is a lot of good stuff available both as audio games using sound, and as text, everything from arcade and rhythm action titles to sport to first person shooters, adventure games  and even a few rpgs.

There are also lots of games that use text which can be read by a screen reading program too which can also be accessible, especially online rpg and stratogy games of various sorts, plus interactive stories and various sorts of traditional type games.

Most are available for Windows, but there is an increasing amount available on Ios, plus several for android, and some multi platform such as games played in web browsers.

So, lots of stuff to choose from.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Tanx, Your informations were very useful.

Your welcome, let us know if you have any more questions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

5 (edited by Caccio72 2017-01-02 08:27:48)

Regardles of their genre, I generally dislike linear, but prefer creative, open-world, open-end games, with as many choices and selections as possible.
Can someone please recommend a few, such non-linear  games to me from the listed audio-games on this site? (if possible, ones I can download directly from here)

Well we don't have games to download directly from here, but we do provide direct download links to developer's own sites.

Open world games sadly take a large amount of developing in terms of time and money, and the mainstream companies who make games like minecraft just aren't interested in devoting that sort of time to making accessible games. Most of the games we have are made by independent developers on small budgits.

I'd recommend asking this question in the main part of the forum, in the general game discussion room that way you can get lots of people's ideas along with links.
A few games that might fit what your looking for are some of the browser based games we have like core exiles and drakor, (which have no sound but can be played online with your screen reader), or perhaps some mud games  such as clok or avalon the legend lives, which are real time text games, that you connect to with a mud client such as vipmud or mushclient (check out the vipmud page in the database for more information about muds).
There are also a few audiogames that haven't yet been added to the database which might fit, like survive the wild which you can find out more about here on the developer's own site 

Hth.

As I said there is a lot out there, and I'd recommend asking in the main part of the forum to get more information.