2016-11-23 01:33:53

Hi, I'm phancero.
I'd like to know if anyone knows VOPM.
VOPM is the abbreviation of VST OPM that emulates the sound chip ym2151.
I think that was used in Arcade Machines and old PCS
I want to use a VST with QWS, but do not understand the process of Midi Yoke.
Someone could help me? In addition, IF Midi Yoke runs on Windows 10.

P.S. if you don't understand what I write, it is because my English is not perfect. Thank you!

2016-11-25 03:37:10

Hi Phancero
I am familiar with the VOPM VST.
Midi Yoke will not work under Windows 10, not without a thousand major headaches anyway. I stopped using it when I got my Win 7 machine. Right now I use a virtual midi cable called Loop Midi, not to be confused with Loopby.
If you need help setting anything up, let me know.
Also it would be helpful for me to know if you are planning on making new sounds, or just using existing sounds.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2016-12-07 11:25:14

Hello,
I have been searching for an accessible FM VST to create sounds, so if everyone knows how to set it up I am interested too.
Thanks.
Pulseman

2016-12-08 07:59:46

VOPM is accessible, but it is difficult to use because the parameters have somewhat cryptic names, plus you need a solid understanding of FM synthesis. There are several FM synths which are usable, though none are really great in my opinion. I'd like to use FM8, but it's expensive and is very difficult to use without vision. VOPM is specifically made to emulate an old FM sound chip, so it's not going to give you pristine sound or a myriad of control. However, I like it for what it is, as I like messing with and creating old sounds.
Which part of the process would you need help with? I'm still available to provide assistance. I recommend you use Reaper as your daw for the best results with the Osara scripts, as that will allow you to adjust the settings most easily. I can't help you extensively with setting that up, as a friend of mine gave me his Reaper configs and I haven't really delved into Reaper deeply enough to know how the bulk of it works. However I've used vsts with it and could at least help you with basics and tweaking the settings.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2016-12-08 10:27:20 (edited by pulseman45 2016-12-08 10:27:51)

I tried to use OpenMPT for VSTs, I didn't know about Reaper. I will try that.
Plus I am interested in using YM-2151, especially since I listened a lot of tracks made with the Sharp X68000 computer recently. I even found some X68000 fan covers of SNES games track which sounded almost as good, and sometimes even better then the originals.
Anyway, thank you very much.

2016-12-08 14:29:20

Hi Raygrote! I'm really interested in software synths, i-ld like eather subtractive or FM synths becaus I-dl like creating sounds for my music projects! I tryed OXe and I like it! Are any other accessible synths you coul reccomend? Thanks a lot for your help!

Claudio

2016-12-10 19:49:44

I used VOPM myself. btw, would anyone be interested in using it for backing tracks on my tts preschool album?

be a hero and stop Coppa now!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dkm … DkWZ8/edit
-id software, 1995

2016-12-27 20:46:33 (edited by pulseman45 2016-12-27 20:47:04)

OK so I have downloaded Reaper, OSARA, VOPM and Dexed. But I have a few questions:
I have the 64 bit version of reaper, and since VOPM is 32 bit, does bridging cause accessibility issues? And so, should I switch to the x86 version? I am running a trial version for now, so I can still do it if it is necessary.
Also, I am waiting to get a midi synth to connect to my PC but, is there a way to compose music otherwise? For now, I just want to test if I am able to use VOPM and Dexed, especially as I have no clue about Dexed's accessibility.
In fact, if anyone knows a good tutorial for using Reaper along with Osara, I would be glad to read it/listen to it as well.
Thanks in advance for your help.

2016-12-30 17:05:02

I believe I have found a better vst fm synth than VOPM. While I do agree that an emulation of the old soundchip itself is great, YM2151 wasn't the best choice. I'm looking into more YM2612, genesis. Problem is, the only vst I've found to be half usable, genny beta, is detuned like shit and apparently doesn't respond to param updates. I'm looking into fmdrive, but it is a payed vst and there's no cracks available. Anyways, the vst I do have, that is perfectly usable with automation, is called fm heaven. It is a 6 operator fm synth with envelopes and unison control. No fancy effects like fm8, it is the bare bones of fm. The thing I love about it though is no algorithms, you get to set up the operator pairs yourself, at different levels! And you can feedback any operator you want by pairing it with itself. Don't pair that all the way or you get noise though... If anybody finds it and wants help with controling the envelopes, because that's a bit funky, post on this thread. I may not get back to you right away, but I will get back to you. Note to osara users, add an effect, back out of it's fx chain window, hit p. There ya go!
Also another note for users of fm heaven, none of the waveforms are labeled, they are simply numbered 1 to 16. All I know is 1 is a sine, I think 2 is a triangle? Just solo an operator and change it's wave, you get a feel for what they sound like. Google is your friend!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-01-11 13:03:38

Ok guys! Does any of you know a good fm synth in wich I could load DX sound? I've a lot of sisex files but every synth i try to use doesn't have a Load or Import button that's accessible for us. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot

Claudio

2018-03-24 03:42:10 (edited by Dekyo-NEC2608 2018-03-24 03:42:47)

Dexed can, but the GUI is not accessible to screen readers. The OCR add-on for NVDA did not return anything when analyzing that part of the screen.
One day I was able to open that dialog for .syx files, using the NVDA Gold Cursor add-on.
BTW, the creator of this topic was me, but I lost the email I used for that account.

Yamaha YM2608

YOU
SAY! - Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Dec 4, 1992 prototype)