2016-12-20 06:55:44

Hello folks! Nina, I'd love to see a port of the Gameboy version. Honestly, knowing a few projects from you, I got curious to see whatever you decide to invest time on. big_smile
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-12-20 08:26:41

If you can create a ygo game, I'd be all over that, and wouldn't mind dropping you a few bucks either.  YGO, and MTG  are two games I'd love to play and learn respectively, but nobody has done anything with them.  If you were to create a ygo game however, I'd use a more updated game then eternal duelist soul, either from the arc v series, or 5ds.  I believe ultimate masters 2008 was the last version before gx, so you can always use that if you want to keep the normal cards that everyone knows, mixed with the newer cards of the original series.  Then their is always gx with elemental heroes and such, so their is plenty for you to choose from to work on.  If we can help in any way Nena, just ask us.  You've got quite a few people here who'd love to see to see this happen, and, as I said before, if you were to charge for your work, I'd absolutely pay for this especially for all the work that you'd be doing with the rules and all the cards that you'd need to code in.

2016-12-20 15:50:03

First, I'm a yu-gi-oh blind player, without problems.
If you really want to play yugi, you can play with the cards without problems. The only that you have to do, is  do some efort and find a pair of friends (sigted or not) to start to play.

1. mark your cards with some type of identifier to recognise it. In my case, I put in the card with braille the basic information of it
2. learn all aspect of the cards that you are using.
3. learn how to play. you can do it reading the manuals or tutorials, or more easy, see how to play videos in youtube.

And that is all. You can play  yugi. Is easier if you have sighted help to mark your cards.

Respect the video game play, definiteli the best option is try to get accesible the ygoPro project. Do a game of yugi from cratch isn't easy, specially if you want make an automatic game. If you want to create a game like ygo pro or GBA games, you have to code card to card. isn't easy like add the text of the card and go. The game need know how work each card for let te player use it... and with the variavility of mechanics that exist in yugi, with cards doing specificts actions, isn't easy.

Respect the mud, smootruner, your coments are really ofensive to yu-gi-oh players. ¿really can you name this shit as a yu-gi-oh game? Do you know what is a chain? A XYZ summon? sinchro summon? a pendulum mechanisc, how works the new rules of field cards? Etc? Nop. and 300 cards is OK to start to think in a other game? Guy, yugi isn't a game that you can start to think in a other project when it isn't complete. same for magic pokemon or other tcg..

Well. that is all. And I repeat. IF you really want to play yugi, take your money, go to the near TCG store to your houce, buy a starter deck and start to play. And find a friend. if He is sighted, better.

Bye.

2016-12-20 16:57:00

People have tried to get in contact with the devs of other projects with no luck.  Why do you think we're trying to get this done our own way?

2016-12-20 17:47:36

sanslash whoa, how are you coming at me for sticking up for the mud? you acting like I have a freakin choice, like I can say this yugioh mud is trash, let me go play one that is much more better, and complete with more cards and rules. uh no I don't have that option. unlike most audio gamers, I don't complain, bitch, and whine about an audio game being up to my liking. what I do is make suggestions, give constructive respectful criticism, and make the best of what I have at the moment. I agree with you all that the yugioh mud can be a lot better. so, myself and a couple other players have tried to contact the dev with no response, so I suck up my disappointment with the game and play it and have fun since its the only thing out at the moment. this is why a lot of audio devs shy away from making games for us, or take long breaks, because all us gamers do is complain complain complain, instead of enjoying what we have, and making suggestions along the way, that's why I don't blame them for leaving games abandon because of audio gamers and there slick mouths and snobbish attitudes. sighted gamers have that luxury to bitch and complain on forums and at devs, because they can easily pick up another game in that same genre and play it. unfortunately we don't have that same option, so one would think a lot of us would be more humble and appreciative to these devs, but ha we are the complete opposite. some gamers make me sick to my stomach from the hell I see them put aprone and sam through when they cant get there way, and they are pissed about a change or update. so no matter how much improvement this mud may need im going to be grateful that I can play a yugioh game, and make the best of it. a lot of you gamers need to change your way of thinking and the way you treat these devs, before we be stuck playing freakin word games and cog games all day, bet all ya damn complaining would stop then

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-12-20 17:48:45

nina like blind dangerous, I will also be willing to donate a few bucks as a thankyou on your hardwork on making a mtg game or something similar, and again however I can help let me know

2016-12-20 18:46:16

@Sanslash no offence, but that post was absolutely uncalled for, and as harsh as Smoothgunner's response was I can't help but agree with him. Has it occurred to you that you cannot play online against other people with your braille Yugio cards? This forum is about audioGames, not about tabletop games you can play with the person sitting next to you, so as far as I'm concerned this is a moot point in the current discussion.
And even if you do not like the current state of the mud, I doubt posts like yours will motivate anyone who expressed interest in creating a similar game to start working on it and possibly making something you would enjoy too!

2016-12-20 23:19:21

Guys, my problem isn't with the project itself or with the autor of that.
Mi problem, is that you're saying that is currently possible play yu-gi-oh in the pc for the blind people. counting the mud as one of these options.
If you ask to me, Sincerely I say that we doun't have a option to play yu-gi-oh on the pc and the best ooption for now, is play  with physical cards.
The mud can't count a real option for play  yu-gi-oh, because the game that you're playing on  that mud, for today, isn't yu-gi-oh.

And that is my problem. That your'e lying with that. You, can't play ygo now. And if we can turn it to real is good, but for now, isn't possible.

And yes, I've tried the mud.

And smoot, please doun't try to say to me how is debeloping a game. You  doun't see me here as a developer, but I'm a software developer out of here and I've created some software for blind people.
If I not posted any of my work here, is because I'm not choosing you (read you as audiogame people) as my target for my software because I don't want pressure, I don't want comments with you have to do this, or remove that, fix this bug, etc.

If I say something is with the sight of a debeloper, not the sight of a gamer.

About contact the Ygo Pro tdevelopment team, well.
1. Ygo pro is opensource. If really one dedicated developer want to make it accesible, can grab the source, and try to modify it to make accesible. I know that is very hard, specially if you don't know the structure of the code (I review it and is a nightmare) but is possible if you really want it.
2. In the future, I wanna try to contact directly to the current maintainer of the project, to try see if is really possible or not make the game accessible looking the structure of the game.

And that is all.
Bye.

Ah! A tip to the developer!
A good starting point to a ygo game, is create a manual game instead an automatic game.
Create an automatic automated game is 100 times harder, because you've to generate a scripting languaje for insert all the cards and its effects, etc. But if you create a manual game, is possible add the cards very easy and the game flood is responsibility of each player in each match. Isn't the best option to create a TCG game, but is a good starting point.

2016-12-27 09:04:12

Hay everyone, I thought I would give you all an update.  I have started on the port of “yu-gi-oh! The eternal duelist soul”.  I have programed in  several of the game’s cards, and I hope to be finished with that task before the end of the next month.  I decided to focus on this game first, and then work on mgt later.  I’ll stay in touch.
Nina0116

Want to order food, but can't get out? Try this .
https://postmat.es/Tw5eUTrBn4

2016-12-27 19:10:42

Hello folks! Thanks for the info Nina.
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-12-28 09:47:22

sounds good nina, however I can help, just let me know, cant wait

2016-12-28 19:17:59

Not sure how easy it'd be to write, but if possible to help you out, would something like a database for us to work on help you?  This way, you can program in those cards, but if we'd like to add in cards from later games in the series, we could help you get the information you'd need so you're not doing this all on your own?  Of course you'd have to figure out some way to make sure that people aren't adding fake cards, but that'd be simple enough I'd guess.  I'd just like the newer cards as well as the old ones if people wanted, especially from 5ds or the gx series, as well as the later games so you have to work with sacrifices and such to bring out better cards.

2016-12-29 12:51:34

blindndangerous, this is a port of an old yu-gi-oh game.  If I am able to get this game to work properly, I wil consider making a game that uses later cards.  I also like the gx cards, but right now I can't see how to incorporate those cards.

2016-12-29 18:24:45

@Nina0116:
Thank you so much for doing this.  I'm super excited, especially when browsing gamefaqs to look at the game itself.  Appears to be well rated. big_smile

2016-12-30 04:22:36

Awesome to hear.  I just always see the mud always using the older cards, and know that we've got so many others to choose from for making better decks.  So glad you'll work on the later generations of the game once this is done.

2016-12-30 11:18:59

Hello folks! This game will certainly grab my atention for a long time. I know it may be not the time for this yet, but count me in if testers are needed.
Best regards, Haramir.

2017-01-02 01:31:43

I love how it has the old cards we grew up with in it.
Though it's missing a few like x Y Z dragon cannon.  always loved that monster. big_smile

2017-01-05 00:50:48

hay everyone, I have anouther update for you.  I just finished programing in all of the normal monsters.  These are monsters that have no special effect, and do not require a fusion to summon.  I will be working on the effect monsters next.  I have just realized a problem I have with this project.  I will be able to program in the game's music, but I have no way of getting the game's sound effects.  Any thoughts on what I can do for this would be appreciated.  Happy new year.

2017-01-05 02:13:01

I'm sure their are card sound effects on youtube or something that you might be able to snag, maybe something in free libraries?  If you own any sound libraries, probably some in there as well.

2017-01-06 20:48:12

nina I can help you grab some sounds, or you can always grab the sound pack from the yugioh card game mud that we currently have. just let me know if you want me to gather up some, really appreciate you working on this project

2017-01-07 10:52:49

Wait. Their's a sound pack for the ygo mud?

2017-01-07 12:37:55

yes there is. head to the new releases section, go to the yugioh topic, on the first page, post25, the sound pack is right there

2017-01-07 19:48:00

Neat.  Thanks for that.  Now if only people actually played the mud.

2017-01-08 02:33:02

smoothgunner, thanks for the suggestion.  I took a look at the sound pack, and I can use mose of these sound files.  I'm making progress in programming in the effect monsters.  I think I'll be finished with them next week.

2017-01-08 05:49:36

nina cant wait. do you need any additional sounds like a sound for scrolling through menus and cards? just let me know what specific sounds you need, that the mud didn't have, and ill go fishing for them, and ill upload them to dropbox