2016-12-24 22:48:53

I'm not sure how accessible this is, but I'm hoping it doesn't give anyone any trouble.  For family gatherings this holiday weekend, I was asked by my wife to put together a trivia type game that we can play on the TV at the different houses.  Most of the extended family has seen Disney movies so it seemed like a good neutral theme that would include the most people, and even some of the younger ones perhaps.

My laptop version is meant to connect to the TV so everyone can play, but I took some time this morning to toss together a web version of it.  This can be played in a browser, on a phone, or on a tablet.

www.kaldobsky.com/audiogames/subtitlesquiz/

It does not track your score or anything.  Features were kept pretty simple because I didn't know how my family gatherings would go, and it made the most sense to not have the game track anything so that we can develop "house rules" as we see fit.  This web version follows that same basic outline.

You are given a single phrase, grabbed at random from a Disney movie.  You are then asked to pick one of 8 movie choices to answer where the phrase came from.  If you need another clue, a button at the bottom lets you see another.  You can have up to 5 total clues, but keep in mind that the clues come randomly from the movie and are not in any particular order.  When you guess the correct answer the game tells you to give yourself points, based on how many clues you needed before solving it.  The points are not tracked by anything and can be ignored if you wish.

Enjoy!  big_smile  Also, Merry Christmas eve audio games community.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2016-12-24 23:35:58

I get a game redirect message then a page can not be displayed message.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-12-24 23:38:50

Jeff, I'd suggest trying it again after a few minutes.  My website has gone offline, for a few minutes at a time, for the past few hours.  No idea why, but apparently Yahoo is having yet another round of issues.  Ugh yahoo... why do you hate me so?!

If the website cooperates long enough to connect you, the rest of the quiz should continue smoothly.  Yahoo's web server is only needed during that initial connect.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-12-24 23:41:28

Will do. Thanks for the game!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2016-12-26 18:30:13

cool, nice idea. But I think I am to bad in guessing the phrases. I should have watched more disney movies big_smile

- JoeFoeGames
Visit
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
to be up to the latest News.

2016-12-26 19:45:43

O.T Can I ask what's in your avatar, Aprone, I've been curious, What I see looks like yellowish writing on a black background but my vision is bad so I could be wrong.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2016-12-26 21:59:35

Ironcross, my avatar is the name "Aprone" spelled out in red wire, on a black background.  Mostly black anyway, since on the left side there are remnants of the original image where it was a character holding a mini-gun.  When I signed up on this forum and wanted to find an avatar image, it was the first image on my HD I happened upon that seemed to fit.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2016-12-26 22:49:02

ah ok thanks, lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united