2016-11-27 21:28:55

The place is near the water, just go down all the way, don't exit the city, you have to talk to the captain who is by a building. Also, has anyone found the pichu grass patch?

2016-11-29 00:16:41

Never mind about the pichu, I found it, and it's been a great addition to my team.
If you want pichu just go to route 1 then go right next to  the town where you get your starter and in the grass you can find pichu (5%) encounter rate.
Then you evolve it into pikachu with happiness then alolan richu (psychic-electric) type with a thunder stone.

2016-11-29 22:06:33

I feel like this franchise is getting more and more gimicky. They've given a few chosen pokemon some buffed stats and new abilities, and that's cool. But this whole Alolan forms thing? Does Pikachu and its evolutions really, really need more freaking attention?
There are a few pokemon from first and second generation who I'd really like to have seen get some love. Jynx is one. The Hitmon line is another example. Or how about Arcanine? Or Victrybel? Or Bellossom/Vileplume? Or Parasect?
Not to mention most of the new pokemon have bad speed, or just plain bad stat totals. Oracorio is an example of this. No truly terrible stats, it's true, but four forms and apparently it's really cute. And Komala, which has a neat ability, good attack, and every other stat is fairly bad...but again, cute. And all the ridiculously cute grass types that aren't going to make it competitively? And the fairy type in general? Ugh, just ugh. Give some buffs to poison types. I see a lot of people wailing about how strong Toxapex is. I say bring on the era of the poison type. It's about time. They've been basically shafted in every generation thus far.

Glad to see some of you enjoying the series, but I jumped off the wagon in generation 5.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2016-11-30 03:12:30

Hello pokefans, just wanted to let everyone know that pokemon refresh (the new pokemon amie thing) is accessible so use it as much as you can. If you get your pokemon's affection up, you get boosted experience, able to land more critical hits, avoid attacks, survive a move when you should have died, and status effects can be ignored sometimes.
And gen 5 was where a lot of the undoable puzzles came in, like the sixth gym in bw2.
Most of the alolan forms are from gen 1 because of the 20th aniversary, and Jynx should get attention, that would be very interesting to see.

2016-12-05 00:17:11

Hi everyone! I have now completed all 7 trials! YAY!!!

2016-12-05 03:39:52

Heh. I'm still stuck in the big city, think I need to find hau in the cafe area or something before I can fight team skull.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-12-05 03:47:31 (edited by kingzombie 2016-12-05 03:50:15)

Go all the way left and follow the other type of step that kind of sounds like grass to the bottom left of the city, then head right to the other kind of terrain and go down, that's where Hau is, he'll automatically talk to you, sorry this is a bit hard to explain, let me know if it helps.

Oh and the Magearna event comes out tomorrow.

2016-12-05 04:15:58

Hmm, doing that just takes me into water.

2016-12-05 04:42:40

ah never mind, I got it, now looking for alima and team skull.

2016-12-05 04:53:13

I think you just go south of the malasada shop (where Hau was) you have to manually talk to him.

2016-12-06 01:24:30

I'm now at the elete four and it is super haaaaaard.

2016-12-06 02:11:07

Yeah, I've heard they don't mess around this time. I'm finally on route 2 on my way to the first trial. It doesn't sound like it's going to be fun.

2016-12-06 08:01:38

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear how successfully blind people are playing this, I thought we were out of luck as well. Even so, I recently sold my 2DS and all of my games, as I just don't use them anymore. Even if I can play through and beat the story, I can only do that so many times before I get bored, and want to breed and train for competitive battles or at least battle facilities. That's always needed sighted help to read natures and stats and such, and practical sighted help isn't something I have readily available anymore (I am not making hundreds of be my eyes calls to play Pokémon). Even with XY and ORAS, I was finding it harder to find the motivation to play. ORAS' soaring around thing really put me off too, as here were a crap ton of legendaries that weren't accessible to reach because there was no indication at all of when I was flying over their islands.

Listenning to let's plays though, I must say I'm impressed with the sounds that they've put in, like the return of fully featured footsteps HGSS style! Also glad to hear about the bag returning to how it used to be, I hated and never understood why the bag had to be laid out differently during battle. SOS battles also sound a hell of a lot easier than Pokeradar or Dex Nav chaining, so blind people can actually chain for shinies and hidden abilities reliably now! But not I, I guess. If they ever manage to get this on an emulator and write save file editors that let me see what natures and stuff I have, then I'll definitely give this a whirl.

2016-12-06 10:17:19

@Loxias: Maybe there will be something to read your PC Boxes' data from your computer. Back in the 6th generation there was PKHex which, among other things, could show all your pokemons in any PC Box with detailed informations.

2016-12-06 15:59:45

Yessss! I finally made it to the champion with only 1 of my pokemon fainted I think!
@Loxias: After I beat the story I will wondertrade/gts a ton of starters/starter-evolutions (since I have all three starters) then I do shiny hunting and hopefully get lots of shinies.
@Pulseman45: PKhex is available for gen 7 games, but you need to have custom firmware or homebrew, which is hard to do.

2016-12-06 18:35:28

Can PKHex alter Pokémon as well as read them? I'm thinking mostly of trade evolutions, since you need to use the touch screen to access trading now...

2016-12-06 18:51:34 (edited by pulseman45 2016-12-06 18:56:51)

In fact, you can literally generate any Pokemon with PKHex and even play with them online, provided you respect some rules (for example, you have to select where the pokemon was caught and as such make sure it comes from a place where it can be found, as well as not giving it a move it normally can't learn, and many other things). I believe there are tutorials on the Internet for this. Though, the version I had was not very accessible because NVDA didn't say the labels of some elements, for example you have to remember that HP is before attack and speed after special defense. Plus, unless it works differently now, transfering the pokemon in the game is not doable without sighted help, because it needs a 3DS web browser. Hopefully this changed.

2016-12-06 18:53:31

Yes PKHex can alter pokemon, you can also gen them too.
Also, about SOS battles, I don't think a shiny makes the shiny sound when it appears, but I don't know because when I check I hear yelling, "OH! A! Shiny! OMG! Aa! Yessss!"

2016-12-06 18:57:20

Sorry for posting right after I just did, but the web browser method was patched  last year.

2016-12-06 21:47:07

Got my copy today, loving it so far. Just trying to learn the new routes and get used to navigating. Making my way from the lab to the shopping district now to the first pokemon center

2016-12-07 00:40:34

Hi Everyone! I just beat the game! You don't know how many times I just have to say get a mudbray as soon as you can! It saved me so many times, including the final battle!!!!!!

2016-12-07 01:31:35

What makes it so useful?

2016-12-07 04:19:49 (edited by kingzombie 2016-12-07 04:23:00)

It has an ability, when it gets hit it's defense raises, and it has decent defense.
It is a ground type and can learn lots of great moves like high-horse power, heavy slam and earthquake.

2016-12-07 19:46:03

Kingzombie, you threw down the gauntlet, and I just bought Pokemon sun.
Well it's on backorder, but it'll get here soon enough...
Actually, I threw down the gauntlet with my first post, and you sure showed me up big time.
So, what I'm here to ask is, do I need to download any walkthroughs or fAQs before the game arives to help me with playing this game?
I'm not one to be showed up so easily by others if I have the means to attempt to do things they did; even if I was the one who first said it couldn't be done.
even if I fail miserably, I'm still going to give this a try.
I'll post here when I get my game, and; hopefully; be able to post some good news as well... ha ha ha!
Later!

2016-12-07 20:45:37 (edited by kingzombie 2016-12-07 20:50:06)

I didn't download any walkthroughs so I don't know if there is any good ones.
I just listened to let's plays.
Edit: I forgot to say it only took me 5 days to complete.