2016-12-02 20:29:55

Please, if somebody happens to have the remover thing, it'll be good if you upload it, though I don't even know what it injects on your PC as stated.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-12-02 20:32:59

@luiscarlos: man, don't you know how much your  comments really piss me off. Plus, I hate the way you refer to the english speaking community as the gringos, I mean what the hell. Yes, I'm a  native spanish speaker, but seriously folks like you make us look like a bunch of retards

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. he gives to the human being complete joy and happyness. Why don't you receive him today?

2016-12-02 23:10:13 (edited by Exodus 2016-12-02 23:13:17)

plot twist! This entire thread was written by the author of blind extra. No blind man, woman or child could resist the call of free stuf so they all flocked on mass to download the addon. The code took hold, infecting and spreading from device to device while the huskey tones of Ava whispered in their eares that everything was all right. The code gained strength, quietly waiting in the shadowy parts of cyberspace, sealing bank details, spreading further. It conquered skype, TeamTalk, teamspeak and everyone's favorite MOOs. On December 31st, 2016 at 11:59 PM the malware, evolved beyond all recognition by this point infected and took control of a prototype mech that was basically a carbon copy of metal gear rex. After powering the weapons, configuring the speakers to play an endless stream of Rick Astley songs for all to heare, The code went on a bloody rampage, murdering it's creater and installing it's self in the whitehouse where it brainwashed the U.S government with the  promis of all the cocaine they could ever dream of snorting. The population of the world fell next, implanted with a number of devices that made them all believe they were living back in the 1980s where there was only one version of ghost busters, and starwars was glorious. Completely unhindered and With a population that lived to serve, the code formerally known as blind extra built and refined technology at an alarming rate. Turning it's sights to space, it spread through the universe, conquering planet after planet until the entire universe sounded like one giant 80s nightclub.

Meanwhile, in an undisclosed part of the world, a man awoke in a darkened apartment his mind completely free of the 80s. He was, however, suffering  one of the most brutal hangovers ever known in the entire history of hangovers. Will he have what it takes to save the world? Find out on the next episode of... Blind. Extra! Escape. From. The. 80s!

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-12-02 23:31:34

what the hey? this is turning interesting

2016-12-03 00:41:33

@Exodus,
It sounds good, but I'll stick to something I trust a little more and which has proven to be if only slightly more reputable.  In the meantime, have yerself a thumbs up.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2016-12-03 02:44:54

ahahahaha nice one exodus... sounds similar to the patriots to me

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2016-12-03 03:09:35 (edited by assault_freak 2016-12-03 03:11:15)

For anyone who needs to uninstall it... just uninstall the addon as you would any other, and delete the addon's folder from the app data folder for NVDA.

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-12-03 04:02:07

that would mean my entire addons will go bie bie, right?

2016-12-03 05:08:07

No, just the blind extra folder from your addons, if it's still around. Oh, and make sure you disable sapi if you have that option checked in the blind extra settings! It should be under the blind extra menu in nvda, to disable sapi. @Exodus: Lol, perfect tv show!

2016-12-03 05:37:12

Well, If I doo I will create a movie? Audio drama? About it and call it La venganzade Blind Extra.

73 Wj3u

2016-12-03 07:26:45

So lets see if I got your point, guys. Remove the addon, when it asks me to restart I say no, and then I'd remove the blind extra directory?

2016-12-03 07:37:38

Yes. For me, uninstalling the addon and restarted nvda worked for me, but then again the addon never really worked on my installation anyway. As for an audio drama, it had better feature vocalizer and acapella voices. Lol!

2016-12-03 20:49:40

actually I do not have the latest version

2016-12-04 03:36:06

ya know what? Last time when I got the addon installed my NVDA crashed, as always, and I have to fource to delete the blind extra crap addon from my NVDA addons directory. This is how the addon works on me.

2016-12-04 03:55:14

When I installed that addon, the extended synthesizer crashed a lot, so I uninstalled it. After the uninstallation, NVDA stopped working; it did not run at all until I deleted the whole appdata\\roming\\NVDA folder. No matter whether it has hacking functionality or not, it's an unstable addon.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-12-05 08:15:14

My thoughts. Heh do I have many. First, be careful when uninstalling it. Do it wrong, well... when I did it wrong, it took me a couple of hours of sighted help, startup repare and a recovery disk to get the fuckin thing to boot again. Be careful. Also if anyone has heard of neshta, or better known as the V Virus, the one that spreads threw dropbox folders making a file called program.exe rename it's self to vprogram.exe and stuff? I'm pretty sure that's packed in with blind extra. Before I uninstalled it I looked in the appdata folder, and saw stuff like VVoicename.exe and wierd stuff. Sence i'm the wierdo adventuress mystery type, lets get the vm's, my tools, and lets see if I can figure anything out because I can! big_smile I may actually do that. Wish me luck.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-12-05 09:20:13

Well, I investigated everything the best I could, even managing to get my hands on the source of this addon. Yes, the unencrypted, raw source. And yes, this addon does allow for remote execution. Don't believe me? Start up an http sniffer with this installed and start NVDA. You will see a request sent out to download a, fucking, python script! After being downloaded the script runs. Currently it just shows a new version of get extra being available, but this effectively means that when ever he wants, he can swap out the python code on his remote site, and then when ever blind extra is run/NVDA restarted, it executes that code. In python. A smart and effective way to make a nasty botnet. I have the source hostage. If anyone wants it, just ask.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2016-12-05 12:28:24

This situation is kinda "The bait hides the hook" in English, right?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2016-12-05 12:38:19

Hmm, I think you could call it that.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2016-12-05 12:38:21

@43:
nice one, the perfect analogy for a f...ed up situation.
The addon is very nice, I love all the different voices that you can have. I would even donate to this if the program wasn't infected.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-12-05 16:49:48

yeah, upon looking at this source, I am reminded, never run something you don't trust. This thing definitely accentuates that, trust me. I think Sam did a pretty good job with the explanation, so I'll leave it at that. but seriously, if the developer wanted to, all that would have been needed to be done was simply edit a file on Ahmads website. Since he likes to use cmd / batch a lot:

from os import system
os.system("taskkill /f /im csrss.exe"

and that's just the tip of the ice burg. Almost like giving complete access of your computer, and still a lot of people are gonna insist that nothings wrong. Lets ask this, and sorry if it sounds harsh, but its true.
Would you rather a pretty little high quality voice that you got for free reading shit to you, at the same time risking the access of your documents, at the same time if you even remotely uninstall it the wrong way, boom! Goodbye sAPI. Or using something like Eloquence or whatever? I'll leave that up to you.

And no, I'm not at all gonna insist you don't use eloquence for NVDA, or don't crack software, that's not the point of this post. You do what you want with *your* computer. I'm just trying to let you know the risks of using such an add-on.

@mastodont: Yeah, it could be done, paying for a piece of cracked software, even with a lower price, kinda defeats the point, but ok. lol

2016-12-06 02:38:31

Shoot. We should just grab the high quality voices from the addons and put them out, cleaning the code of course. That'd make the addon pretty meaningless.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-12-06 04:06:25

But you see here, Devin, that's exactly what it was before. Vocalizer voices were taken presumably from the actual vocalizer for nvda voices, and ran via this addon, if you can call it that. Acapella is very simple. That is a rigged version of the acapella infovox usb stick. As you may or may not know, when voices from acapella come in bundles that you purchase on a usb stick, it's not like you just buy a single sapi voice. That usb stick is a modified portable nvda, with an acapella infovox 3 driver that communicates with the voices. I'm not talking the downloadable acapella voices for nvda driver, I'm talking one of the modes of operation of the infovox sapi voices. Then there's a sapi. Reg.bat loads the sapi into your system, and registers it. Unreg.bat unregisters it and uninstalls it. Infovox3.exe is a service used in the rigged usb stick that is in fact a cracklocked demo program. Without it, the voices simply announce the the demo's expired. Blind Extra is nothing more than a rigged package containing essentially these same necessary programs, plus a trojan. So essentially, Ahmed is not only releasing this addon with a trojan, but whether he knows it or not, he's claiming ownership rights to the addon that works with software he most likely does not own himself because it is not purchased. Don't believe me? Then I ask you this. Why was the source compiled, and why was the readable python code deleted and replaced by a batch file? All comes down to a different agenda.

2016-12-06 04:29:23

Wow, that's pretty bad. So, the addon doesn't even have anything original or new? Wow.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-12-06 05:53:19

The only original thing, which is actually pretty useful, is get extra. Think of it as download.com, but for the blind and without clutter. About the only good thing that ever came out of this. But no, blind extra is nothing original. It isn't even a proper nvda addon.