2016-11-15 11:28:37

Hey Wolfie, does your eTexts folder get things from the Harry Potter Fanfiction folder, or are they separate?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-16 00:49:03

Hi,
The etexts folder does have all the HP fanfics.

I'm going to address several other things here, because people have been contacting me privately.
As far as torrent files go, you need the content before you can actually torrent everything using utorrent, so you'd still need bt sync on mac to get the actual content. I can only provide so many services (in my case 1) with this kind of data I'm throwing around. I'm just offering it for those that can use it - and bt sync (or now RS sync) is accessible on windows, linux (and to a point mac). I'm not spending ridiculous amounts of money for dropbox, google drive, etc when a free service is already available to me. No, that's not directed at anyone, but I've been asked if I can post all of this to dropbox, google drive, another cloud service. The answer is no. If anyone else would like to, feel free - but do be aware that whoever downloads it won't be able to access the updated content unless you yourself keep it updated in whichever service you use.
Also reiterating a point here. When you're downloading content, please, please try and keep it as long term as you can. Feel free to download it and go through it, deleting things you don't want as this is a read only key. - but I've seen multiple people download 500 gb of data, only to delete it and start over again. Do keep in mind this is also using other peoples internet to send to you.

Now onto the fun stuff - if anyone has any requests do feel free to email me or send me a pm on here. Always willing to try and help people find things they're looking for.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2016-11-16 02:07:07

Hey Wolfy, really enjoying the folders.
In the latest version of sync, is it possible to selectively sync a subfolder (E.G. an entire audiobook or a complete season of a show)? I'm using RS Sync on android.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2016-11-16 02:21:56

Hi,
Yes, you can.
When you enter the folder key (or scan it via the computer), it should ask you, by default, where you want the folder stored. (Sd card, etc).
From there, you should be able to hit menu on that folder and enable selective sync (if it isn't already enabled.) You should also be able to long hold on the specific folder you want to sync (e.g. book or tv show) and it should have an option to download. Admitedly it's been a little while since I've used sync on android, so there might also be another menu button beside said folder.
But yes, the free version of rs sync for android does default to selective sync.
If you need more help, I'd be more than happy to get the old s4 or g4 out and play around with it to see what I can do. I know it does work though on both platforms.

2016-11-16 02:49:35

Hi, does the eTexts folder have any comic books in it? I know there's the interactive fiction stuff, and that strange "shadow" folder, but any novelizations of comic books or anything? Also, will any fanfics besides Harry Potter be added? Spacifically, there are some novelizations of games, like FF6 and 7, that gamers would love.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2016-11-16 11:54:09

@cartertemm at the time of this post the fanfic folder is 2.50 GB.

There is another harry potter fanfiction folder, but that one is mainly sorted by fanfic author.

Unfortunately finding completed stories is quite annoying, which is why I prefer the folder I gave the key to.

It may be smaller, but you at least know if a story is complete.

Going slightly off topic, does anyone know if syncthing can do what we're doing?

Or is syncthing geared towards personal use.

I ask because SyncThing is completely free, and open source.

It may work a little differently, that being you exchange device IDs, but the concept is similar.

That has selective syncing, and it's also for free.

It's also quite accessible.

It also uses a web interface, which they had before BTSync.

2016-11-17 16:56:32

hi
so,  from what I've seen in the books folder, looks like it was once a calibre library. Am i right?
if so, how can i add this library in to calibre again?
and if not, do you guys have any idea about it?

:)

2016-11-18 12:59:32

Hello.

How will I know when a folder has finished downloading?

I click on the text folder and see this:

6 files to
DEVIN-LAPTOP
Synced with
DAWDESK
Synced with
My Sync Device
Synced with
The Dedicated wolfbox
Synced with
BOOTCAMP
BRAD
MATTEO-PC
[::]:0
FX
DANIEL-PC
LUKAS-NEW-HP
BKM-LAPTOP
DESKTOP-SKUF34P
DESKTOP-USD0Q0B
FX
desktop - 5th ctl

Does that mean that the text folder has finished downloading as it would seem there is no more files that I have to download.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-11-19 21:33:37

Hi,
Wow, quite the collections you're tossing around here. I jumped right on the music one about a week ago and now have about 85,000 files to go. Pretty excited about that. I will grab the movies as soon as this is done, and I'm also considering the other three, but I have two internal HD's and an SSD as it is, and I haven't decided if it's worth replacing one of them for a bigger one to store all those shows without description. I also might have to leave these folders once I'm done with them as I doubt my poor upload band width can take the strain of all you people eating it, especially since you guys keep deleting and rejoining. Please don't do that, it hurts. And nobody's using dropbox to store this stuff either, the thought of it just makes me lol. I'd need a dropbox business account to store all that. Peer to peer is the way to go, even if I have to do it on DSL.

2016-11-19 22:08:00

Brad,
I'm not sure what you're asking, since you basically just answered your own question.
alec:
Instead of leaving the folder, my recommendation is to simply limit your upload bandwidth in options. I'm regularly adding to these folders, and I'm slowly starting to add shows with audio description. Keep in mind, too, that the ones without it were converted by yours truly and there was absolutely 0 automation involved in most of this, which is another reason I'm sharing it.
In regards to sync thing, it's more of a pain to add folders, it doesn't use all my internet, and it doesn't do selective syncing. I would also have to create completely new directories for each folder as bt sync and sync thing would conflict with each other. But yes, it does kind of work.
Re: Calibre, I'm not entirely sure about that since I don't use it, maybe someone else can chime in here?
If people aren't sure how to limit their upload speed please let me know. I don't want people leaving folders on account of that after putting all that effort in to download them and not to mention the space it takes up.
I have a dedicated server uploading, so don't feel as though you're being forced to max out your internet uploading. I'm also uploading a bit from home here too, though at the moment I limit it during the day and let it go wild at night.
If anyone has any requests, probably the best place to get a hold of me is skype, since I'll probably remember your request better there. I already had someone email me and already forgot what the subject was and can't find said email now.
My skype is listed under my profile. I promiss I don't bite - and feel free to add me just to chat in general, am always up for that.
Hope I answered everyone's questions and didn't miss anything.

2016-11-20 15:03:38

hi,
I might've been the one to send the e-mail.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-11-20 22:59:57

Hi,
Actually, that was indeed you. I'm trying to find your email but I have so many I'm having trouble. I know you were looking for something, though.
My own fault though, really; I should be writing this stuff down.

2016-11-21 13:37:09

Wow, thanks a lot. I'll try to get them as soon as I find my connection stayble and find the right time.
By the way, speaking of bt sync and its versions, I'd recommend you use version 1.3.106 I use, which I call it the golden version do to its high accessibility and performance. For this, I've uploaded it on my own dropbox folder, so you can all if you want download it from here

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2016-11-21 19:45:53

Hi,
That's now false. Ver. 2.4.2 is 100% accessible, lighter on resources and faster.
Give it a try and make sure you install as a service.

2016-11-21 20:27:49

hi,
do you want me to resend the e-mail?

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-11-21 21:38:25

Hi,
Would be greatly appreciated, yes.
Thanks.

2016-11-25 05:25:15

Hi is there a way to use selective sync with out bying pro. I don't have the bandwidth  or the space for all the files.

2016-11-25 17:39:38

Hi,
I can field this question:
I don't believe so, although pro is on for 50% off this weekend, which is a deal you should take advantage of if you can--I know I will be!
HTH,

Daniel

2016-11-26 07:45:48

Hi,
As Daniel pointed out, sync pro is 50% off this weekend and is a lifetime subscription to sync pro. It also means that you can transfer secrets between devices with a simple code copied from one device to another (e.g. desktop to laptop). I've done this countless times and it helps a ton.
Do remember to always grab the latest resilio sync from http://www.getsync.com
Also remember remember and this is a huge step - check the box that says install as a service and, if using NVDA, use firefox to make the sync experience most enjoyable. You can use whatever browser you want - I personally enjoy chrome now days - but just keep the sync web page bookmarked in firefox.

2016-11-28 11:13:48

Hi all,
So... I went ahead and bought sync pro, but a question:
Where is the licence file inserted into sync if it is being run as a service?
Thanks much,

Daniel

2016-11-28 18:03:24

Hi,
Open up the license file in notepad, copy the key and paste it into the manual connection diologue. You can find that under options at the very bottom of the screen.
Hope that helps!

2016-12-01 18:43:50

are the audio books and other folders still around?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2016-12-01 19:17:05

Hi,
The secrets aren't going anywhere any time soon.
So yes, everything is still up.
Thanks.

2016-12-03 23:02:17

Could you see if you could get the complete seasons of avatar the legend of corra and naruto shippuden? I'm also looking for some gundam if you have any.
Thanks for all the  great shows.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-01-07 05:55:56

Hi,
Just confirming that, indeed, these secrets haven't gone anywhere.
Just a note here.
I'm in desperate need of people on macs - especially if you're not running the latest version of bt sync (2.4.4 of this writing) to find a way to. I'm hearing people tell me that they're not getting all files on 1.3.109, and there's positively nothing I can do about that. The only suggestion I have is to create a windows vm and run the latest bit torrent sync (or as it's called now resilio sync). Install it as a windows service, type in the user name for your windows computer or vm in the boxes that come up, and go from there.
1.3.109 may work for some  - and if it does that's great. But if it doesn't end up working for you there's really nothing I can do apart from asking you to please upgrade.
With all of that being said I really am hoping folks are enjoying the secrets and the content they contain.
One more note - if you decide to sync the contents in full, please try and keep it up because new things get added. This is a lot of data we're slinging around, and I'd hate to have someone delete all the content only to redownload it just for a single tv show, movie, etc.
With that being said, don't feel the need to upload at your max rate constantly. Feel free to limit it, close sync, etc. (If running as a service, hit windows r, type in services.msc, navigate to resilio sync in the list, right click, and hit stop. Repeat this to start it again, or restart your pc.
Again, enjoy! Any questions the wolf is still here to answer them.