2016-11-28 06:56:35

Hi all. My main problem is that i can't write on the touch screen, it just writes the letter which is under my finger, but i just slide my finger along the screen, so its really confusing. Did i forget to set something inportant maybe? Note that its my first phone with touch screen so, i am a beginner at this.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2016-11-29 15:08:09

all that you need to do is go to the setttings menu of the phone, select language and input, and go to the default keyboard settings and check if the continues input is on.
if you are running a later vertion of android sutch as android 5.0, then go to settings and accessabilletie and then turn rappet key input off.
hope this helps.
let me know if it does not work, but one of this 2 methods should work.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2016-11-30 05:08:25 (edited by jack 2016-11-30 05:09:07)

Not to mention, the Samsung keyboard is not the best keyboard out there accessibility-wise. ON top of that, the Samsung Pocket Neo S5310 is a very old device by today's standards, very much outdated which leaves you in a difficult position. Samsung's older firmwares were a pain as far as accessibility. From what I can tell, you're running android 4.1.2, unless your neo came with a later version of android. There may be a lot of bloatware on the phone and that just adds insult to injury when you take into account the 512mb ram. Unfortunately, it's just one of those android phones you don't wanna get. Android is one of those systems where you really have to search up which phone's the best before you go pick one up. For example, my advice, get the Google devices. Those run stock android, so you don't have these concerns that arise when using a third-party manufacturer's version of android. Since you already have this phone, my advice is get the android up to date. If you are willing to take risks, you can root your device and flash a custom rom like cyanogen mod to your phone. That will get you running stock android with added benefits, and possibly a later version of android. Even with the low specs, that phone can still have a chance at running a vanilla android based rom rather than one filled with bloatware.

2016-12-01 08:01:38

yes i agree, the pocket nio, is running on quite a low vertion of android.
unless the phone came with a newer vertion, and it is a later moddle of that pocket nio phone.
i also agree on the fact that you should get a google device, that is packed with android stock.
then install something like cm.
cianigyn mod.
it has quite a lot of bennefits, and is after all verry accessable.

best regards

2016-12-01 21:17:48

Hello.
I have now a samsung galaxy s advanced, a samsung galaxy gio running android 2.3.6.
And the s advanced runing 4.1.2.
What is the latest version for these phones?
And I have an iphone 3gs with ios 4.1.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2016-12-01 21:42:03

hello.
i don't think that you will be able to update them easily.
you should root the device in order to mabey get them running on a higher vertion of android.
that can only happen if your device has the surported modle number.

best regards

2016-12-01 23:52:00

I want to uppdate the galaxy gio to the last suported android for it.

2016-12-02 03:19:12 (edited by jack 2017-11-28 06:30:05)

Whoa Dragos, you're way out of date. The latest version of android is 7.1.1 nougat. You should get the nexus 6p or the google pixel .

2016-12-02 09:59:47

These phones are for 2 months.
On 11 febroary I will buy a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus.

2016-12-03 05:32:18

You'd be better off getting a phone straight from google man. Stock android right out of the box, no bloatware.

2016-12-03 18:33:53

I had a google nexus 5 but I like more samsung.
In 2 months I will buy a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus.
I am verry happy.

2016-12-04 00:30:11

If you get a 6edge plus, you can flash a custom rom on it to get rid of the bloatware. If you get a pixel you'll already have google assistant, which is what the google home basically is. If you get a nexus 6p, you can change the model name to pixel *codename Sailfish* and you'll have the google assistant. The 6p I believe has better specs than the 6edge plus. The nexus 6p has an octacore 2.0ghz processor, with a qualcomm snapdragon 810 chip, and 3gb ram. It also has a 12.3mp camera with flash, which would work perfectly for knfb reader. Your nexus 5 didn't stack up that high, because the nexus phones before the 6p were known for having less than stellar cameras. Normally we wouldn't care about the cameras, but knfb reader needs a high-res camera, and the nexus 6p shatters the previous track record for nexus cameras. And the hardware specs are awesome. Also, on the nexus 6p, we have 2 front facing stereo speakers of excellent quality.

2016-12-04 17:11:19

You are rigt but my mum wants to buy me a samsung.
Now I have bad phones but I want to flash these with a rom to get a good android.

2016-12-04 21:48:34

Have you asked her about the nexus 6p? Sure you can always go with a rom, but if android pay or samsung pay is in your country, you won't be getting it on a rooted rom. You'd honestly be better off getting the 6p and honestly, I don't think there's much of a price difference.

2016-12-04 22:37:14

I will try.
I want a google phone but I want samsung because it is a big phone with curved margins and it has a good sound.
My mum has this phone and I like it.

2016-12-05 03:01:32

Samsung is a big phone, but nexus 6p is also a big phone too, with a durable metal design no cheep plastic of any kind.