2016-11-30 02:15:34

hey does anyone on here successfully play with or use rc vehicles like remote control monster trucks and things like that as a hobby? Not the real expensive ones just normal ones that have the lithium ion batteries. I tried flying my son's remote control hellicopter but I'm not successful with that at all and crash it a lot. Its just a cheap plastic one that is made to be crashed a whole lot. I am better with remote control or rc vehicles that go on land or maybe in water. What kind of rc vehicles do you guys on here use, if any? I was thinking of getting the rc thundertrax tank that transforms into a boat so that way if my 9 year old son gets gets one for christmas then we can race them and play with them together. As long as I don't make it go too fast and keep it within earshot since i am totally blind a ground and water vehicle should be much easier to play around with than the remote control planes. what do you all think?

2016-11-30 03:50:59

I had two R/C trucks, nitros both of them. You definitely want electric. Nitros are fun as hell but pain in the ass to maintain. You area always adjusting that little carburetor to make it run right, its annoying. They go fast though, and they bash real nice, get massive air.

I have not had an electric R/C though. I think I would go for something with a brushless motor though. I haven't looked around at the hobby in a while. I want an RTR model though, since I don't wanna have to dick with it. R/C is a hobby where you are gonna need to fix shit, even electrics. Clean the mud out, etc. you need to be a tinkerer. Unless you buy the toys, it is expensive. Don't get the mixup of thinking a toy is a hobby grade piece of kit though.

It's a fun thing to do though. I have flown the R/C helis and crash them a lot. I want to try the quads and see if I'm any better with those.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united