2009-08-18 12:46:37

Hey all.
Well as most of you probably know,k for my birthday I bought a del netbook. I installed all the software that I need, and everything seemed to be going ok. A few days ago, I was transfering music to my ipod with Anapod explorer. Since I had plugged in my Ipod before my external harddrive, my drive was assigned drive E, where it is usually assigned drive D, with was being occupied by the ipod. After unplugging the ipod from the USB port and plugging just my drive in, the new hardware baloon popped up, and notified me that a new device had been found. I can recall the first time I plugged it in, the baloon said found new hardware: USB device, where as this time it said found new hardware: and then the model of my drive. Well, heres my question: do you guys think that windows has somehow copied the drivers twice? I just don't know how or why it would have popped up the baloon again. I plugged the drive into the same port. My only guess is, that because of the drive change windows might have got confused. It doesn't actually affect the drive, --- i can still use it. However, when these things happen I just like to know why and how they happened, if you know what i mean.
Thanks alot for any help anyone can give,
Elliott.

2009-08-18 16:32:57

I find it normally announces that any time you plug something in. They probably didn't consider laptops much when writing the message, it basically just means
"Windows has detected you have connected a device. Windows thinks it is..."

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.