2016-11-18 22:57:43

Hi. I'm currently experiencing a religion shift. I have been interested in wicca for a while, and I was wondering if there are any groups where members can worship and commune together. I know a certain church has a virtual ministry on second life, but noone was there when I checked it out, and second life seems clunky to me, even with radegast. Any advice? I found a few forums, but I'm looking for something deeper, a place to actually connect and worship together. I was thinking of gathering a group of like-minded individuals and starting a group on miriani, since they have a shop that sells some of the things used in rituals, but I don't know how the religion would fit with the theme, and I'm still new, so I don't want to go around teaching others while I'm still new, I hope to find someone to learn from instead. Thanks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Role-play? Simulation? Strategy? Throw it at me! I'm all ears for the games!

2016-11-19 00:02:55

Hello folks! Lady Juliette, this is the only trustworthy website I know related to paganism I can safely recommend to you.

https://www.shamanism.com/

There may be others for sure, but I suggest you take a look at it's contents before accepting what is said. I've experienced this shift myself too, and today I don't consider me as a christian. Note that I'm not standing against any religions here. I really hope you find the true meaning of religare.
Best regards, Haramir.

The true blind is the one who refuses to see.

2016-11-20 19:09:23

Hello juliette.

Just as some suggestions, I'd not recommend trying to combine worship and a game, even a virtual environment like miriani, because it creates rather major problems for game admins, particularly when religious differences and objections come into things, and because other players could too easily mess things up.

It's the sort of thing that creates needless problems for online games, as well as potentially putting worshippers open to abuse by bigots.

I'd suggest your better off looking for an online skype group or something dedicated to worship, that if you can't find anything in your local environment connected with paganism, and perhaps for that sort of thing you'd be better asking on some of the pagan forums.

Just as a place to start I'd recommend checking out The pagan federation site here

At one time I did know the head of the British branche of the pagan federation who was a very nice lady, also the pagan federation generally struck me as a very welcoming organization who would be open to say setting up a skype group or similar.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-20 22:27:14

Yes, Dark is completely right.
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-11-22 00:54:21

I checked out the site. It seems as if the pagan federation is for Britain and Ireland, and I also read that joining isn't free, even if I did manage to persuade them to open a skype group. Okay. If a MUD won't work, are there any other text-based virtual worlds that would do better? I'm trying to give SL a fair shake, but nobody seems to be responding to me. I've come to the conclusion that SL is just not made for the blind. I would really like to find an online coven. I don't think there are any pagans near me, and meeting in person is out of the question, even if there were any.

2016-11-22 01:12:04

I am sorry Lady Juliette. Although it is not my duty to analyse or judge, I must say by personal experiences that living a religion virtually can turn to be very senseless with time. If you wish, you can send me a private message, so we can discuss without exposing ourselves unecessarely.
Best regards, Haramir.

2016-11-22 03:39:11

I understand where you're coming from, but I have noone else to worship with. That's important to me, since my family is Christian. I plan to come out of the broom closet, but I'd like some friends to commune with, people who will support me and who I can connect with. I sent you a PM, @Haramir. I'd appreciate your advice.

2016-11-29 15:49:32

I'm not a user there, but ecauldron.com is one such website, and I believe that Patheos has a pagan channel of blogs.

Prehistoric terror.
My github.