2016-10-30 10:19:45

hi. it seems that there is a bug with time zones, I have the Daylight saving time (advance times by 1 hour). checked in my settings but the time hasn't changed. Last night my time zone, which is UTC 2.00 eastern europe, turned back one hour.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-30 13:48:54

Hmmm, I'm a bit confused as to what your problem is.
first you need to set your time zone in the dropdown box. Then,  you need to make sure that the " daylight savings Advance times by one hour" box is not checked, being as the clocks did indeed go back last night (I've just gone into my profile and unset that myself).

The only issue I could see you having is if you used the "Advanced times by one hour daylight savings" box to set your time forward one hour but left the main time as Gmt, instead of selecting it in the dropdown, but as long as you've selected eastern europe there shouldn't be an issue, certainly I've just changed mine as I said and it's working fine.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-10-30 14:15:09

ah so I have to uncheck that box? I thought that the clock will go back by itself just as my iphone did. Thanks for the clarification.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-30 14:33:38

Ah, i see the confusion.

Nope, the "advance times by one hour" box does exactly what it says when it's checked. In order for the forum to get when clocks go back locally it'd need to actually acquire your location information and check the time from a central server the way phones do, which obviously would be a rather sophisticated and also probably fairly invasive thing for a web forum, so it's left up to you to set yourself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)